Custom Entity Questions...

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
ogreb
Respected
Respected

Custom Entity Questions...

Post by ogreb »

I'm making custom entities for my campaign ( I still haven't decided wiether to wrap it in with the BOS campaign or make it a stand alone campaign..)

Now..the questions..

Where are the portraits!? Do I still need to unzip a folder?

How come my custom entities don't show all hitpoints?
I made some Player 1 custom entities..leveled them up to 6...plugged them in, but when I start the mission they have only thier level one hitpoints and show up Severly Wounded etc
I tried messing around in the editor but all it does is add more hitpoints etc

STARFURY...dazzle me with your never ending wisdom!

This is all coming together...I should have a mission ready in a week or so and the campaign in 4 to 5 months( I have nothing but time!)

So I need to write down the display name of a Recruit and overwrite the display name of my custom entities.
And then edit the char. text for name and description...

So for entities being spoken to...should I just skip portraits or use a recruit( which is modified)?
I guess that's a personal choice...

So how about the hitpoints?

Thanks in advance..
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Portraits are in gui_0.bos and extract to core\gui\char if you are just going to use a few you can just rename the portrait to match your character, or you can add your own portraits. Just make a png 75x100 and convert it to a zar using FT Tools and place it in yourpath\gui\char.

If you're going to use a lot of the character portraits from the game then change the display name of your character in the entity and in the characters.txt to match the portrait. That way you don't need to include them when you pack the mod for distribution.

When you level using the entity editor it changes the character's maximum hitpoints but not their current hitpoints (but I guess you've already found that out :) ). To bring them up to full health scroll down to Current Attributes/Actor Status and change the number of hitpoints to match the total. After all this time I still forget to do this more often than not.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
ogreb
Respected
Respected

Post by ogreb »

You kind of lost me with your second paragraph ( were you talking about using already set names and descriptions?)

I am using BOS Campaign portraits..because I have enough to do just making the maps!(maybe later I'll dragout the digital camera and voice recording stuff...)

Wouldn't the easiest way be to just make a char text and generic text in my custom campaign folder and write my own?

I've kept careful lists of portraits( full path!) and corresponding player.

That's what I'm doing to speech....

Willow Creek ( the first map I'm releasing) has 60 some odd speech nodes...over three hundred+ lines of text.
Over 50 triggers...of course many are just lights..
...and alot of that text is terminal information ( security reports,lab results..etc.)
I'm just finishing the triggers..text...playtesting.
I have several other maps in various stages...

So just writing new charname and descpritions is not going to affect the game....it must not!.. because I've seen 2 Farsight portraits used during the campaign.

Man...! I wish the floor tiles were bigger...takes forever to line out roads etc..
Glad there's group and drag...
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

ogreb wrote:You kind of lost me with your second paragraph ( were you talking about using already set names and descriptions?)
No I was talking about changing the text inside the brackets and keeping the displayname/filename the same. Otherwise you'd need to include all your changed portraits with your maps and that can add up.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Our Host!