Story idea and stuff.

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Story idea and stuff.

Post by Megatron »

[set 80 years after fo2] You start off in this village a little south east of ncr, and most of the world is peacefully with mutants dead or hidden, new reno cleaned up (mostly) and most of the enclave wiped out. One day the mayor of the village (your uncle) calls you to his house, and tells you you are a descendant of the vault dweller and he wants you to retrieve 4 key-cards lost in the wateland that will open up the mysterious Vault 22, rumoured to hold an item that will change the wasteland forever. So you agree and go and search for these key-cards. The first one was lost deep in the old military base [now home to soem tribals] and as your digging around, you find a huge bloated mutant in a vat or something. After a bit of persuasion on its behalf, you crack open the vat and it rolls out, then suddenly shoots up through the ceiling and rolls/sprints/crawls along the wasteland and you find the first key-card.

The second key-card is in the glow, now home to hundreds of ghouls that mine the radioactive rock to make nuclear bombs or something. the third key-card is a few miles east of the glow, and has been built into this huge computer that you have to get off. The last key-card is being used to ornament a huge super-mutants necklace, and the mutant lives in an old prison full of other critters and mutants working together to mass-produce iguana on a stick. Then the big blob you freed in the old vats comes after you, this time it has a more humanoid shape, except you manage you blast it off a cliff. You then return to your town and give the keys to your uncle, who then trys to kill you with a swat team type of group. Then chase him to the mysterous vault, except it's a top-secret military vault thingy, full of the best pre-war veterans and controls to this huge satelite capable of destroying continents with huge laser blasts. You kill all the war veterans and are about to kill your uncle, when the big blob type thing attacks again, and absorbs your uncle. It smashes up the controls and then runs off, but you chase it back to the glow. It wraps itself around a nuclear bomb and is about to launch it and all the other bombs onto the wasteland again, but you kill it.

TEH END.

Last edited by Megatron on Sat Aug 03, 2002 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jimbo san
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Jimbo san »

8O That's actually a better plot than FO2's :lol:
Interplay must be red faced now. :lol:
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

I really doubt the war veterans would be alive after 240 years though....

Maybe if they would be cyborgs or something, that would be cool....

As for the ending of the game, there needs to be a nuclear explosion. Maybe you think you're safe and leave and head back to the north east, but the nukes go off, the Glow is completely annihilated, as well as LA and the Hub, and everything in that radius.

As for laser blasts destroying continents, that seems a bit far fetched, unless it was the Death Star. What would be cool is if it was some thing that reacted with atmosphere and burned it. That would give some more urgency to stopping it than just, "Oh. It's a big laser. I gotta stop them, after a nap of course."

Streamlining the order in which you travel would be better, instead of back and forth, and back and forth. It is a pretty original, and good idea though.
Jimbo san wrote:Interplay must be red faced now. :lol:
Nope. It's run by marketing idiots now, I don't think they can be embarassed. :D
fuck
Blarg
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Blarg »

The troops might be in suspension tanks.
The orbital laser thingy only needs to be powerful enough to annihilate a small area...like the building you're in.
I like the idea of Ghouls settling in the Glow. It was a research facility, and the Vault Dweller(dramatic music) restored the power. There is bound to be Something Nasty left somewhere in there, maybe a nuclear self-destruct device.
Mass-produced iguana on a stick...disturbing images of Big Al's Iguana Emporium, and how he makes enemies disappear.
I'm not insane, I'm just misunderstood. Unless I misunderstood the meaning of "insane".
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

The soldiers and stuff would have been kept in chryogenic freeze-things, or they were trained in the vault by other army vets who didnt fight over alaska.

I was thinking as the orbital laser thing=It sort of fires a big laser down at the ground about the size of a small town, and scorches the earth underneath it and obliterates any organic material. Think what happens to an ant when you fry it with a magnifying glass.
:chew:
Our Host!