Getting the plans...spoilage please

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Cornelius
SDF!
SDF!

Getting the plans...spoilage please

Post by Cornelius »

OK. I was able to do this before but I cannot recrerate it...

I was able to get the password from the old man at the gas station. Now, I want to get the Vetibird plans. I know I can get inside the base w/ the password. Do I make sure the sarge chews me out for not being in uniform (only wering combat armor at this point) and go to the quarter master first? When do I talk to the cook for best rtesults?

I am a bit frustarted so my post may not make much coherent sense... :mad:
Jimbo san
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Jimbo san »

OK, so you've got the password, and you're in the base. Best thing to do is to go down in a lift, get the black power armour (you can be bollocksed by the Sarge but its little more than comic relief), then speak to Raoul on the surface level, far west corner in the Vertibird hangar. Then, go into any building with a tech, and ask him where you can get the plans for the Vertibird. Then go to the far east side of the surface level base, to the garage and tell the head mechanic a tech told you you could get the Vertibird parts from there. There you go.
{phew}
:wink:
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

If you've gotten the password it's easy, make sure you have all your NPCs wait at the gas station, then just walse right up to the entrance and give them the password, then go to the lower levels and speak to the quartermaster and get your armor. Now you'll be able to move around at the base as much as you want, talk to the cook, snag the plans etc etc.

But if you really worry about the outcome, make a save game before you enter the base and don't overwrite it with another savegame. That way you can always reload and try again if you fuck up.
Cornelius
SDF!
SDF!

Raoul

Post by Cornelius »

Usually, Raoul says "I'm too busy for chit chat" and then I still do not get the option of thelling the main dude that Raoul wants me to get the plans for him...I really do not want to cowboy this...I have tried that in otther game saves and I get wiped from the face of the desert....
Jimbo san
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Jimbo san »

Its worth talking to the techy guys in the buildings then (the dudes in white jackets by the computers). Ask one where you can get the plans, he'll tell you, and then you can ask the head mechanic straight away, just say Raoul sent you.
Cornelius
SDF!
SDF!

Cecking it out...

Post by Cornelius »

OK so the techs are the switch...OK...BBL
Jimbo san
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Jimbo san »

I think there are others, but that's the way it worked for me.
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

Yep, if you've talked to a tech, you can just tell the guy guarding the plans, (Quincy?), that Raul wants the plans and he'll talk shit about him. Then tell Raul about that, and he'll go kick Quincy's ass.

Be sure to kill Doctor Schreber while you're there, and pick up K-9 the cyberdog.
Sc0pE
Respected
Respected

Post by Sc0pE »

hang on a minute,
if you are in the base no matter how you got in, eg trapdoor, password, vents, you don't have to talk to anyone,
just walk into the area where the armour is and take it.

now you can go about your buissiness...
hi-mag optical telescopic sights and 12.7mm fin tipped DU SLAP rounds... what more can you ask for... - go the eye critical!......... I quote the innocent villager
"BLLLLAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHH"
*drools*
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Actually, if you're waering the PA, noone will bother you, and when getting the APA the guy'll just say that it's about time you got the new armour...

The only restriction of course is leaving you NPC's at the door...
Cornelius
SDF!
SDF!

Yes, the tech were the switch

Post by Cornelius »

And yes, I got the APA already...under the QMs nose...heh heh. Well noe I am at a different piont in the game....anyone got a solution to the stupid maze in the Enclave? I keep getting shocked to deth.... :microwave:
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

If you look at the maze like this:

1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

The correct order in which to activate the terminals in, are: 2, 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9 and finally, 10. That should get you through.
Our Host!