Where are the Yes and No entities?

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
ogreb
Respected
Respected

Where are the Yes and No entities?

Post by ogreb »

..or at least the sprites for them?

Speaking of custom sprite...how do you make sure they install properly?
I've gotten the names to show up but not the actual sprite itself( in the entity editor)
Shouldn't they also show up under entities in the level editor?

I extracted them to core and then attempted to extract them again...but it said something about the path being wrong.

Do I extract them to core and then rename them ( like put them under one folder..ie Custom sprites) and then extract them again?

I D/Led them from JJ386s place but there was no read me on what to do with them.

The tiles were easy...

And speaking of tiles...I know I need to keep all my custom sprites in my campaign file ( I just set one up like Tactics uses..inside core)

Do I also need to keep any custom tile there?

The sprites I want to use are the extending bridge,radio, glasses...and a few others.
Dak
Regular
Regular

Sprites

Post by Dak »

In your core directory you should have a directory named sprites You should place them in this directory. I have a directory inside the sprites directory that I named NewSprites. You can name it what ever you wish. Did you unpack the sprites from the .BOS files? In the entity editer under image, find and select the sprite you want to use. It should then show up. you can then color it using the color bars also located there. Dose this help?
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Custom Sprites/Tiles can go in either the core or custom directory, the advantage of them going in the core folder is then they're available for other mods.

I have all mine installed to folders named after the creators, then divided by type just like the default sprites. For example JJ's yes/no sprites I've put in core\sprites\JJ86\items\misc. It would of been nice if we could of got a standardised install going way back when, unfortunately I've got half a dozen mods, with half a dozen versions of the same tiles and sprites all following different paths.

The entity editor is terrible at showing the sprite, even with the default sprites. Once you've selected the sprite click in the selection box and then click on the surround and the sprite usually will show up.

They'll only show in the level editor if attached to an entity. :)

I'd put the extending bridge in core\sprites\items\mission specific\Mission 25 as it was just a fix of the existing sprite.
ogreb
Respected
Respected

Post by ogreb »

Ok..I was doing it right. The sprite was just not showing up...the name was but not the actual image...
Yes...I unpacked all Bos sprites a long long time ago.

But where are the yes and no sprites?

I've looked through all the sprites but I still don't see them..
And I will put custom sprites under one folder that way I can keep track of them.
Same with custom tiles...

So where are the yes and no entities..?
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

ogreb wrote:Ok..I was doing it right. The sprite was just not showing up...the name was but not the actual image...
Yeah happens a lot annoying but then that's FOT for you.
ogreb wrote:But where are the yes and no sprites?
Is there no link to them on JJ's tutorial? PM me your email and I can send you what I've got.
ogreb wrote:So where are the yes and no entities..?
There aren't any until you create them, or you can grab them and the sprites from one of the mods that used them, though I can't remember which those were. Either Quartz or one of MV's mods?
ogreb
Respected
Respected

Post by ogreb »

I meant the sprites...

Ok I reinstalled the the other sprites and they are showing up now.

What entity should I use as the extending bridge( The sprite is showing up now) Should I just use GenericItem?

No they( yes and no sprites) were not in JJs downloads...

I'll PM you

Thanks....
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

If you want the bridge to open/close then I'd attach it to a door entity.

Sprites are sent.
Our Host!