Canadian "politics" and other idiocy

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Nah, not really. Australian politics is pretty isolated. Count yourself lucky, though, at least I know the general facts about the state of your country's government, while the recent Canadian election (which was considered "a really important one") supposedly got zero international media coverage (or so I'm led to believe, as I read some angry articles about it).
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Canadian politics are incredible shit since Chretien's second deal.
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

Amusing double standards in the USA

Lets see

Gun toting white apocalyptic Christians in the USA are completely ok for the federal Gestapo to slaughter en mass but its hands off when it comes to the infinitely better armed and hostile nation of Islam.

A white kid with a large nail clipper risks expulsion from school and a criminal charge for packing a 'weapon' but turban wearing Sikhs are allowed to pack a ceremonial dagger because its part of their religion.

Prayer is banned in public schools except for Muslims who must be provided a private place to commune with their great cosmic muffin at the tax payers expense.

In public schools the cross may not be worn by Christians but its ok for Jews to wear the star of David.

No nation on Earth is more devoted to oppressing the majority to accommodate the needs of minority groups than the USA. .
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

xbow wrote:Gun toting white apocalyptic Christians in the USA are completely ok for the federal Gestapo to slaughter en mass but its hands off when it comes to the infinitely better armed and hostile nation of Islam.
Lovely generalisation there, the 'hostile nation of Islam' as you phrase it, is not entirely hostile. Once you separate certain extremists, which I should add are present in any and all aspects of society, you have a group of (mostly) rational, reasonable, decent people, like (most) other population groups.
xbow wrote:A white kid with a large nail clipper risks expulsion from school and a criminal charge for packing a 'weapon' but turban wearing Sikhs are allowed to pack a ceremonial dagger because its part of their religion.
Yes, a religious duty of sorts. 'Tis a thing called 'tolerance', perhaps you should consider re-acquainting yourself with it. Further, as Sikh's are people too (shocking !), most are sane enough to realise the consequences of going postal with their blade would not be desirable or worthwhile at all. Life is fragile, and weapons are easy to come by, religious requirements or no. It's simple enough to kill someone with something as innocuous as a cigarette or plastic cutlery - both of which are equally available regardless of faith or skin pigmentation.
xbow wrote:Prayer is banned in public schools except for Muslims who must be provided a private place to commune with their great cosmic muffin at the tax payers expense.
It's a strict requirement of Islam that a devout Muslim pray each day, a school by definition should be able to provide a 'private place' easily enough. I find it amusing (at least until you consider providing objective evidence) that you consider this a noticeable drain upon tax payers. Trying to find a scapegoat for your bigotry, perhaps ?
xbow wrote:In public schools the cross may not be worn by Christians but its ok for Jews to wear the star of David.
Another religious requirement for the devout, if I recall correctly wearing a crucifix is not mandatory. It could be argued that a cross is potentially more dangerous an item than any Judaic paraphernalia, however this goes back to your Sikh 'argument', so I am happy to concede that this is discrimination of a sort. As America would more easily be considered a Christian nation than Muslim, or Jewish, I am certain there are more pressing issues of this sort against groups other than the oppressed white, frequently Christian majority.
xbow wrote:No nation on Earth is more devoted to oppressing the majority to accommodate the needs of minority groups than the USA. .
Conjecture is on good terms with you, it seems. A pity the same cannot yet be said of reasoned, supported commentary. Would you care to bring some statistics, or evidence of any credible variety to the table, or would you rather I remain convinced of your idiocy ? :drunk:
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

Pull your head out of your ass Blargh.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Great comeback. I'm shocked that you didn't formally address him, though.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

xbox wrote:Gun toting white apocalyptic Christians in the USA are completely ok for the federal Gestapo to slaughter en mass but its hands off when it comes to the infinitely better armed and hostile nation of Islam.
What the fuck did you say?
A white kid with a large nail clipper risks expulsion from school and a criminal charge for packing a 'weapon' but turban wearing Sikhs are allowed to pack a ceremonial dagger because its part of their religion.
First of all, the only instance of expulsion for a nail clipper I've heard of was from Bowling for Columbine, and it was a black kid. Secondly, I GUARANTEE you that an arab kid in the same school couldn't bring a fucking dagger to school. Nice try though.
Prayer is banned in public schools except for Muslims who must be provided a private place to commune with their great cosmic muffin at the tax payers expense.
This is just bullshit.
In public schools the cross may not be worn by Christians but its ok for Jews to wear the star of David.
This is bullshit also.
No nation on Earth is more devoted to oppressing the majority to accommodate the needs of minority groups than the USA. .
Right... well I had planned on refuting you point-by-point, but your "claims" aren't even remotely grounded in reality, so I can't properly debate them. What's wrong with you?
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Reading back through the rant, and my rebuttal, I am quite surprised that I even bothered to respond to it . . .

In the spirit of succinct retorts -

xbow, you're a bigoted fuckwit. :drunk:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

At least he's gone. Congratulations, Blargh, on blowing him out of the water.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Blargh's avatar is teh funneh. I can't stop watching it.
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

I think it's creepy. But also kinda cool.

And yay, Teh Uber Heavy Metal Guru is gone.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

where is he gone?
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

A day is too soon to be certain, I think. Why, he is probably madly researching new 'facts' to enlighten us with. I would be sad to see xbow go, amusement is an extremely valuable commodity as far as I'm concerned. :drunk:
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Blargh, can you run your avatar in reverse? That would be hardcore creepy.
Our Host!