Vehicle Idea

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Bahamut
The Unlucky SDF!
The Unlucky SDF!

Vehicle Idea

Post by Bahamut »

I keep hearing talk about how we can't make vehciles because we can't make sprites for them.. How about using a behemoth? In the end cutscenes, they were made to look like AT-ATs and could probably hold about 6 robots. I mean, everything is there for them, now we just need someone with knowledge to do it 0_o

Another idea by,
-Bahamut!
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Vehicles have 32 directions, most actors even the Behemoth only have 8 directions. That'll be a big problem right there, then there's the animation sequences. Actors use sequences headed 'standwalk', 'standrun' etc while vehicles the sequences are 'driving', 'reversing' etc. So if you gave a vehicle entity a behemoth sprite it would just sit there, oh it might move IIRC you can give a vehicle a container sprite and drive it, it just wouldn't animate. So the behemoth wouldn't appear to walk and it wouldn't turn properly.

Someone did hex edit one of the vehicle sprites to use as an actor, but the only sequence with a suitable header was reversing, IIRC they edited that to standwalk. The 'vehicle' would move foward and follow waypoints, but the wheels/tracks where going in reverse.
Bahamut wrote:and could probably hold about 6 robots
You must be joking, the behemoth isn't that big. Most of the internal space is probably taken up by the mechanism to 'walk' those legs. :crazy:
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Bahamut
The Unlucky SDF!
The Unlucky SDF!

Post by Bahamut »

You could Compactitize them robots! :pelvic_thrust:

Mhmm, I want to see that ending again, the end sequence with the behemoth's walking was pure kickass.
Our Host!