Speech...more than Yes and No...!!!

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
ogreb
Respected
Respected

Speech...more than Yes and No...!!!

Post by ogreb »

Thanks to JJ86s Yes and No entities, I've figured out how to do speech ( Somewhat crude I'll admit)

Instead of just yes and no options...You may get up to 3 options for reply.

Lets say your talking to someone and he/she tells you something or asks you something....when he/she is finished a world text will appear..giving you up to 3 responses...

You click close ( or I may use a timer)and then 3 numbers will appear on screen corresponding to the text you just read...clicking on said number( which is your chosen response) will set said triggers( speech, reaction etc) into action ( you might get info...or you might get your butt kicked etc)

Numbers will be color coded..( for the most part)

1 =Green=Nice response
2=yellow=Indifferent or snarky
3=red= Downright nasty etc
( just a rough correspondence...as some speech may have 2 nice responses or 2 nasty responses)
So along with the Yes and No options this should inject a little life into the game..

Of course it is real complicated to set up, so everyone you talk to will not have this option, but there will many. ( even if it is only 2 responses..or just yes and no...which is alot easier)

Ok...looks like I'll be busy for awhile....
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

It sounds good, glad that I could help. It is a challenge to work out all of the accompanying speech nodes but can be worth it. Make sure you script it all out beforehand otherwise it can get unwieldy to add something else later.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

It would be much easier to use this system Izno came up with,

http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12474

http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12481

or at least a variation of it. Or in combination with the yes no sprites.

Basically you create a few inventory items and give them to the player at the start, (perhaps make some sprites using theatre masks ~ happy, sad, neutral) instead of your red, yellow, green then tagname them. Then the player just needs to equip the appropiate item to change the mood of their reply.

Saves having to do lots of activating, deactivating actors etc and can be set up for most people on the map.

Though I still think play to the game's strengths and leave lots of speech to FO2 modders.
Our Host!