Leveling the robot recruit (?)

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Enon
SDF!
SDF!

Leveling the robot recruit (?)

Post by Enon »

I read awhile back that the robot recruit was unable to gain experience. I couldn't find any posts that backed this up so I was wondering if that was true. I'd like to use the Elixir of Life on him but there's not much point if he can't level up. Thanks.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

I wouldn't know I never take it, it's stats are rubbish and it only lasted 30 seconds the first time I took it into combat.

Since you're taking time out to post you've probably saved so you could've easily just given it the elixir and then see what happened and then reloaded in the event that nothing did.

Here's a tip try playing the game, then reading about it. Unless you get really stuck it's better to ignore guides and walkthroughs, play the game make good choices or bad choices but make your own choices.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Enon
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Enon »

I absolutely agree with you on that Requiem. Unfortunately, I've been playing on Tough Guy mode and, while I've been using the technical forums to smooth out the ride, I can't seem to get past Junction City without the game crashing. Hey, that's life, but I was looking forward to getting the robot in my squad when he's available and buffing him up with the Elixir of Life seeing as it would raise his Endurance enough for another +1 HP per level (like you said, his HP sucks so any little bit helps). I'm restarting on Normal mode and it will be awhile before I get to him. However, if he can't level (or can't use the Elixir or whatever...) then I'd rather incorporate it into my main character's build (I know this isn't an RPG but planning characters is a big part of the enjoying the game for myself). At any rate, I don't have the time to play it through again after this so here I am, casting myself on the mercy of the Forums for the want of a Little Metal Dude. Cheers...

P.S. - I have a severe aversion to duping so I didn't really care to go that route.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Enon wrote:Unfortunately, I've been playing on Tough Guy mode and, while I've been using the technical forums to smooth out the ride,
Since the elixir is available in a special encounter and not a mission, go pick it up take it back to a bunker, save and then try. There's no time limits in this game (unfortunately).
Enon wrote:I can't seem to get past Junction City without the game crashing.
If the crashing is that bad extract the map using winzip to core\campaigns\missions\core and open it in the FT Tools level editor, click F7 and tick the box 'Is bunker' and save. Then you'll be able to save in mission.
Enon wrote:P.S. - I have a severe aversion to duping so I didn't really care to go that route.
Aren't you patched wasn't duping fixed by the patch?
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

robot recruits should gain experiance. At least mine did on my first game through when I used him. 'least I think he did.
Mr_Newbie
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mr_Newbie »

how do you get robot recruits?
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

there's only one, near the end. It has something like 99,000 XP to get to its next level, and its niot that good, so don't bother.
does this work
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by [HpA]SniperPotato »

No clue about that. I remade all the chars because they suck nutsack. Seriously, who the fuck uses finesse or bloody mess? Those are shit traits. Charisma in this game? No thanks.
Fallout Tactics multiplayer: COOPnet and MegaCOOP map pack
Carib
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Carib »

Robots level, they don't gain perks... And they can't heal on their own, must be repaired.

Basically I mod the game and make my own team, not cheat but balance them off. And yes, it takes time to level up a robot.
Our Host!