Member Recommendations Forum??

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Do you want a 'Member Recommendations' forum?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 10, 2002 9:51 pm

Opition in case of poll gremlins
No votes
Hell yes!
56%
Get bent!
11%
Other (please specify)
33%

Total votes: 9

Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Member Recommendations Forum??

Post by Viktor »

What does everyone think of having a recommendations forum??

It would give everyone a place to let their fellow DaCer's know about movies/music/books/shops/games/etc....they've discovered and enjoyed without clogging up the General discussion forum.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Vote: Other

I don't want you to "get bent", but I don't think we need one. I'm more likely to check out a recommendation in Gen Discussion than to surf into a forum dedicated specifically to a subject like that.

BTW: Welcome back, Viktor!

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

OnTheBounce wrote:Vote: Other

BTW: Welcome back, Viktor!

OTB
Glad to be back, mate! While myself and Mrs. V had a great time, the constant need to supervise the junior initiates took it's toll and I'm almost looking forward to work on Wednesday!
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

I'm with OTB on this one - vote: other

One of the main reasons I check the General Discussion forum is to see whether or not anybody has recommended any good DVD's :)

It's always a nice suprise to find an interesting new topic in the General section even when nobody mentions the latest "deluxe edition" DVD release.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Kreegle wrote:One of the main reasons I check the General Discussion forum is to see whether or not anybody has recommended any good DVD's :)
*hehe* Have you gotten the Memento SE DVD yet? The one with the hidden features cloaked behind maddening menus? Next paycheck, baby!

OTB
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

Not yet, OTB. I keep hearing about a 'magical' Memento DVD where there is an option to play it backwards without huge pauses between tracks. I've already seen it 2 or 3 times, so I can wait until the definitive copy comes out - IF IT EVER DOES!
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

Fair enough, chaps. I'll put any stuff I like in Gen. Dis. main.....
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Kreegle wrote:Not yet, OTB. I keep hearing about a 'magical' Memento DVD where there is an option to play it backwards without huge pauses between tracks.
This is the one you're looking for, Kreegle. It's the "Limited Edition" that looks like a psych profile.
CDNowReview wrote: But the most interesting feature available on this version is so well hidden you may never find it -- a version of the film in "reverse," beginning with the end (that is, the chronological beginning). In this version all the black-and-white sequences play first in the same order as in the film and then the color sequences play beginning with the last one. To get to this hidden feature, you need to find the question that asks you to put the pictures of a woman changing a tire in chronological order (one way of finding this question is to go to the Alarm Clock icon and answer C several times). Place the pictures in reverse chronological order and hit Enter, and the "backwards" version of the film plays.
I really want to know why the put these "hidden features" on DVDs. Games I can understand, but I think most of us have better things to do than sit there and screw around w/the DVD remote for hours. :lol:

OTB hurriedly hides the psych profile.

Viktor: Yes, please place your recommendations in Gen Discussion. I'm interested to see what you have to recommend.

Cheers,

OTB
Mikey
Regular
Regular

Post by Mikey »

you two seem to be at least remotely interested in memento, so... either of you know where i could check out (on the net, yeah) the short story the film was based on?
nein! das ist verboten, goddammit!
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

you must enter a message while posting
Last edited by Megatron on Tue May 10, 2005 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

OnTheBounce wrote: I really want to know why the put these "hidden features" on DVDs. Games I can understand, but I think most of us have better things to do than sit there and screw around w/the DVD remote for hours. :lol:
Ugh, tell me about it. I HATE easter eggs on DVD's! They are the worst idea ever! :mad:

When I want to check out special features, I'd like them to be listed clearly and easily accesible - I don't want to have to memorise bizarre button sequences... especially if the feature is as major as the one we're discussing in Memento.

Grrrrrrrr! /me goes to have a nice, calming beer
War Bringer
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller
Location: Eden Facility 3 Project: Sigma (Testing) In.The.Center.Of.The.Storm

Post by War Bringer »

i remember in the old forums, there was this guy... M9...something... anyway, i remember he use to do a review of interesting movies every now and then.

i don't think we need another sub-forum... too many forums to look at as it is...
"...Half a man's corpse laid on the hallway floor starring at itself,
probably wondering what had happened to the rest of his body..."
- Brothers Of The Dark

Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

[quote="Kreegle"][quote="OnTheBounce"]

The thing on memento is hard to find [harder than most]

first you have to actually get to the special features part wich is stupid as it changes the menu combinations every time you access it, then it shows these photo of a photo spinning around and if you miss it you have to go through it again.

I think it's just after the last sf option theres a blank photo for about 4 seconds.
Our Host!