Fallout L.A.R.P.

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Fallout L.A.R.P.

Post by ApTyp »

Holy mother of God, it's FALLOUT L.A.R.P. !!! Run for the hills!

In case you lived under a rock all your life, L.A.R.P. stands for live-action role-playing, which is when a bunch of dorks dress up in shitty costumes and play pretend.

The website is registered to " Ceska neuropsychofarmakologicka" based in Mukarov (apparently some kind of city in Czech Republic or whatever the commies call it called these days). That shouldn't come to be a surprise to anyone, because Eastern Europeans really dig their Fallout.

If you don't understand Czech and are completely lost, here's the links to photos and movies.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Someone tell Kamaz.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Someone fix frontpage.
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

Kamaz is probably already beating off to this now.
Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

"Everyone's a girl when they're face down."
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Wow. What happened to the human dignity? I mean, okay, larp in your garden but DON'T POST PIC OF IT ON THE INTERNET.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Those pictures are brilliant.
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

Mr. Teatime wrote:Those pictures are brilliant.
I agree.
ApTyp wrote:In case you lived under a rock all your life, L.A.R.P. stands for live-action role-playing, which is when a bunch of dorks dress up in shitty costumes and play pretend.
It is actually people who "live under rocks" that start playing "LARP"...
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
Frowning
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Frowning »

Are they all having a big laugh and feeling a little self concious doing this, or really pretending their radioactive pants are bumping up their AC and counting movement points?
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

There's rarely an actual intricate rules system in LARPing. Mostly it's Cowboys and Indians but with more pretention. "I shot you!" "No I shot you first!" "You're dead!" "No you are!" Difficult arguments are resolved by rock paper scissors.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

You sound like you speak from intimate experience, Spazmo. Bitter memories of a LARP gone wrong?
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

My brother was a vampire LARPer. We thought he was just a loser, but then I found a wooden stake in his bag and some white facecream! One intervention and a term at Bible Camp later, he was back on the path to moral decency.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

. . . and that's how The West was won ! :drunk:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Kamaz
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Kamaz »

SHU|T UP OMFG SHUT UP BITXCHESD YOU DONT UNDERSTAND ANYTINNG!!! ITS FREAKING ART YOU KNOW! BITCHES! OIMGF!

But seriously, I have drawn a distinctive line between any other LARPs and my produced ones. No need to point me some furry links un weirdos, again, its like bringing up a FOBOS as a fine example every time when speaking of Fallout. Those are different things in cRPG world, those are different things in LARP world.

Postapocalyptic LARP S.U.X is completely different thing.
*the
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Akimbo cattle prods?
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

LARP=Gay

:chew:

LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

I concur the :chew:

to that I say :kermit:
Redliner
SDF!
SDF!

From the Coordinator of FalloutLARP.com

Post by Redliner »

Hi All,
I was lucky I found this discussion about our Fallout LARP.
What an coincidence that I'm one of two main organisers of Fallout LARP (in CZ)

First of all I would like to make clear what LARP is :)
A someone already said it means "Live Action Role Play". You can imagine for example the AD&D or computer RPG (Role Playing Game) and put the word "LIVE" before it and you would be a bit closer to the meaning of it as well. It really is a game. And it has it's rules and possibilities but despite the paper or computer games here you are what you are. :) And that's the basic idea.
LARPs are very popular among young people in Czech and in central europe (but not as much as computer games are ...).
Well the rules differs so it would be waste of time to define some common or some more specific definition of LARP.

I would like to tell you something about our LARP.
This game is based on the Fallout game, but just the evironment and the basic thought that it is in postapocaliptic world. The rest was what we have created and invented.

So about the game. :) Like the PC and paper games, you can DIE. :) But only "in game" so you can respawn and play again(after few minutes). ;) Here are allowed two types of weapons. Airsoft guns (usually a plastic replicas of real guns that shoot plastic projectiles) and close fight weapons (like stick, baton, staff or knife). They are of course just imitation made of wood or platic. But it still hurts a bit :) So there is nothing like "I shoot you! Now you are death!". Because if someone hits or shoots you, you usually know it. :D But this is not for kids. Some of us are quiet good at some martial arts or other fighting systems with weapons (like Escrima). So it could be somethimes really serious. On the other side there are some borders that everyone must keep in mind. To avoid serious injury. To defeat someone doesn't mean to cripple him. :) (But just to hit with apropriate power. ;) ) But it's open to everyone who wants to join us and it's not so difficoult to fight (you can still shoot ;) ).

But the fighting is not the only fun we have prepared for the players. There are some groups in the game that has some quests or goals they must try to achieve and then they can get some additional ammo or weapons. These clans usually fight to win some goal but there is a space for tactics or thinking. (the fight is not the only way to make it trough)
There is a story where we create some key points that we prepare and after the game starts the main actors are the players. Everything depends what they do. Even the result of the story.
And the "live" means that they dress, fight and talk like they actualy are in some postapocaliptic world. And that creates the game. And that incredibly enjoyable. :)

On our first LARP were only 16 people. But it was really a big fun. Even trough it was raiining all the time. :)
This time it will are going to have about 40-50. Even the story is now more complex (but it is still a continuance of the fist LARP). Fallout LARP 2 will take palce in two weeks. :) We are really looking forward to it.
we have wonderful place for it. It is an area like someone cut it from some postapocaliptic world and put it on today's earth.
It is an old destroyed army base (the Russian base). Where were some nuclear weapons and other materials stored. The area is now safe and open to public as the Russians are gone (it's actually 15 years since the revolution).

Be sure that we'll publish the photos as soon as this action ends. :)

And DON'T THINK THAT WE ARE SOME KIND OF PEOPLE who "LIVE UNDER THE ROCKS" :) We aren't strange mutant individuals or anything like that. :) Many of us are university or (as is U.S. call it) high school students and this is just one amazing escape from the everyday life where you can iteract with oher and enjoy wonderful weekend full of adrenalin. And you don't even need imagination because overyone behave and look like it's real. :) Even the location... (the old place wasn't as amazing from the pictures because there were no buildings)

PS.: the site is in czech because I don't expect anyone from abroad to join us. :( But if there is anyone ... let me know ;) If you would like to translate any text I can do it for you - if I have time.
There are some photos from last action and new will be on page where are all materials for the game as well as some graphics or posters. :)

Redliner
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

Oh God, another looney.

Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Whoa.. 20 emoticons in one posts.. I think that we've got a new record!
Our Host!