Charecter images, faces...

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Booz3
SDF!
SDF!

Charecter images, faces...

Post by Booz3 »

How can I turn a simple face image or whatever to a working charecter portrait in FOT ??? What size the picture has to be what form has the picture to be saved ??? Anyone please !
quote:I should have rigged myself somebody with a spine... Didn't know you were gonna go belly up on me at last fucking gasp !
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Okay, here's what you need to do:
  1. Have a JPG or GIF image handy. This should be sized to 100 x 75 pixels (height x width).
  2. Using whatever imaging software you have, convert the image to 256 shade grey scale. (IIRC, JJ86 mentioned something about using actual color images once. Perhaps he can give you some input here.)
  3. Convert the image to PNG format.
  4. Use the FoT Editor's "Convert PNG to ZAR".
  5. Make sure that the ZAR file is has the identical name that is entered in the entity's Display Name field. For instance, if your recruit has "rec_hf01" entered in the Display Name field, you will need to have the ZAR file named "rec_hf01.zar".
  6. The ZAR file will need to be at the following address: C:\Program Files\14 Degrees East\Fallout Tactics\core\gui\char
Some caveats/additional instructions:
  • If you are using a custom directory, substitute whatever you named that directory for "core" in the above address.
  • If you want to make a large portrait for a prefab, the dimensions are 300 x 300. The large file must be stored in the following address: C:\Program Files\14 Degrees East\Fallout Tactics\core\gui\char\big It must also have the same name as what is listed in the Display Name field of the entity file.
  • If you want the portrait to display as a choice for MP game characters or the character generated by the player at the beginning of a campaign you will need to go to the following address: C:\Program Files\14 Degrees East\Fallout Tactics\core\tables . There you will find several TXT files. Add the file name of the portrait you want to add in the appropriate file, e.g. in "male.txt" is it is a human male, in "robot.txt" if the portrait is for a robot.
That should do ya.

Cheers,

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Booz3
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Booz3 »

THANK YOU !!!
quote:I should have rigged myself somebody with a spine... Didn't know you were gonna go belly up on me at last fucking gasp !
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

The PNG->ZAR converter should take care of the of the downsampling/direthering of the image by itself. Although you might not want that as it probably won't do as nice of a job as doing it in photohop for example...
Our Host!