FOBOS: The dealio

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

FOBOS: The dealio

Post by Spazmo »

Everyone's favourite Aussie (after Kreegle, naturally) Dark Underlord whipped up an in-depth and exhaustive article all about FOBOS and all the horror. So if you're wondering just what FOBOS is and just why we hate it so much, I say to you:

http://fmf.knightcommand.net/index.php? ... bout_fobos
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
chrisbeddoes
Respected
Respected

Post by chrisbeddoes »

We now also hate it even more because Puuk confirmed what we all knew.

That Ineptplay killed Fallout 3 in order to complete FOBOS faster.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

NO FABOS IS TEH BAST
bey.
MSmalldon2002
SDF!
SDF!

Post by MSmalldon2002 »

I refuse to play Fallout: The Brotherhood of Steel. I think it looks like a terrible game, and am not a fan of playing these terrible names. IMO, just because it has the name Fallout, doesn't mean it is Fallout. As you can see, the fans of a true Fallout have spoken.
-"Is that a REAL robot?"
-"It sure is, but don't touch it. I think it wants to destroy the Human Race or something."
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

I cannot believe the F*** faces decided that they would make a game for playstation :chainsaw: and XXX P**** The bitches. This is a PC game not a game for spoilt five year olds. They should have made Tactics properly and not just thrown it to the wind to finish FOBOS. I might not ever forgive them, even if the game is converted for the PC.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

rabidpeanut wrote:I might not ever forgive them, even if the game is converted for the PC.
Well thankfully your wishes have come true and Interplay's stupid decisions have finally caught up with them.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

So do you mean that it will come out on PC or am i not cottoning on very quickly
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

rabidpeanut wrote:So do you mean that it will come out on PC or am i not cottoning on very quickly
No, Interplay is effectively a dead company. They have nobody on staff to make a game or to even clean the restroom. They don't even have a restroom to clean anymore. There will be no new Fallout games released possibly forever. Unless the license somehow magically gets sold which has as good a chance of happening as me winning the multi-million dollar lottery...
Red

Post by Red »

Interplay can defenetivly get sold. Chances of it surviving as a whole are in my eyes impossible though.

Even if it declares bankrupty all assests will get sold to the highest bidder to recoup as much of the losses as possible.

The question is what will happen to the license with it's "new managment".
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

If new management happent it will probably just be used as a tax excuse so there is no hope, however this should be good news for the guy's at fallout yurop cause then they could probably get hold of the scource code of fallout and all the original editors. Semi good thing, sad though that they are pulling a Cavedog.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

It is interplay's fault though, they got their come uppance, they turned their back on the PC and got killed for the mistake.
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

Console games are selling like hotcakes, its a pretty average decision for marketing to decide that they should switch. Their mistake was making a rapid succession of crappy games for console.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

You got a point there, those rich ass bastards with theirplaystations etc. have got so effing much cash to spend while we PC users are stuck scrounging for pennies to purchase writable CD's. But anyway materialism will send you to hell so sucks o them and also being an asshole will do the same so i just gave myself a one way yticket downwards.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Red wrote:The question is what will happen to the license with it's "new managment".
The question is how could it possibly be worse off in ANYONE else's hands?
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

I don't think that is possible even if a blind deaf illiterate(in brail of course) dwarf with herpes and cancer would run it, even then it would run better.
Cuthbert Allgood
Regular
Regular

Post by Cuthbert Allgood »

I played fobos for about 7 minutes, its been collecting dust since i got it ..... i dont even consider it a fallout game...!!!!
"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

...No one does.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Link is down :(
Serious Business.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Thanks Koki, you spammer D;

I mean, nearly 1000 posts!!!
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Well... I can see why you guys prettymuch hate Fallout Tactics... it effectively ruins the story, amongst other things. On the other hand, you know, everybody's got an opinion. I mean, I got the demo couple years back, and soon got addicted...

I know it sounds like extreme mental retardation to FoT-hatas, but yeah... I still like it; got it recently and I've been having fun with it. Thing is, though... I haven't played the older ones, per se... I got FO2 maybe 18 months ago, and ended up quitting about 15 minutes in... just... don't like fighting large scorpions... in a temple... with my fists. In any case, I don't really know the previous story, and how important it was to the series, but the dominant things I've heard are that FoT crimps the older story, so... yeah, I guess. But like I said, it all depends. Different people have different opinions.
Our Host!