If you want Van Buren stuff...

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Concept art, I agree, I could give care less about. But I'm still fairly interested in seeing the In-Game screen shots. It does give an idea of what a 3D engine from that viewpoint could look like...maybe even something for Bethesda to take cues from.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

King of Creation wrote:Concept art, I agree, I could give care less about. But I'm still fairly interested in seeing the In-Game screen shots. It does give an idea of what a 3D engine from that viewpoint could look like...maybe even something for Bethesda to take cues from.
In-Game Screens and stuff out on NMA now
Kotario
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Kotario »

Err... King of Creation, you have a bad link to the Power Armor Animation. The good ol' 404 error, where would be without it?
"It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow." - Robert Goddard
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Umm..yeah..hang on.

Edit: Fixed. Thanks.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

That was slightly rude. Not even a happy birthday to Odin?
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Birthday?? Eh?

Oh well, yes..indeed. It does seem to be his birthday. Buon Compleanno, vecchio.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

HEY, MYSTERIOUS SOURCE! We lub j00 lots, but Christ, it's been a year. Let it go. That also goes for all the NMA kiddies who are still jacking off over Van Buren.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

I'm happy to see the stuff. The game is dead and releasing stuff in small tidbits a year later is probably pushing it a bit (what's next - Van Buren 3rd year anniversay of its cancellation new screenshot release?) but it's good stuff to have and add to the collection of "Things Interplay Fucked Up".

The new stuff about Van Buren that's come out in recent days has also made me think they had a better storyline than I was initially willing to believe. Unfortunately, the more of this stuff that comes out the less likely it is that we'll ever see it get made unless someone really wants to start a mod project using the info and a hacked Quake 2 engine (akin to those guys doing the X-Com remake).
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

You're just pissed off because you didn't get to write another 28 reasons why Van Buren is all fucked up article, DU. Admit it. Hell, there's enough in those screenshots for at least a quarter of those reasons.
------------------
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Actually it only meets point 10 of the 27 reasons why FO:BOS sucked. Ironically it was point 27 that killed it too.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
RGE
SDF!
SDF!

Post by RGE »

Lately I've spent more time imagining myself playing great games than I have spent time playing whats actually there to play, so I would like to thank the Secret Source for feeding my imagination.
Recommended reading:
Post-Nuke (a man and his dog in the nuclear winter)
Dire Destiny (most medieval fantasy ever)
Hot Bullet Press (great action webcomics)
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Spazmo wrote:gauchy-schwarz
D:
D:
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

Spazmo wrote:HEY, MYSTERIOUS SOURCE! We lub j00 lots, but Christ, it's been a year. Let it go. That also goes for all the NMA kiddies who are still jacking off over Van Buren.
You know i`m not the owner of this stuff, if i was i would distribute it diferently? I`m getting stuff too, not just things to the sites,and it`s looking even better overall than what i thought. Except the single skill for firearms, wich i still think would suck, the rest, from the skills to the traits to the talking heads to the turn based combat to the 3d engine that looked like the 2d one but at a higher resolution and with a camera like Silent Storm to the grewater accent on Diplomacy and Science characters and many other things lead me to believe Saint is full of shit this time. He`s mexican, too much chilli i guess.

Everything Fallout related has space on Fallout oriented sites, and it helps the fans to know more about things Bethesda has and to debate, even if it´s to say those things suck.

On the Codex is indeed diferent, i was the one serving as intermediary for that pic and was asked to send the thing "to my friend Rex" so yeah i send it. You don´t want it that`s ok, i`m not happy to send stuff to a place where it`s easier to see insults against Leon and Tim than to see something about Fallout anyway.

These were the first pics of many to come, DAC wasn`t supposed to receive anything but at the last minute things changed and i was happy with the prospect of DAC having the usual tough debates around things that show up in the art and demo pics. Since you don`t want them at least you could have been coherent and not post them at the gallery and front page, but guess not. No harm done, at least to me, so time to move on.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Briosafreak wrote:On the Codex is indeed diferent, i was the one serving as intermediary for that pic and was asked to send the thing "to my friend Rex" so yeah i send it. You don´t want it that`s ok, i`m not happy to send stuff to a place where it`s easier to see insults against Leon and Tim than to see something about Fallout anyway.
And you're a douche.
------------------
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

And you`re a mexican douche, but still a douche.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

You know you want the BIG TAMALE!
------------------
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

My TAMALE is bigger than yours
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

But my TAMALE is SPICIER!
------------------
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

Mine has a LARGE SOMBRERO!
Claw
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Claw »

Mine is called Largo LaGrande for a reason.

Oh... damn. :cry:
Our Host!