Fallout 2: Wasteland Merc beta

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Fallout 2: Wasteland Merc beta

Post by Mr. Teatime »

<strong>[Mod -> Update]</strong> - More info on <a href="http://wikipocalypse.duckandcover.cx/in ... le=Fallout 2: Wasteland Merc">Mod: Fallout 2: Wasteland Merc</a>

<strong>Haris</strong> sent along the beta version of his and <strong>Miran</strong>'s latest project: <em>Fallout 2: Wasteland Merc</em>. Here's part of the readme:

<blockquote><em>Features:13 custom locations, custom weapons, custom
missions and dialogs and more. This is not an add-on, it is a campaign
on its own.

We are awere that there might be some minor bugs in the mod and we will fix those if we ever make an update for this mod.

What mod is about: In this mod you are not the chosen or vault dweller
but a simple mercenary warrior that goes around in wasteland looking
for missions/jobs. All missions/jobs are redoable and are intended to
be done several times. If you come to a town and nobody seems to be
willing to talk to you that means your not high enough level to get
that mission. Than usually they will tell you to get bent or come back
when your better in various ways.</em>

</blockquote>Well done, <strong>Haris</strong> and <strong>Miran</strong>. It sounds like it's worth a download, and you can get it from our server <a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx/downloads/mo ... .zip">here (8.5 MB)</a> (proper download system coming soon). Let us know what you think...
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Well its done now. And only reason its beta is cause we aren’t 100% sure if we menaged to remove all bugs. There is probably some of them still in there even thoe we beta tested every script for last 3 days. Also this time mod does not contain patch000 file. Its all open for editing except scripts. But if someone feels like proof reading it and making a file that goes with this with more decent dialogs than feel free to do it. I know Ratlaw offered him self to help, but he can now decide by him self if he wants to do that. Anyway if someone does that than he can upload that file as a patch for mod on its own.

Well we have been working on this mod for last 3 weeks about 6-8 hours per day and it will be relieving to go back to some AO now.

Oh yea and custom interface is removed, but if someone feels like trying it out just go to fallout2/data/Art/interface/XXXiface and change that file from XXXiface to just iface. We left it there if someone feels like using it.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Looks interesting. I havn't actually tried any of the Fallout 1/2 mods yet, so I might give this one a bit of a burl.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I'll give it a peek probably tomorrow. Right now I'm borderline-delirious with a fever I've had for three days.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

I just need to warn people that think it would be neat to put this mods file in to a patch000.dat to not do that. I tryed doing that and half of scripts didnt work and some of custom graphics where crashing the game. So there is a reazon why we didnt use patch000 to distribute this mod. Allso this way we are able to make expansion file for the mod that isnt that big but fixes bugs and add one more location called black market.

You can allso find some more screen shots of the mod on this webpage. But its not in english. http://madbrahmin.bonusweb.cz/index.php ... ds&id=merc
Our Host!