Fallout mentioned in Washington Post

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Fallout mentioned in Washington Post

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Company -> Article ]</strong> - More info on <a href="http://wikipocalypse.duckandcover.cx/in ... e=Bethesda Softworks">Company: Bethesda Softworks</a> | More info on <a href="http://wikipocalypse.duckandcover.cx/in ... le=Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a>

The <a target="_self" href="http://www.washingtonpost.com">Washington Post</a> recently wrote up a rather nice article on <a target="_self" href="http://www.bethsoft.com">Bethesda</a>. They give a little history of the company, and even mention the development of <em>Fallout</em>! There's nothing more than a quick mention, but it's still a nice article. Check it out <a target="_self" href="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... l">here</a>.
<p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPG Dot</a></p>
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

I couldn't even find a word "Fallout", you fucking jew!
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Washington Post wrote:the gamemakers' offices are in a basement in Rockville that is as dark as a dungeon
Every time we try to turn the lights up, they say, 'Turn 'em down!'
The offices "down there" are a cross between a typical corporate cubicle farm and a game-geek playground. Action figures, comic books and video games are on the shelves.
Great. Fallout 3 is being developed by some asocial pimple-faced dice rollin' geeks.
Geno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Geno »

ApTyp wrote:I couldn't even find a word "Fallout", you fucking jew!
There's a second page you :censored:! :giggle:
Article wrote:In development is a sequel to a popular role-playing game called "Fallout," to which Bethesda recently acquired the rights. The company also has action games in the works for Disney's next "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie.
It's better than nothing... I just hope they Fallout 3 right or I think some fans are going to angray! :chainsaw:
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

VasikkA wrote:Great. Fallout 3 is being developed by some asocial pimple-faced dice rollin' geeks.
Well, it's an RPG being made by a company focused on RPGs... were you expecting hang gliding Navy SEALs? And if you've never had the joy of dice rollin' geekdom, that's your own cross to bear.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Crap Artist
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Crap Artist »

VasikkA wrote:Great. Fallout 3 is being developed by some asocial pimple-faced dice rollin' geeks.
So Fallout and Fallout 2 weren't developed by asocial pimple-faced dice rollin' geeks :rolleyes: I'm sure that most RPG devs are nothing but dice rollin' geeks.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

The actual quality of FO/FO2 proves that the programmers MUST are among the coolest
persons on earth. Not only the gameplay but
the way you can torch mutants with a flamethrower
just underlines the brilliance of those superior
beings. It is heresy to think of nerds and FO/FO2
at the same time.

-ende
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

And you're not a nerd? You're posting on a forum for an eight year old game. That's pretty goddamn nerdy. Geek phobia is complete BS in any case, but it's especially BS coming from people who are on the internet.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

BLASPHEMY!

Speaking of old games on the net may be geeky. Fine.
Being on the net. Okay.

But being on the net and discussing the finer elements
of postapo-rpg. I fail to see the connection to geekness.
You heretic. May the fire purge your wicked soul.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Meticulously pressing ENTER after every line you type seems pretty geeky to me, as is writing "BLASPHEMY!" for any reason.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Spazmo wrote:Geek phobia is complete BS in any case, but it's especially BS coming from people who are on the internet.
Originally it was thought that being able to simply BE on the Internet was a sign of a smart, mature person.

So fuck you. Today, only poor people don't have Internet.

Also, I still can't find the word "Fallout".
Geno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Geno »

Argue elsewhere about geekiness please.
ApTyp wrote:Also, I still can't find the word "Fallout".
Look at the second page. Not much like I said...

Is it me or Fallout news have been getting rarer and rarer? :? I've seen a comment on a french Fallout fansite that news HAVE been getting rarer in the Fallout community, mentionning DaC. At least, there's still post-apocalyptic news!
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

For some reason when I tried that at home, I couldn't find "Fallout" on the second page either. Quite strange indeed! D;

Besides, if there are no real news, who says you can't manufacture them? Hmm...
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Geno wrote:Is it me or Fallout news have been getting rarer and rarer? :? I've seen a comment on a french Fallout fansite that news HAVE been getting rarer in the Fallout community, mentionning DaC. At least, there's still post-apocalyptic news!
Well, its not like we have any new material to report on. It'll be some time still before we have some solid news on Fallout 3.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

There has definitively been more post-apoc games and mods under development recently than, say, before Fallout. It's just too bad that they tend to suck or never get released. Still, post-apoc doesn't seem to be a popular theme among major game developers and publishers. Fallout 3 is years away, assuming it will get finished this time. Meanwhile, I'd rather read news about nukes and robots and stuff.
Spazmo wrote:Well, it's an RPG being made by a company focused on RPGs... were you expecting hang gliding Navy SEALs? And if you've never had the joy of dice rollin' geekdom, that's your own cross to bear.
You don't have to play LARPs or watch StarGate to enjoy RPGs. Leave that to the BioWare fans.
ApTyp wrote:I couldn't even find a word "Fallout", you fucking jew!
Second page fifth paragraph, dumbass. D;
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

The answer lies in 0 words: ctrl+f
I miss the good ol' USSA.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Okay. I found out what was wrong. My auto-search is broken.
A_M
Respected
Respected

Post by A_M »

YaY! F3 is in production ! :drunk: But witch time is it made,second, third ?;p Gonna wait for more info though.
Our Host!