Led Zeppelin album of choice

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.

Led Zeppelin album of choice?

Led Zeppelin I
9%
Led Zeppelin II
18%
Led Zeppelin III
9%
Untitled / Led Zeppelin IV
27%
Physical Graffiti
18%
Presence
No votes
In Through the Out Door (barf)
No votes
Coda (double barf)
18%

Total votes: 11

S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Yrah, and Evanescense is death metal.

I don't know much of Led Zepp either. Except for Kashmir.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

I like Zeppelin live anyway. Song remains the same and how the west was won are both great.
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

Led Zep is widely credited with inventing heavy metal, along with Black Sabbath (they both hit their peak around the same time). But modern "heavy metal" sounds nothing like Led Zep, so Franz can be forgiven his confusion.

I'm not terribly fond of either band, but "Rock and Roll" (from IV) is teh win.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Led Zeppelin is a pretty far cry from heavy metal. Throughout its history, it went from blues rock to folk rock to hard rock, but it never touched metal. Sabbath is the only metal that I really like, but it's really just well-done hard rock with bad lyrics. There's a world of difference between Zep and, say, Metallica or some similar noise.

Led Zeppelin also had some of the finest players in rock and roll history on all counts, which is why they were great live and doing the whole improv thing.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

As a matter of fact Zep along with Black Sabbath are generally considered to be the originators of the Heavy Metal form. Tell me that Dazed And Confused isn't metal. No not all of LZ's stuff is metal I didn't me to imply that.

Atoga

What is your favorite Black Sabbath tune? Did you accept Sabbath after ozzy split?
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Dazed and Confused does not equal metal. It's, by and large, a blues-rock song (listen to the interlude).

As for my favorite Sabbath tune, there's nothing that especially grabs me, but I like the almost all of the Paranoid album. And, if not before, Sabbath certainly sucked after Ozzy left. What can you read from that, Anne?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

Dazed and Confused is far from metal. It's obviously blues. Perahps one of the more metal-y songs they have would be Immigrant Song and even then, it's more hard rock.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex

Post by Guest »

I accepted Sabbath after Ozzy for awhile. I like the stuff on Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules but after that Sabbath ceased to exist in my mind.

The band certainly functioned better live without Ozzy as he was on his last tour with the band. In 78 when I first saw them, Ozzy was so drunk that he couldn't always remember the words to the songs. It also didn’t help things much that Sabbath was playing a lot of weak shit from the ‘Never Say Die’ and ‘Technical Ecstasy� Albums. The warm up band for that concert was Van Halen and they absolutely crushed Sabbath. I understand that Sabbath played several Dozen dates with Van Halen on that tour always with the same result.

In 1980 I attended the Summer Blowout at memorial stadium in LA. Sabbath did their Heaven and Hell stuff with Dio as the front man. I was pleasantly surprised when the band sounded powerful, tight and very together. The 80,000 people in the stadium really got off to them. There was however a constant chant for paranoid, Iron Man, and War Pigs. They did play some of the old stuff but Dio blew all of the Qzzy tunes out of his ass.

After the departure of Dio Sabbath became a bad joke, the real life version of Spinal Tap. I wish I could have seen them in their prime though.
boywoos
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by boywoos »

Led Zeppelin 3 has got to be my favourite album. I find it unbelievable that Page had the cajones to deviate from a tried and tested format of blues rock. Here you have a guy who is known as a hard blues-rock maestro producing awesome folk tunes, songs like "friends", "tangerine" and who can forget "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp"?

The majority of bands will stick to what they know and produce album after album of bilge. Not Page. He went with the rest of the group to a cabin in Wales with a vast supply of Ganj and Cider and produced a masterpiece.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

The majority of bands will stick to what they know and produce album after album of bilge. Not Page. He went with the rest of the group to a cabin in Wales with a vast supply of Ganj and Cider and produced a masterpiece.
If you wanna go with substance influenced music, Gong still takes the cake.
I mean, they were stoned on acid pretty much the whole of their existence. Really great band. first five albums are awesome.
Our Host!