SuperCharacter----YEAHAHAHH!!!

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.

In your opinion, what is the best aspect of Fallout 2?

The challenging quests
49%
The talking heads
No votes
The combat engine
9%
Hitting people for 1500+ HP and listening to them say "BBBLLLLAAAAGHGHGHGHGH!!!"
43%

Total votes: 35

Insane-Lark
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Insane-Lark »

<The Lady raises an eyebrow at scOpE>
Seems to me that you ought to do a bit more listening & a bit less attacking board members. If you have some interesting information to impart then do so, if not, then you ought to lurk, surf Fallout sites etc & learn something. Hopefully at the very least you'll come up with some tact.
Oh yes & while we are at it, I have passed the Vault Citizenship test without cheating. Just picked small framed & gifted.

Insane-Lark
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Re: superchar

Post by Temaperacl »

Sc0pE wrote:what i am trying to tell you guys... you can edit your chars without an editor, so in a way it is a legit way of making a superchar.
if you use this editor FALCHE you are just using someone esles tool to make your char...
using editors is a bit cheap, it isn't cheating as much just to use something in the game to you're advantage, like file changing... but still if you wan't a real super super char you should probably use that editor (where can i get it to see what it is like??)...
I disagree on it being cheap using the tools to edit the files.. Either way, you are acting outside of the scope of the game to change your characters.. Then again, I only edit my characters in other to test other things, so.. *Shrug*

The editor is available here.
also on the vault test you need LK and AG and ST to make the test...
i tried it with a char with all stats but LK on 10 and they rejected me!!! proven.. how about you get your proof!!!! damn n00bie!!!
Like I said, you need Perception, Intelligence and Luck. Here is my proof:
(From decompiled vcgreg.int)

Code: Select all

function Node023;
begin
	if &#40;&#40;GetStat&#40;Player,4&#41;>8 AND GetStat&#40;Player,1&#41;>8&#41; AND GetStat&#40;Player,6&#41;>8&#41; then begin
		SayForAnswer&#40;117,179&#41;;
	end else begin
		SayForAnswer&#40;117,180&#41;;
	end;
	if &#40;&#40;GetStat&#40;Player,4&#41;>8 AND GetStat&#40;Player,1&#41;>8&#41; AND GetStat&#40;Player,6&#41;>8&#41; then begin
		Answer&#40;4,117,181,@Node026,50&#41;;
	end else begin
		Answer&#40;4,117,182,@Node024,50&#41;;
	end;
end;

function Node024;
begin
	if GetStat&#40;Player,4&#41;<9 then begin
		SayForAnswer&#40;117,183&#41;;
	end else begin
		if GetStat&#40;Player,1&#41;<9 then begin
			SayForAnswer&#40;117,184&#41;;
		end else begin
			if GetStat&#40;Player,6&#41;<9 then begin
				SayForAnswer&#40;117,185&#41;;
			end;
		end;
	end;
	Answer&#40;4,117,186,@Node025,50&#41;;
end;

function Node026;
begin
	SayForAnswer&#40;117,192&#41;;
	Answer&#40;4,117,193,@Node027,50&#41;;
end;
which translates to:
(Sorry for the formatting, but it is the best I could do with the simple controls here.

Code: Select all

function Node023;
begin
	if (INTELLIGENCE>8 AND PERCEPTION>8) AND LUCK>8) then 
		[i]"Finished already? Are you certain you don't want to double-check your answers?"[/i]
	else
		[i]"All right, time's up. Let's see your form."[/i]
	end;
	if (INTELLIGENCE>8 AND PERCEPTION>8) AND LUCK>8) then 
		Answer: "Already did. Here." (Goto: Node026)
	else
		Answer: "Wait! Just a minute more... oh, forget it. Here." (Goto: Node024)
	end;
end;

function Node024;
begin
	if INTELLIGENCE<9 then 
		[i]"Hmmm... no, no... that's wrong... that's not right, either... a divide by zero error here... hmmm... needed to carry the two... oh my, your vocabulary is sadly lacking as well, I see."[/i]
	else 
		if PERCEPTION<9 then 
			[i]"Let's see... I see you missed spotting the sub-derivative equation...and you missed the essential meaning of paragraph seven, both parts...  and the pyramid in this diagram can be crossed eight times, not three."[/i]
		else
			if LUCK<9 then begin
				[i]"Well, the answers you DID manage to put down seem fine... it's the timeliness in which you took the test... and the glaring grammatical errors and..."[/i]
			end;
		end;
	end;
	Answer: "So...?" (Goto: Node025)
end;

function Node026;
begin
	[i]"Well, let's take a look... first, let's see if... oh, very good, I see you got that one, how about... why yes, you carried the two, very clever, very clever... but why did you... oh, you applied the derivative to #5... brilliant!"[/i]
	Answer: "Of COURSE it was brilliant." (Goto: Node027)
end;

function Node027;
begin
	AdvanceTime(3 HOURS);
	[i]"Why... you've passed! Congratulations."[/i]
	Answer: "Great. So I'm a Citizen?" (Goto: Node028)
end;
If you pass the test, then the only thing that will prevent you in the physical test from getting citizenship is if you have an extra toe.
So, Is my proof satisfactory?
Sc0pE
Respected
Respected

subdued...

Post by Sc0pE »

o.k o.k, i thought wrong :(
... thanks for correcting me though, now i can use that to help me in the future... :)

thanks anyway, i will watch and learn from the best....
hi-mag optical telescopic sights and 12.7mm fin tipped DU SLAP rounds... what more can you ask for... - go the eye critical!......... I quote the innocent villager
"BLLLLAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHH"
*drools*
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Well you do that. Because we don't like too aggressive bull-shitters, ok?
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

So what language is that code in? Assembly or...?
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Chrille
Respected
Respected

My opinion

Post by Chrille »

Voted for the quests!

Those are about the most important things in an RPG :!:
---Pain is Temporay, Glory is Forever---
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

Looks mostly like Pascal to me.
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

crap. I don't know that language...

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

Don't worry, you don't need to- that's just what it looks like to me.. The basic syntax is pretty easy to get a hold on anyways, so.. If you are used to C(++), just think
begin' for {
end for }
:= for =
and = for ==
and that pretty much covers the basics (I think)..
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

OK, well, that seems pretty simple... thanks!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
This is Gonna Hurt
Respected
Respected

Post by This is Gonna Hurt »

I've said it before, I'll say it again...In a game like Diablo2, Counterstrike, cheating is annoying because it detracts from the play of others. In Fallout 1/2 there is no multiplay, so I could care less what you do, the only person missing out is you.

And no, I've never tweaked a character, or gone beyond having fun with a couple of the NPC cloning bugs in Torment before reloading my saved game and moving on. I enjoy beating most games the old-fashioned way, and it has to get bloody near impossible (ie, certain levels in No One Lives Forever, the final boss of Doom 2, etc.) before I use cheats to see an ending.

As to the voting..I go with the combat system. I loved the turn-based hex-moves in the fallout games. If only the enemy had been given something resembling an AI the game could have become really and truly challenging in this respect. As it was with a bit of strategy and a lucky critical (or the sniper perk) you could come out of almost any conflict with barely a scratch. Just my thoughts.
I'm not evil, I just like making things explode

"...It IS hard to speak with six inches of knife sticking out of your face. They mostly just gurgle. And bleed." Black Mage
Pred_667
SDF!
SDF!

Cheating or not

Post by Pred_667 »

I look at it this way. I played thru both FO1 and FO2 and beat them the legitimate way, so the next time around I hack my character using Falche1/2 so I can hit some of the other parts of the game I missed. In most games I only do money cheats (I hate poor characters). In Fallout(s) I just do it so I can have fun. That is the ultimate goal of the game is to have fun. Right?. :D
Fight Rush Hour Traffic, Legalize Vehicular Weaponry
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

I agree. I also played them first the lgit way, but then I wanted to do some real damage and überfun.
So I downloaded FALCHE and had a wonderful time blowing up mutants with a Power Fist.

I think that when you first play a game through with no cheats, you are then perfectly allowed to use cheats. I mean, some games have that special function. When you finish the game, you get to some sort of cheat mode to just have more fun.

And FO2 has those too. Remember the FO2 book you get from New Reno and the computer at Vault 8?
- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

It's much more of a challange to find everything without cheating. And yes, it is possible, and anyaway there's also some stuff only available to stupid chars, so with a superchar you still don't get "Everything".
Instead of cheating to find everything, try to toy with your stats, and finish the game with a different set of rules (say, only melee weapons, or only unarmed weapons, or only fists). There are so many ways to reaply this game without cheating and still have a great time.
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

Red wrote:Instead of cheating to find everything, try to toy with your stats, and finish the game with a different set of rules (say, only melee weapons, or only unarmed weapons, or only fists).
Or playing without Steal, Gambling or Barter. It's so much more fun to play through without a trunk filled with über-equipment and 10 sets of Power Armor.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Rat Keeng wrote:
Red wrote:Instead of cheating to find everything, try to toy with your stats, and finish the game with a different set of rules (say, only melee weapons, or only unarmed weapons, or only fists).
Or playing without Steal, Gambling or Barter. It's so much more fun to play through without a trunk filled with über-equipment and 10 sets of Power Armor.
Nah, it ain't :twisted:
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

Well, that's your opinion :wink:
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

My opinion is...
Dont cheat or you'll lose some times of great, great fun.
"When Angels deserve to die." - SoaD (System of a Down)

A Member Of The Knight Organization
Blarg
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Blarg »

I've finished FO and FO2 fairly. A bit o' cheating can be fun. I installed the "Klint the Generous" mod in FO2. It's amusing, in a ridiculously excessive force sort of way, to go through the Temple of Trials with APA Mark 2 and a Bozar...
I'm not insane, I'm just misunderstood. Unless I misunderstood the meaning of "insane".
Sc0pE
Respected
Respected

Post by Sc0pE »

the fact is that if you need to cheat to beat FO or FO2 or FOT on easy then you suck!
once you have clocked the game it is alright to have some fun and cheat a little or alot... once you have beaten every single avenue of a game there is nothing to miss out on by cheating, only things to gain...

either way you look at it superchars are alot of fun...
hi-mag optical telescopic sights and 12.7mm fin tipped DU SLAP rounds... what more can you ask for... - go the eye critical!......... I quote the innocent villager
"BLLLLAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHH"
*drools*
Our Host!