Tiles

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Chaos Horror
SDF!
SDF!

Tiles

Post by Chaos Horror »

Ok so we figure out how to put all the zip files in the folder we're using and all that..... (we're following the Editor FAQ on Duck and Cover now) They're talking about putting down tiles by load tile set button (.tse) but I don't see anything in all the tile folders that can be loaded. I even searched the folders for those types of files and didn't get any matches. I see in the example pic they got up on there that the tiles show up in the left menu thing, doesn't happen for me. What am I missing here? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

No, you need to make the tilesets and save them... Then fix them because the save (or load...) feature is bugged, and finally you can load them.
Chaos Horror
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Chaos Horror »

So to make em, do we change the .til files to .tse files? Is that what you mean by fixing them?
Red

Post by Red »

Um, no. Go in the editor, select the tile tab, you'll see a "save tilset" and "load tileset" button.

Shift-click a bunch of tiles (you'll see the number of tiles increase), click "Save tileset". Open the .tse file you saved, and add quotes to every line except the first one
Example wrote:SavedTileSetV1.0
"tiles/Generic tiles/Generic floors/Sand/Waste_Floor_Gravel_SandCentre_F_11_NE.til"
"tiles/Generic tiles/Generic floors/Sand/Waste_Floor_Gravel_SandCentre_F_11_NW.til"
"tiles/Generic tiles/Generic floors/Sand/Waste_Floor_Gravel_SandCentre_F_11_SE.til"
"tiles/Generic tiles/Generic floors/Sand/Waste_Floor_Gravel_SandCentre_F_11_SW.til"
"tiles/Generic tiles/Generic floors/Sand/Waste_Floor_Gravel_SandCentre_F_13_NE.til"
"tiles/Generic tiles/Generic floors/Sand/Waste_Floor_Gravel_SandCentre_F_13_NW.til"
"tiles/Generic tiles/Generic floors/Sand/Waste_Floor_Gravel_SandCentre_F_13_SE.til"
"tiles/Generic tiles/Generic floors/Sand/Waste_Floor_Gravel_SandCentre_F_13_SW.til"
"tiles/Generic tiles/Generic floors/Sand/Waste_Floor_Gravel_SandCentre_F_3_NE.til"
"tiles/Generic tiles/Generic floors/Sand/Waste_Floor_Gravel_SandCentre_F_3_NW.til"
"tiles/Generic tiles/Generic floors/Sand/Waste_Floor_Gravel_SandCentre_F_3_SE.til"
"tiles/Generic tiles/Generic floors/Sand/Waste_Floor_Gravel_SandCentre_F_3_SW.til"
Save it, and then finally you can load them within the editor (using the load tileset button fo course).
Chaos Horror
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Chaos Horror »

It doesn't show me any .til files when I try to see em in the editor, it shows the folders with nothing in em, should I save the tiles using windows explorer to do that?

Maybe I unzipped the files into to the wrong dir.... it was FalloutTactics/Test. Is there a different place you're supposed to put them?
Red

Post by Red »

the tiles are in the core directory... Of course you uncompressed the BOS file I take it.
Chaos Horror
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Chaos Horror »

Yeah. They still don't seem to show up.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Make sure you don't have "None" checked/ticked/marked/peed on/whatever

In the left-hand window (where the tiles should show up), you'll see a row looking something like this:

All N S W E None

This controls which tiles are displayed. Just click "All" and you should see 'em.

If not, then I'm stumped. Double-check to make sure you've extracted the tiles_0.bos file correctly, I guess...
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Red

Post by Red »

The tiles don't who up, or the tilesets?
Chaos Horror
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Chaos Horror »

The tiles dont, and neither do the tilesets coz I guess I can't make/save any. I unzipped the BOS files into the folder I made that I wanted to use to make stuff. I dunno, somethins f-ed up.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Chaos Horror wrote:I unzipped the BOS files into the folder I made that I wanted to use to make stuff.
Yes, you unpacked the tiles to the wrong directory, most likely. Your directory should look like this:

C:\Program Files\14 Degrees East\Fallout Tactics\core\tiles

The "tiles" folder should contain the following folders:
  • BOS
  • Generic Tiles
  • Industrial
  • Junk City
  • Mission Specific
  • Mountains
  • New Tiles
  • PostWar Town
  • RAIDERS
  • Robotic
  • Ruined City
  • Test
  • Vault
  • Village
  • Wasteland
If there is an extra leve between those folders and the address that I listed, you unpacked your tiles incorrectly. If this is the case, the only option is to delete all of those subdirectories containing the tile files, and re-unzip them.

No, you can't simply modify some other file to get the tiles to display, because if you do that any maps you make will be unplayable by anyone else.

Also, make sure that you have the files "Tiles.txt" and that it is located at C:\Program Files\14 Degrees East\Fallout Tactics\core\tiles .

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Red

Post by Red »

Well, given you'd know what you were doing, you could simply move the tile directory back into the core directory, but judging by the fact he seems not to know where he extractted the tiles, I think it's safer to re-unextract them :P
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

:lol: Any operation involving almost 16,000 files is going to be messy, no matter what you're doing.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Chaos Horror
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Chaos Horror »

Thanks guys, it works now. The problem I had was when I unzipped the files it was automatically put into a folder called tile_0 or something, well, I just got rid of that moving the subfolders out into the core directory. Thanks for the help.
Our Host!