Sprite Editing

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Dak
Regular
Regular

Sprite Editing

Post by Dak »

Just sent the Sprite Editing tool to JJ86, He's going to place it on his site. If you have problems with it, let me know. You will be able to edit all the sprites now. It uses BMP in 256 color. There are help files, and a Help Menu, please read them. Any problems contact me on one of the forums. I normaly check the DAC forum's once a day. Enjoy.
ogreb
Respected
Respected

Post by ogreb »

Far out!

As I am doing a whole new campaign using the Tactics engine.
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by [HpA]SniperPotato »

you're not the first :giggle:

I too am making one.

goodluck buddy :drunk:
Fallout Tactics multiplayer: COOPnet and MegaCOOP map pack
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

ogreb wrote:Far out!

As I am doing a whole new campaign using the Tactics engine.
How do you do that?

Deathmatch/etc. maps are easy-ish, but doing a campaign usually just means "hollowing out" the existing campaign and replacing its elements.

How in fuck do you get the areas/etc linked together your own way?
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

First you gotta make your map or put new entities on an existing map. Then you put triggers and all that fancy stuff. After that there's 2 possibilities. You can 1) make a trigger that switchs to another map after the current one is completed or 2) make a campaign with the world map. To do that you have to edit bos.cam and place those green circle things where you want your locations to be and some other shit.

yeah.. :lalala:
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

[HpA]SniperPotato wrote:First you gotta make your map or put new entities on an existing map. Then you put triggers and all that fancy stuff. After that there's 2 possibilities. You can 1) make a trigger that switchs to another map after the current one is completed or 2) make a campaign with the world map. To do that you have to edit bos.cam and place those green circle things where you want your locations to be and some other shit.

yeah.. :lalala:

Hmmm, so tempted...

ogreb
Respected
Respected

Post by ogreb »

It's not as hard as you think..

I'm just suprised nobody has done one yet...

The editor is easy...and I mean easy to use...

As far as linking maps...thats controlled under triggers and variables.

lets say your in a map and someone tells you about another place/location...that statement activates a variable or trigger for another area to appear on the map.

once you get the hang of triggers and variables..it's real simple

The hardest part is making the maps and typing speech text, putting in waypoints, building NPCs, pasting in spoken speech ( I have 23 voice actors) sound effects, cutscenes ( I have a moviemaker)

the hardest part is making the maps...some of the maps are huge!
6x6 and larger with multi-levels

I'm looking at another 6 months to finish....I hope

As I am doing this alone ( except for the speech...I went around to my friends and strangers and had them say pre wrtten lines into my recorder...some of them are pretty good...one good thing about living in a arttist town)
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

JJ86 did some Wasteland inspired work a while back. He was going to do a mini-campaign based on it, but I'm pretty sure that the project was shelved. So the horizon's wide open on that one.

Of course, it would be nice if someone updated the graphics on the world map...EGA graphics always were something of an eyesore...

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Dak
Regular
Regular

Sprite Editer

Post by Dak »

Also sent the editer/viewer to TRS. So it should be up shortly. If anyone cares over at TRS in their down loads for FOT you will find a fixed version of the Male Reaver. He will now fire the rocket luancher correctly, while standing.

EDIT:
Just sent new copies to JJ86 and TRS. Corrected some things that bothered me. Hopefully they'll post them shortly.
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Can you post the link to TRS where we can download the 2 editors from?
Dak
Regular
Regular

Editer

Post by Dak »

I have sent a copy to you. TRS has not posted it as of yet. As soon as they do, will let you know. Its only one editer/viewer not 2. If you did not get it send me a PM.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Well, I'll try a little map for starters.

Just putting my toe in.
Dak
Regular
Regular

Maps

Post by Dak »

Becareful, creating maps can be habbit forming. Do one small one then another and soon your creating bigger and bigger maps. Then you'll find yourself doing Sprites and Tiles.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Re: Maps

Post by Redeye »

Dak wrote:Becareful, creating maps can be habbit forming. Do one small one then another and soon your creating bigger and bigger maps. Then you'll find yourself doing Sprites and Tiles.

I can quit anytime I want.

:drunk:
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Thats bullshit Redeye. I'm addicted to the editor. :writers_block:
Dak
Regular
Regular

Mapping

Post by Dak »

Heard that said about smoking.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

The only way I was able to put the editor down was by going cold-turkey when I joined the Army. Not having access to a computer coupled with being locked away in a gulag for weeks on end did the trick.

When I get back to Schweinfurt I'll have both a computer and FoT at my fingertips...don't know how long I can resist the siren song...

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Dak
Regular
Regular

Maps

Post by Dak »

Well shortly you'll be able to advance to the hard core of editing, "Sprite" vehicles and Characters. JJ86 is trying to acesses his site to post it.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

OnTheBounce wrote:The only way I was able to put the editor down was by going cold-turkey when I joined the Army. Not having access to a computer coupled with being locked away in a gulag for weeks on end did the trick.

When I get back to Schweinfurt I'll have both a computer and FoT at my fingertips...don't know how long I can resist the siren song...

OTB
Map your barracks... stage a terrorist mission :joy:
Dak
Regular
Regular

Sprite Editer

Post by Dak »

OK JJ86 has it poted on his web site. If you have problems getting it to run let me know, but first read the help file that came with it, there may be some files you will need to run it.
Our Host!