Louisiana and Katrina: Post-apocalyptic?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Damn CNN sucks balls. Wish I had Fox.

Wish I was here, too. But I wished it even before the hurricane. I mean, stuff like this is like eclipse. A bit of food, head protection and I'd be camping out on some roof looking at city being devastated :drunk:
Serious Business.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

U gotta be armed and used to use firearms in various situations to make it a safe holiday in other peoples misery. Also situation awareness and basic tactics will help you get that priceless vacation. Don't forget the drugs and camera/recordable digital media.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

What's stopping you?
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

ApTyp wrote:What's stopping you?
Lesbian anime avatars.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

poor transportation connections. Also too busy popping pills and mixing them w alchohol. :dizzy: Also watching Barbarella and the the machinist seems to win the evenings schedule.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

There's gonna be some serious race riot bullshit in the coming weeks. All the "refugees" are thousands and thousands of bottom lower class black people with nowhere to go. They just need a single rumor of racial mistreatment and they'll explode.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Jessie Jackson is already flinging out the word "Racism."
Antimeasure
Strider
Strider

Post by Antimeasure »

i find it funny that they send troops that the day before was in iraq. shoot to kill and all that mumbo jambo. sending marines into new orleans will sort things out, id figure them gangmembers stop fighting the very moment they have a armored humvee infront of em'... if not, those soldiers will have quite a turkeyshoot.

and for all of that looting, one shot in both kneecaps. -fucking congoid running around with 40 ipods. send in a few warbirds, pop their heads from miles away.
I like my women as i like my whiskey. Twelve years old and mixed up with coke.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Mad Max RW wrote:There's gonna be some serious race riot bullshit in the coming weeks. All the "refugees" are thousands and thousands of bottom lower class black people with nowhere to go. They just need a single rumor of racial mistreatment and they'll explode.
There's already rumors going on about how SWAT showed up just in time to protect rich neighborhoods from a wave of lootings, while no assistance was given to other areas.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

I hope someone kept the receipt from the Louisiana Purchase. :drunk:

If they had used a Discover card, this shit would all be covered.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
Geno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Geno »

Cimmerian Nights wrote:I hope someone kept the receipt from the Louisiana Purchase. :drunk:

If they had used a Discover card, this shit would all be covered.
Hehe. Good one. It WOULD be the perfect place place to hone post-apocalyptic skills since what's happening there is true and not a movie. Only a few days and shit is all over the place, this is fucked up. I heard they stopped evacuation for law enforcement...

I just wonder what will happen next...

(Good job on ignoring the spam and continuing the thread, as stupid as it may seen to some :clap:!)
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/02/katrin ... index.html

The mayor of New Orleans bitch slaps the feds.

People around the world and the rest of the country probably don't realize how big a city this is. usually we're dealing with a small town or trailer park or something. In this case you have so much land and buildings to cover, most of which is under water. Plus all the street signs and landmarks are gone, so it's fucking impossible to navigate. So when these people trapped call in for help and say "we're at the corner of whatever street" nobody will ever find them.

Also, all security leaves at sunset and the city is on lockdown. The few roads out heavily guarded, and they turn people back. The shit we see on tv during the day is nothing compared to night. It's pitch black, lots of gun fire, explosions, screaming, etc. I try to imagine this in my own city, which is comparable in size to New Orleans, and it's just mindblowing.
Last edited by Mad Max RW on Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

ApTyp wrote:
Mad Max RW wrote:There's gonna be some serious race riot bullshit in the coming weeks. All the "refugees" are thousands and thousands of bottom lower class black people with nowhere to go. They just need a single rumor of racial mistreatment and they'll explode.
There's already rumors going on about how SWAT showed up just in time to protect rich neighborhoods from a wave of lootings, while no assistance was given to other areas.
Thats probably the best place to put them. It might be stereotyping but thats probably the one of "hot spots" looters would go to. Just imagine if there is still rich folks there too, wonder how long they would last.

Plus its probably not a wise idea to send a swat group in the middle of a mosh pit, it would be all black hawk down.

Megatron is right, if you guys are serious about wanting to be in chaos like that then the army could help you. BUT its always fun to imagine what it would be like to be an action star.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

I somehow doubt the poor folks in New Orleans are enjoying their chance to be Rambo. This whole thing is completely horrific, if only because it seems society breaks down as soon as the threat of law is gone. I can't imagine how much money and time the reconstruction will take.

DEDICATED TO THE GALLANT PEOPLE OF LOUISIANA
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:
ApTyp wrote:
Thats probably the best place to put them. It might be stereotyping but thats probably the one of "hot spots" looters would go to. Just imagine if there is still rich folks there too, wonder how long they would last.

Plus its probably not a wise idea to send a swat group in the middle of a mosh pit, it would be all black hawk down.

Megatron is right, if you guys are serious about wanting to be in chaos like that then the army could help you. BUT its always fun to imagine what it would be like to be an action star.
Ok, so you put the SWAT in areas where you know the thugs will GO...
more efficient than random patrols. Makes sense.
Why not put them where the thugs are known to BE? Yes, drop into a mosh pit. Tape the hostile response. People have to be excused for behaving crazily in a desperate situation. Child raping gangbangers cannot be allowed to wrap themselves in the flag of victim status.
There is a difference.
People can die in a week without water. They can go for MUCH longer w/o food. They just think they're starving. Of course, they don't know this. They just know how they feel. Don't be fooled by the obese appearance of many of the poor congoids and white trash : that is just the product of pasta, fat, sugar - and lots of it. They didn't get fat on good nutrition.
I wonder if they are going through something like a drug withdrawal without the chem-heavy diet they are accustomed to. Still, they can probably last longer than they think if they can only get access to clean water and some vitamins and minerals to keep their electrolytes balanced.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Why haven't they started doing anything though? It seems a little silly that it's day 5 or whatever, that an American city full of thousands of people isn't getting proper aid or anything.

:shucks:

But yeah, they should send in blackhawks full of marines to just kill everybody whose looting, for reals. headshot lol!
:chew:
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

Maybe they should drop the bomb there to vaporize all the water. Then rebuild in about 150 years.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

This would make for a good disaster flick. D:
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Nicolai wrote:This would make for a good disaster flick. D:
There'll prolly be one... House of the rising flood or summit.

Bloody interesting that they didnt have aid on standby since they knew the big swirly thingie was on its way.
And, its fascinating that civilization can be so fragile, it only takes a few days of chaos before its every man for himself.

edit: happy 1k :chew:
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

Yes, but this is Louisiana, the poorest state, and stuck in the 19th century to begin with.

And seriously, when you start relying on the US govt for help, you're fucked to begin with.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
Our Host!