FO2 end-game stats

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

What bugs?
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Hubologist exp bug, jet-drug bug
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

Thor Kaufman wrote:Hubologist exp bug, jet-drug bug
What now? Tell me more!
Lukasz-san
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Lukasz-san »

regarding torrent fallout
i downloaded fall 2 from torrentspy and it works but there are some problems. it seems that this version doesnt accept patches. it works with the 1.02 but sometimes old problems are still occuring. and it doesnt work with fan made patches (which are much better than official ones). i finally got pissed on it since i cannot fight on the ring in SF, game crashes or i cannnot escape the ring. i will wait till i come back home were is my orginal version :)

i wanna try to finnish game with worse possible character. Strength 10 Perception 7 Endurance 1 Charisma 5 Intelligence 1 Agility 1 luck 10 traits such as: skilled and fast metabolism. also choosing gambling and barter (two which are not important at all since money dont matter in F2.)
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Lukasz-san wrote:regarding torrent fallout
i downloaded fall 2 from torrentspy and it works but there are some problems. it seems that this version doesnt accept patches. it works with the 1.02 but sometimes old problems are still occuring. and it doesnt work with fan made patches (which are much better than official ones). i finally got pissed on it since i cannot fight on the ring in SF, game crashes or i cannnot escape the ring. i will wait till i come back home were is my orginal version :)

i wanna try to finnish game with worse possible character. Strength 10 Perception 7 Endurance 1 Charisma 5 Intelligence 1 Agility 1 luck 10 traits such as: skilled and fast metabolism. also choosing gambling and barter (two which are not important at all since money dont matter in F2.)
Well, you could use $ to get best armor/wpns, but you have to actually get somewhere that sells decent stuff.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Once I had a really strange bug. I was high level (just about to go to the Enclave oil rig), and I got another perk. There was nothing in the list that seemed useful, as I was just about to finish the game, so I took "Here and now". By some bug, instead of getting 1 level, i got a shitloads. My health jumped up into 400s, etc. This was in the unpatched, original version, but I was wondering whether this has happened to anyone else as well?

edit: Oh, and those 2 bugs, mentioned above, what are they? Never had them...

edit2: Funny, I was just looking through a guide from a link that someone had posted beforehand.

"A v1.0 bug, in the slightly edited words of Elliot: "Before the patch if you chose the perk Here and Now at a high level, you would gain a level for every 3 levels you had already got. So if you got it at level 15 you would get 5 or 6 free levels (and you would probably get more than 99 skill points). However, you would miss out on any perks you would get from those levels." Or at least all but one."
Cantor
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Cantor »

Lukasz-san wrote:regarding torrent fallout
If you take the trait Bruiser and AG 1, you have only 3 action points per round. That is the worse possible character!
Good luck.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Cantor wrote:If you take the trait Bruiser and AG 1, you have only 3 action points per round. That is the worse possible character!
Good luck.
I remember back in the old days of the BIS FO board there was a kid who went by "Paragon of Virtue" who set up a character like that. Basically, unless he starts adjacent to someone and punches them, or uses a low AP cost weapon and didn't move he couldn't even attack one/turn. He said it was a major challenge getting through the game, best saved for that time you decide to be a pacifist...

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:
Look them up on Pers guide (guess that's the one).

Hubologist is when you finish some mission for the hub people and approach the leader of the pack with IN <4 you gain 5000exp for every approach, dialogue line is 0-0 or 1-1, iirc
*nets you infinite exp, you may get to lvl99 if you wish

Jet bug: get addicted to jet, use antidote you get +ST+PE+APs, needs a certain order, though, don't remember all the steps
*you can have up to 10ST,10PE and infinite AP (maybe there is a cap at 255, I dunno)
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Thor Kaufman wrote:
Frater Perdurabo wrote:
Look them up on Pers guide (guess that's the one).

Hubologist is when you finish some mission for the hub people and approach the leader of the pack with IN <4 you gain 5000exp for every approach, dialogue line is 0-0 or 1-1, iirc
*nets you infinite exp, you may get to lvl99 if you wish

Jet bug: get addicted to jet, use antidote you get +ST+PE+APs, needs a certain order, though, don't remember all the steps
*you can have up to 10ST,10PE and infinite AP (maybe there is a cap at 255, I dunno)
Ok, thanks for clearing that up.
Our Host!