You guys are gonna hate me... especially JJ86...

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.

What should I do?

Make everyone start over
33%
Make Rebellion4 into Revenge1
67%

Total votes: 6

Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

You guys are gonna hate me... especially JJ86...

Post by Max-Violence »

OK, so I just realized that I screwed up big time.

You see, my original plan for Rebellion was to have 3 maps. So, that's how I set up the campaign.txt, generic_mission.txt, and the .cam file.

Well, I changed my mind right after I finished Rebellion1 to make the campaign 4 maps. So, I just changed the g_m.txt and campaign.txt and the rebellion.cam files.

Well, guess what? The transition from RB3 to RB4 doesn't happen. I'm 100% sure everything should work, but it doesn't. My guess is because the game ignores changes to the .cam file after the first map is loaded. So, unless I or someone else can figure out how to get around that, I've some problems

1 - I'm about 90% done with RB3. As in 90% done with everything. That's a problem because I've made the map (and RB2) with the intention of having a fourth map.

2 - Since I can't get the game to recognize the changes to the .cam file, the only way for the campaign to go like I want it to is for me (and everyone who's played the thing so far) to restart from Rebellion1.

So, either a miracle happens, or everyone gets to start over (hence the post subject). Technically, I could do some major surgery to RB3 to make it make sense that the fourth map isn't "there" (in a nutshell, I'll make RB4 the first map of the Revenge campaign).

So, what do you fellers think I should do? Obviously, if I make everyone start over, I'll retouch RB1 and RB2 to make it (at least somewhat) worthwhile.

Note that option #2 on the poll would be faster for me to do.
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

I won't hate ya MV! It might be best to make it the start of a new campaign. I know I wouldn't start over again - Reb1 was a pain and Reb2 was ten times worse in the basement. Arggh, stll haven't finished that hell-hole.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Good think I couldn't try it lately. :D
Be sure I won't hate you. You can even start over(runs to hide from JJ86) :lol:
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Yeah, I'm just gonna make RB4 into RV1. I've already figured out (and done) what I need to do to make it all make sense, so that's that.

Note to self: Plan better!
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Our Host!