Fallout 3 small details

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Someguy353
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Fallout 3 small details

Post by Someguy353 »

I'm compiling ideas for small things that may effect the play experience of the game Fallout 3. It always the small details make up the big things.

Here shows firing weapon in a sandy area picking up some dust
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I'm more worried about how combat plays and how the dialogue is going to be. Plasma bolts disrupting sand really have no bearing on how the game functions, other than adding needless computation cycles.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

BUT IT WUD B KEWL !!1111

*FSEWWW*

*FSSSSSAH*

:drunk:
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Retlaw83 wrote:I'm more worried about how combat plays and how the dialogue is going to be. Plasma bolts disrupting sand really have no bearing on how the game functions, other than adding needless computation cycles.
Which is why the title of this topic is Small Details. I rather like your idea Someguy. It would be an interesting visual.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Someguy353
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Someguy353 »

I think is all small details is consider when making a game it will make the game last much longer. This is also the reason why Fallout 2 is still very much alive ^_^

Other small details:

Dusk should form during a heavy gun fight, which should also give you less chance of hitting anyone, it should also provide cover for you.

you should able to see where the bullet hit, e.g. if it hit metal it should have a impact sound and effect of contact

when cars across ditchs of water or mud, you should the car tilt to the ditch and the water or mud splash.

More when I can think about it ^_^
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

It reminds me of anime stuff.
Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

"Everyone's a girl when they're face down."
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

How about a percentage of the npc's praying for their life, when they reach a certain ammount of hp during combat.
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

go to hell shithead

Physics should only be used if they are gonna be a consistant part of gameplay and not just some stupid gravity gun or puzzle or just graphical effects.

Stuff like being able to shoot weapons out of peoples hands and stuff. Different ways to take down an enemy using everyday physics and not some special scenario.
Someguy353
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Someguy353 »

St. Toxic wrote:How about a percentage of the npc's praying for their life, when they reach a certain ammount of hp during combat.
LOL that would be really funny!!! :hahano:

May be depending on how religious that area is, they will scream different things. XD
LlamaGod wrote:go to hell shithead

Physics should only be used if they are gonna be a consistant part of gameplay and not just some stupid gravity gun or puzzle or just graphical effects.

Stuff like being able to shoot weapons out of peoples hands and stuff. Different ways to take down an enemy using everyday physics and not some special scenario.
Play nice!!! No one mentioned physics. Most of my ideas is just small things that will have an impact to the feeling of the game.

More ideas:

Rockets should be able to blow object away, the means you have to keep moving to get cover. For example if a barrel is blow across the map, you may need to wal there to get cover.

You should able to shoot though windows

If you shoot a rocket next to someone, the should not be able to hear anything. If you cruch with sneak skill on, you can exit combat and sneak for a better place to shoot them done.

shooting a barrel should leave the gound burning, who ever cross it will burn!!!!!
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Getting shot in the liver should make the pc hurt when drinking booze.
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

If someone does a burst fire behind you, you should shit yourself and the PC should get a penalty to APs and walk funny until they can get to a place to clean up.

satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

I don't see why firing a gun would disturb dust on the ground. I could see dust kicking up from movement, but that is a very small detail. And while I appreciate small details in games, I think development could be better spent on other details, like the use of skills, perks, creatures, etc.
Someguy353
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Someguy353 »

ture.... but it's the small things that makes the replay value greater. It's also the small things that make player want to be more aware of the game world they are in.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

shooting a barrel should leave the gound burning, who ever cross it will burn!!!!!
with the abundant resources of the fallout universe I can see no strange thing whatsoever in having barrels with explosive materials standing around unused.
"hay look Cletus, a barrel of oil! its not like resource shortage started a war or anything, so it being here makes sense. lets blow it up!"
twat.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Maybe the water is so polluted that it explodes? :drunk:
Someguy353
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Someguy353 »

I love to see drug make the world funny... everyone is happy XD
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

I think you've been testing it out.

St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

I happy xD thank drug
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

i like drugs who doesn't xD xO xP <_< :drug: :drugged:
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Our Host!