Worst weapon anybody?

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Den - the traders in west part. I usually kill those two evil ones and take their stuff (at least 5 throwing knives included). Then there are the NPC's (steal, you know) and if I remember right some boxes/drawers/shells have 'em.

Modoc - various boxes/drawers/shells, the Mayor's place, lost & found-box and some NPC's.
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

I hate the pulse rifle too (exept when i get rich by selling it :wink: )
"When Angels deserve to die." - SoaD (System of a Down)

A Member Of The Knight Organization
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

The traders aren't a sure way of getting throwing knives. I'm at the Den, and neither of the two traders have got a single throwing knife. Smitty and his lockers hasn't got any, Lara's gang and her bookcases and lockers have none, neither does the owner of The Hole or the bookcases inthere. Becky hasn't got any, Mom has none, Karl has none, Mom's container, table and bookcase hasn't got any. Metzger hasn't got any, i didn't check every single slaver, but i'm pretty sure they have no throwing knives, based on earlier games. Well i didn't check every single reliant either, but i doubt they have that many knives.

My problem is, i'm playing a throwing character, and with throwing knives being so crappy, you need a load of them to take down anything, unless you want to spend time picking them up while the enemy is shooting you :?
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

Rat Keeng wrote:The traders aren't a sure way of getting throwing knives. I'm at the Den, and neither of the two traders have got a single throwing knife. Smitty and his lockers hasn't got any, Lara's gang and her bookcases and lockers have none, neither does the owner of The Hole or the bookcases inthere. Becky hasn't got any, Mom has none, Karl has none, Mom's container, table and bookcase hasn't got any. Metzger hasn't got any, i didn't check every single slaver, but i'm pretty sure they have no throwing knives, based on earlier games. Well i didn't check every single reliant either, but i doubt they have that many knives.

My problem is, i'm playing a throwing character, and with throwing knives being so crappy, you need a load of them to take down anything, unless you want to spend time picking them up while the enemy is shooting you :?
If you need them THAT much go back to Klamath and see if the guys have some, then get back to The Den and the merchants might have restocked...
"When Angels deserve to die." - SoaD (System of a Down)

A Member Of The Knight Organization
James
Respected
Respected

Post by James »

For me the most disappointing weapon was the laser pistol.

I still remember the first time I got to New Reno, and how the Salvatore (sp?) family was supposed to be so formidable because of their Lightbringers (or whatever, its been a while). So I did the quests and got one and it was, well, pants really. Oh well... Still, the bit where the Enclave deliver them was cool.
"Ancient Greece was ahead of its time, and before our time. They had no TV, but they had lots of philosophers.
I, personally, would not want to sit all evening watching a philosopher."
amonshaw
SDF!
SDF!

Post by amonshaw »

I don't bother with knives of any sort in the game. Though the pipe rifle sucks ass in stats, when it's your only firearm in the very beginning of the game, it's an asset.

The pulse rifle rocks! I dismiss its bloodless deaths after I encounter the Enclave and need a badass weapon to kill them in 2 shots or less. (Ofcourse I use the Bozar!)
Amonshaw

Yeah, it's MY completely made up name.
Knight
Respected
Respected

Post by Knight »

I really really dislike mellee weapons because you have to get up close to attack and your enemy maybe carrying some heavy firepower! 8O
"The new world is a dangerous place." - Knight
Sc0pE
Respected
Respected

Post by Sc0pE »

yes, melee sucks when you have to run up to multiple guys all with gauss rifles, normally you die in a bloody painful death...
hi-mag optical telescopic sights and 12.7mm fin tipped DU SLAP rounds... what more can you ask for... - go the eye critical!......... I quote the innocent villager
"BLLLLAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHH"
*drools*
Mad Max
Regular
Regular

Post by Mad Max »

I love all bullet firing weapons but they need better sound but all the laser weapons suck they look so crappy all of them are crap. I have sworn never to use them until they looked realistic. No these weird corigated pipes that have a bulge in the middle are a pity to look at, and I think that was a the not best idea of the game if they looked a little bit better no realistic then ok fallout = 9.7 with crappy laser weapons 9.99999 with cool realistic looking laser weapons.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Mad Max wrote:I love all bullet firing weapons but they need better sound but all the laser weapons suck they look so crappy all of them are crap. I have sworn never to use them until they looked realistic.
How can something that doesn't really exist, look or not look realistic?
Mad Max wrote:No these weird corigated pipes that have a bulge in the middle are a pity to look at, and I think that was a the not best idea of the game if they looked a little bit better
That's the style of the game retro 50's take on futuristic pulp Sci-fi. Personally I think the energy weapons look the best of any in the game.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

DIE, SDF.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

JESUSFUCKINGCOCKCHRISTKILLYOUWITHAFORKLIFTSINGINGHEEHAW !

Were it not for my world-weary cynicism, I could not believe a human could be so thoroughly stupid unintentionally. Even so, I still have my doubts.

I second M5it-m38's suggestion, or at the very least encourage ritual emasculation*. :drunk:

*Which as we all should know requires the use of a dull, rusty spoon.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Stop calling me M5it-m38 D;
Insane-Lark
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Insane-Lark »

Why do I smell the soil of the grave on this thread?
"I think you could beat IPLAY up for lunch money and still come up short." -Interrupt
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

this came from like, prehistory of DAC...
does this work
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

Like, totally.
Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 3:38 pm
I remember 2002. It sucked.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Kashluk the guest?
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Yeah, zig deleted his account for shits and giggles once.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Zig is a man of questionable judgement. I should say was, before he met his untimely demise. RIP. And is it just me, or are Mad Max's posts the most unintelligible jumble of words ever strung together by an idiot in a retarded stupor? I can't even get half-way through his "sentences" before the words seem to vibrate and swirl together randomly.
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

On worst weapon I'd have to vote on the shiv, I guess... eventhough it had some "mystery" to it(I allways wondered if it could be used in some quest or sneak-killing weak opponents, like children for example... Cut! Cut! Kid, you're dead!)...
Franz Schubert wrote:Zig is a man of questionable judgement. I should say was, before he met his untimely demise. RIP. And is it just me, or are Mad Max's posts the most unintelligible jumble of words ever strung together by an idiot in a retarded stupor? I can't even get half-way through his "sentences" before the words seem to vibrate and swirl together randomly.
HAHAHA! Yes, indeed. But actually it looks allmost as if it takes skill to write in that kind of manner... The image I got when I read his post was that either he has consiously trained in writing like a 8 year old with DOWN-syndrome and a dictionary or something... or he was dead drunk when he wrote it. Assuming that he not a 8 year old with DOWN-syndrome, that is.
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
Our Host!