The Firearms Thread

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

D:
guns enthusiast is synonymous to white trash
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

Mismatch wrote:D:
if you dun like guns , jus dun post in this thread dude. :chainsaw:

there's no obligated rules to post in this thread. :no:
It's about *beep*in' time some backup got here! Quote by Paladin Solo. ( FOT )

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who do the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh, yeah? Ok.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload. ... ile_id=762
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

oh, but contrary to popular belief, lack of enthusiasm does not quite qualify as dislike of them.
your logic is flawed
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Mismatch wrote:D:
not really, black trash dig guns just as much.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Blind stereotypes rule the day! City slicker swell guy.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Burnov
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Burnov »

Well, I want a rimfire pistol because first off. As a caliber, they're fun as hell to shoot. Secondly, I know quite a few land owners who are pro-gun and wouldn't mind me shooting a rimfire pistol on their land, which yeah is technically illegal (for pistols, as they're restricted in this country, ie: you can only legally fire them at a range, although shooting on your own land or private property is a gray area). However the cops aren't going to go busting onto private property to hassle people who are doing so discreetly.

And really, there's nothing more discreet than a rimfire cartrige, even though admittedly, the .17 is probably the loudest of the bunch. Attempting that with a larger caliber would just be a bit too obvious. It'd generate complaints or attract unwanted attention. There are very secluded places you can go to shoot pistols, but it's a fair drive to get to them.

The reason why I want a .17 is for gophers, as a round it's very fast, accurate and has a level trajectory which is exceptional for a rimfire round.
Last edited by Burnov on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Smith Wesson Airweight Bodiguyard
Carib
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Carib »

Springfield Armory XD .45 high capacity .45 ACP.... What does the gun experts say on that?
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

Carib wrote:Springfield Armory XD .45 high capacity .45 ACP.... What does the gun experts say on that?
which color you gonna buy ? :-)

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who do the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh, yeah? Ok.

ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

XD .45 is a new gun, and I tend not to trust guns made for bigger calibers than the one they were originally designed for.
Burnov
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Burnov »

An acquaintance has recently purchased a springfield 1911A1. Now. I've fired a .45 caliber pistol before, however this one in particular had a very nasty tendency to spit the brass into your face, or launch it on top of your head, or what have you. The previous .45 I shot was an STI ranger. Which I dunno... didn't do that. :?

It was very annoying. Both me and the owner of the gun had black marks on various portions of our face after running about three or so boxes through it. Even though it didn't hurt. I just really hated that, and it kind of killed the enjoyment of shooting the damn thing. Not to mention I kept consciously ducking my head out of the way when I pulled the trigger, so obviously that hampered my accuracy with it.

I recall there was a reason why I wasn't terribly excited about pistols.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

You should've held it sideways, dawg.
Faggot Satan
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Faggot Satan »

ApTyp wrote:You should've held it sideways, dawg.
Thats how real men shoot guns, thats how real men break their wrists. (you aren't a real man unless you can break your own wrist in a firefight)
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

swell guy Satan wrote:<irrelevant>
AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. :drunk:
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

I have bought Charter Arms Undercover .38 Special, used.

Photo:
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=43518848

The gun is pretty old, it's missing the bead-like thingie at the front of the ejector rod, and there's some minor rust on the hammer, but other than that it's much bueno.

Double action shots suck ass, but it's fairly accurate on single action, considering how my revolver skills suck anyway...

Also, I have heard amusing anecdote about Nyclad ammo. The burgler shot a homeowner with Nyclad, and the result was apple-sized would on the leg :aiee:, so I want some B)
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

ApTyp wrote:I have bought Charter Arms Undercover .38 Special, used.
The gun is pretty old, it's missing the bead-like thingie at the front of the ejector rod, and there's some minor rust on the hammer, but other than that it's much bueno.
Double action shots suck ass, but it's fairly accurate on single action, considering how my revolver skills suck anyway...
Also, I have heard amusing anecdote about Nyclad ammo. The burgler shot a homeowner with Nyclad, and the result was apple-sized would on the leg :aiee:, so I want some B)
how much did you pay for the revolver ? You shooting using single hand ? What's Nyclad ammo ? :hahano:

ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

$200. Shooting two-handed. I just suck at revolvers, i'm more of a pistol person.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=3265

See? They won't even sell to ordinary citizen anymore.
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

ApTyp wrote:$200. Shooting two-handed. I just suck at revolvers, i'm more of a pistol person.

See? They won't even sell to ordinary citizen anymore.
kekeke :hahano: I think you can shoot better if you are using a 4 inch revolver cos snub nose revolver tends to have a bigger recoil/climb.

at least you can still buy JHP cartridges , but the expansion wun be as good compare to a 4 inch revolver due to the muzzle velocity loss.

ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

don't care. it's the kind of gun you carry when you can't be bothered to strap on your .45ACP.
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

ApTyp wrote:don't care. it's the kind of gun you carry when you can't be bothered to strap on your .45ACP.
ya , you are right. anyway 4 inch revolver seems to be too bulky for cc right ? what cartridge are you using for range practise ? can you hit a man size target at 25 yds ?

but a .45 ACP pistol defintely have better stopping power compare to a .38 revolver. :yes:

Our Host!