A MORAL ISSUE

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I would of just told the bus driver that someone forgot their buttload of cash when I found it rather then get all paranoid about it. Or if i had suspicion that hte bus driver would take it for himself I would take it to the police, eitherway the right person would probably never get it back but I would feel like I did the right thing.

If its the Bus driver money then it would be all the easier just to give it back to him. After stealing it though that would be fucking tuff to take it out of your jacket to give it to him so u look like a "WASGUNNA BE THIEF"
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

I would probably be too paranoid to take the bag. But after a
bit of furtive glacing about, suppose I would have pocketed
a handful.
Then I would have gone out and bought a 40 of malt liquor
to celebrate Black History Month.
Dexter
Regular
Regular

Post by Dexter »

Love the AV, poop.
vendetta
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by vendetta »

How could he just take the money without anyone noticing? Was there anyone on the bus?

I think I would just grab as much money as I could and stick it into my coat to make things look as if nothing was changed.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

johnnygothisgun wrote:Syria, Uganda, and Jordan. Duh.
I meant anywhere that matters.
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

An interesting turn of events - even though he took the money, his conscience is bugging him. I told him that if it realy bothers him, he should turn in the cash, or give it to me, and I'LL DO IT. So he told me to fuck off, and we went to have a smoke.

So the next question is, suppose you took it, do you think it would bother you later on? And, if it will, do you think it would be due to fear of getting caught somehow, or because of honest to god morality?
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

It wouldn't bother me at all, because at any moment I remembered the incident, I would be far too busy laughing, or at least smirking quietly. Oh yes. :drunk:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Without a doubt, I would take it and keep it. If it was actually someone's, I'd give it back, but it's just the transit company's, so Fuck That Noise! I don't think that morality even enters the equation, and there is zero chance of getting caught unless someone you know turns you in (in which case you suck horribly).
the guardian wrote:So he told me to fuck off, and we went to have a smoke.
I thought you were giving that up?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Atleast now he knows he has a good heart, guardian. So he can keep the money and not feel bad about it anymore.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

S4ur0n27 wrote:
johnnygothisgun wrote:Syria, Uganda, and Jordan. Duh.
I meant anywhere that matters.

With His Excellency President for Life Field Marshall Al Hadj Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular, deposed from power, Uganda never had a chance! Never!

He was also the self declared King of Scotland.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

the guardian wrote:An interesting turn of events - even though he took the money, his conscience is bugging him. I told him that if it realy bothers him, he should turn in the cash, or give it to me, and I'LL DO IT. So he told me to fuck off, and we went to have a smoke.

So the next question is, suppose you took it, do you think it would bother you later on? And, if it will, do you think it would be due to fear of getting caught somehow, or because of honest to god morality?
I'd probably feel guilty. But I wouldn't return it, my shame would shadow over my guilt.

Sometimes good morale doesn't cut it, because if someone took my money (being stupid enough to leave it around, like the idiot driver), then I wouldn't expect to get it back myself.

I'd propose a toast for him though. :drunk:
Testicular Pugilist
Someguy353
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Someguy353 »

I'm not sure.... last time I saw a toally of baged shopping goods right in front of my, I went up and took a bag of chocolates and left everything with the wallet there untouched... I would not even take that money when it's there...
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

I once lost 80 bucks that i though i had safely tucked away in the abyss of my pants pocket. Unfortunately it was flaunting in the wind as i was riding my bike causing it to be gradually drawn towards freedom. When i noticed it was no longer there i went back and thoroughly scanned the roads i had earlier traversed in hope of retrieving it.....to no avail.

Most likely, some blingbling nigga or crackho found it and wasted it on imprudent expenditure.
Sometimes an atomic weapon is just an atomic weapon, ja?
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

Or maybe he just spent it on shit.
Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

"Everyone's a girl when they're face down."
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

I didn't know buses carried bags with money... Guess I need to stop walking to get to places.

Anyway, TG, if I were your... uh, friend, I would have probably soaked the money in poison and then give it back.
I wouldn't do that, but your friend probably would do it.

Anyway, if all the people in the earth are dead, money has no value. Think of the long term always.
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

Jesus shit. The money was taken from the bus' counter and then put in a bag owned by the person who committed the theft. Hence it's of no use to convey the money from the bag into some other means of transportation/containment as proposed by MFG. If the bag constitutes specifically for the purpose of carrying the money, the bag without the money is of no weight other then that of the bag itself, wich is near to nothing.

Anyway, whatchamacallit, + it would take a mentally decayed person to spend money on shit, you fucking proletarian.
Sometimes an atomic weapon is just an atomic weapon, ja?
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

Many gardeners do it every year.
Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

"Everyone's a girl when they're face down."
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

atoga wrote: I thought you were giving that up?
Did I say a smoke? I meant beer! Yeah, love that alcoholic taste, mmm mmm.
Dan wrote: Anyway, TG, if I were your... uh, friend
I know what you're implying, and no, it didn't happen to me.
Hello New Jersey
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

Nicolai wrote:Wait a second, there's tons of video cams in our busses, so it'd be hard to get away with something like that here. And I've got a bus card, so they (the bus company) could identify me by looking up my info in their databases (after having seen me steal the chit on the surveillance tape)... :aiee:
Yes, but this is Israel we are talking about. There they encourage you to steal it, also if you see a goy, your mother or any other relative (close/distant does not matter) going at it - stab him/her in the back.
After, receive an award from the city council for being a good talmud/law-abiding jew.
Dexter wrote:Jews and their opinions don't count on the internet. I think it's part of the Geneva Convention or something.
Well, it should be at least.
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

I would probably decide not to fuck over this poor bus driver and leave the money there? They'd probably take it out of his salary or something. And besides, stealing from public or government run corporations (like public transportation is here) is pretty fucking stupid since you're paying to keep that service running with your taxes so its in your best interest that it makes the most money, since public transportation already usually operates at a loss.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Our Host!