Popcorn and headache

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Antimeasure
Strider
Strider

Popcorn and headache

Post by Antimeasure »

Hello fellow fuckfaces.

I sincerly hope that your summer is like an vacation in hell.

myself i am having a little problem that prevents me from sleeping, and you will help me -you worthless piece of spamming shit.

The problem goes; my pc has quit showing movies for me, i have in my hand a nice little cd containing a splendid movie, and i want to watch it.
however, the pc does not, the only thing my pc is showing me is the Cpu at 100%, making it all lag as never before.

Suspicius as i am i formated the harddrive last night, and all that could be wrong was eliminated, and today i installed all drivers and such wich would help me watch the movie in question. but again the cheap piece of shit halted when i doubleclicked on the movie. it still lags, i do not know what the problem is.

So spread your ugly hands over the keyboard and reply quicker than ever.

/ Antimeasure on vacation in Siberia
I like my women as i like my whiskey. Twelve years old and mixed up with coke.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Fuck you, and the horse you rode in on.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Perhaps your movie file is corrupt.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Antimeasure
Strider
Strider

Post by Antimeasure »

King of Creation wrote:Perhaps your movie file is corrupt.
it is not, whenever i open or even select a movie my pc lags.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Your computer might be trying to show a "Thumbnail" of the movie in your browser...That causes a shit-ton of lag and can lock up your PC...Especially if there are a few large movie files in one directory.

You also may not have the codec installed to view the video, and the computer may be searching for said codec.

Also..If you have a slower CD-ROM/ DVD-ROM drive, your computer may be trying to "Auto-Play" the disc while you're already browsing around on it...Once again, causing lag. Or, if you have a number of videos or other media on the same disc, that could cause lag.

Advice: Copy to PC. Check codec with GSpot. Download necessary codecs. Play from PC.

Fucker.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Re: Popcorn and headache

Post by Blargh »

Antimeasure wrote:/ Antimeasure on vacation in Siberia
That so ? Then I forgive you. Alas (ehue !), this does nothing to change the simple truth that you are a miserable cunt.

Fondly,
Blargh

:drunk:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

You probably dont have the codec like ryno said, combined with a crappy computer to make it punch your cpu in the nuts.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Exactly. Nice av, by the way, Ryno. ;)
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Antimeasure
Strider
Strider

Re: Popcorn and headache

Post by Antimeasure »

i have the codecs, the movie is on my desktop. iwe tryed to watch it from winamp, mediaplayer classic, divx player - nothing work.

i have watched lots of movies on this pc before this happened. now i can't watch any, and i formated the whole fucking drive.

Blargh wrote:
Antimeasure wrote:/ Antimeasure on vacation in Siberia
That so ? Then I forgive you. Alas (ehue !), this does nothing to change the simple truth that you are a miserable cunt.

Fondly,
Blargh

:drunk:
Oh, poor blarfg.
Sitting by his only friend, the pc - or what else have you done this summer? i bet you have answered every post and thread on dac since last may.

furthermore, have you even been in siberia in the summer? imagine a summer with perfect clear weather with warm but mild breezes, and a huntingrifle for the local wildlife. But i guess sitting by the desktop all day beats all that, doesnt it, blargf?
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Antimeasure you bleak piece of shit.

I hope your pc fries your gaddamn disc, your drives, monitor and whatever the hell else you plug into your sperm splattered case.

As for advice, have you tried the obvious, "Does it work on anything else but my 486 buttfuck machine?"
Testicular Pugilist
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

It could be that your graphics card / drivers was fucked(?) I'm kinda running out of ideas at this point, though. ExtremeRyno's post was the most enlightening so far...
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Do you hear audio from the file?
Do you get any error messages?

If yes to 1 - Your video card may be playing to a secondary monitor (Even if one is not connected). When I used my laptops to connect to the TV, sometimes I would forget to set the video card to play to the monitor rather than the TV. Could be that somehow (possibly a cable connected to the card) the card decided to send video to a second receiver.

If yes to 2 - Post said error messages.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Maybe you don't have a DVD D;
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Maybe we're all just a part of the dream of some giant space beetle in another dimension, and nothing is as it seems! Maybe.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Maybe that's not weed you're sucking now.
Antimeasure
Strider
Strider

Post by Antimeasure »

ExtremeRyno wrote:Do you hear audio from the file?
Do you get any error messages?

If yes to 1 - Your video card may be playing to a secondary monitor (Even if one is not connected). When I used my laptops to connect to the TV, sometimes I would forget to set the video card to play to the monitor rather than the TV. Could be that somehow (possibly a cable connected to the card) the card decided to send video to a second receiver.

If yes to 2 - Post said error messages.
i hear the sound, but only the first seconds, then it stops. There is no errormessages shown and have not connected my pc to any tv.

What codex can be missing? i downloaded ffdshow and ac3filter - nothing works.

im going to try downloading a different geforce driver, altough i downloaded the newest...
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Download the program GSpot. It tells you what codecs the video files need to run. Or you can just go and download a huge codec pack like the Defilerpak
Antimeasure
Strider
Strider

Post by Antimeasure »

i downloaded the defilerpak and gspot, gspot says that i have all codecs neccesary.
Antimeasure
Strider
Strider

Post by Antimeasure »

ah, i downloaded the latest beta patch for my geforce 6600gt, and it worked. however, when i start the movie with divx-player it shows a epileptic nightmare of green and pink. but atleast it works in mediaplayer.

So long fuckers.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Ganja tea or just green tea?
Our Host!