bug-annoying...

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Sc0pE
Respected
Respected

bug-annoying...

Post by Sc0pE »

i have just found this rather annoying thing...
i have all the holodisks from the military base

-but-

when i go to get into no. 2 it always goes into another one!! :?
no matter what i do it always does this, and i don't know why...
thus, i can not read holodisk no. 2 from military base...

i know what the disk says, but i'm just wondering if anyone else has had the problem??
hi-mag optical telescopic sights and 12.7mm fin tipped DU SLAP rounds... what more can you ask for... - go the eye critical!......... I quote the innocent villager
"BLLLLAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHH"
*drools*
Richy
Regular
Regular

Post by Richy »

me too. yup, that bug is full of shit- it's all like.....

<and the agency behind the assasination of John f. Kennedy was....>

"WHAT THE FUCK????!!!! SHITTY LITTLE ARSE OF A GOD DAMN BUG! WHY NOW?" and then you pull a .50 on your head, and are at peace....

or something
Respected
Respected

Post by Sc0pE »

yes, something like that....
hi-mag optical telescopic sights and 12.7mm fin tipped DU SLAP rounds... what more can you ask for... - go the eye critical!......... I quote the innocent villager
*drools*
DJ Slamák
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by DJ Slamák »

Got Patch?
Beef
Respected
Respected

Re: bug-annoying...

Post by Beef »

That disc is just an last-minute excuse by the coders to include more of a plot to fallout. The fact that it was last minute kinda implies that it was a bit buggy. I couldn't use holodiscs in general, I had to find out what they all said from the internet. (This was in the days of paying-per-minute internet connections, lol! :D I really didn't want to waste all my money on reading all that bollocks).
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Um dude, if you had trouble readin holodisks, you're hardly well placed to sya that they're buggy :P
Beef
Respected
Respected

Post by Beef »

Red wrote:Um dude, if you had trouble readin holodisks, you're hardly well placed to sya that they're buggy :P
I guess I just never understood how to do it, I never said they all were buggy... Just the one that says about what happened before fallout. It seems both my cousins had problems reading that one too.
Red

Post by Red »

I checked the script, and there's acsolutely nothing wrong with it...

I checked the patch and it doens't include new scripts, nor does it change the MB map, so that couldn't ne it either... And finally I've never had problems with it...

Now taking it a level further, I checked the relation between the Holodisks and the text contained and the trigger which enables them, and everything is right... (data/holodisk.txt in relation with data/vault13.gam along with text/game/pipboy.msg, and the patch doesn't update any of those files (except vault13.gam, but that's irrelevant).

So well, if you can reproduce it send over a savegame: red@duckandcover.net.
Sc0pE
Respected
Respected

Post by Sc0pE »

yes, i still have the game, i will get it and send it to you some time in the near future....
*drools*
Our Host!