From Hell

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

What's your take on the film?

It rocked the house. Go Jack! Kill them whores!
15%
It sucked. Johnny Depp bugs the hell out of me.
8%
Meh. It was okay.
23%
I haven't seen it...
15%
...nor do I care to.
38%

Total votes: 13

Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet

From Hell

Post by Subhuman »

I rented the DVD last night, and it was pretty good. It wasn't amazing (certainly not the masterpiece that Entertainment Weekly made it out to be), but it was good. What did you think of the movie?
Jimbo san
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Jimbo san »

:) Now that was a good film. I got to watch it at our uni cinema, and it was cool. Not to mention that my friend screamed like a little bitch at one point and now i can take the piss out of him. :lol: It wasn't very scary tho'.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Naw, it wasn't, really. It's probably better in the theater, anyway. Atmosphere and such. I turned the lights out in my living room, but it didn't help much.

I thought it had some good qualities, but the emotional core of the film was sorta hollow. There wasn't much at the center--just some derivative romance between the two leads. Great photography though--my God, those colors!
Jack_Deth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Jack_Deth »

I have to agree that it was a pretty good movie. I hate Johnny Depp but my friends made me go see it back when it was in theatre and I enjoyed it a lot.
Bread
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Bread »

I didn't really like the movie. It was like they threw every theory and myth about Jack the Ripper together, added a psychic detective, and called it good.

I did like the choice in titles though. It really fit with the lore of Jack. As the story goes, half of a kidney arrived at the police station signed "From Hell" with a small letter explaining how Jack took it from one of his victims and ate half of it. One of his few tauntings.

Later,

Bread
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Yeah, I like the title, too. Kinda weird, but in a cool way.
Our Host!