games nowadays

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

games nowadays

Post by Mismatch »

It's really about creating a hype innit?
Not delivering quality, but fooling stupid ppl so that they'll buy crappy fucking games. Maybe after buying it they'll realize that the game suck, and thus they suck too for buying it.

So, fooling ppl that it's a good game is really what it is all about. That's why companies like developing games on consoles (Which really only are good for fighting games) since the average console playercreally is quite the retard deserving nothing but molesting.

They need to make sure the game look childish enough too, so that all fucking 'I wish I was an elf/vampire ppl get all moist in their pants. Like that fable game... round it all off with the stupidest fucking commercial in the history of mankind and you've got yourself quite the sales record.

That fable game seem to be an excellent example of all of this... especially the fooling people part. How they got fooled I have no idea.... people really should be able to spot such utter crap when they see it. But somehow they didn't......
And then they realize that it sucks ass.
There should have been a bomb in every fable box, executing every fucker stupid enough to fall for that shit.

I hate people.
Arjuna
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Arjuna »

I havn't bought any new games for a long time...
Yes I agree with you that its peoples fault. You can't blame the game companies for giving the majority what they want.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Arjuna wrote:You can't blame the game companies for giving the majority what they want.
Or for being intelligent enough to exploit the consumers for personal gain . . . :drunk:
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

moved to general gaming...
as for games, i think vampire will be good, and GTA san andreas on the PS2 will be impressive.
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

GTA:SA. I ordered a PS2 for that last week! Har. Can't wait, don't like the policy tho, GTA got big on PC and now I have to by a PS2 instead, ugh.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Stop saying consoles suck you bunch of fags. Seriously. There are THOUSANDS of fucking games.

On the other hand, I agree the gaming industry is going to shit.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Silver wrote:GTA:SA. I ordered a PS2 for that last week! Har. Can't wait, don't like the policy tho, GTA got big on PC and now I have to by a PS2 instead, ugh.
why not just wait for the pc port and save big moneyz?
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

Well I know a person who knows some people who... I can get it new for about 80 euros eq. 90 dollars.

Waiting for a port for a game I wanna play yesterday? Waiting for the PC version for 9 months? Nah.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

I'm betting the PC port will be about a year away. Besides, the game was made for the PS2.
Consoles have good games, I don't bash them indiscriminately. It's when PC franchises get raped by going multiplatform that I have a problem

Hence why the GC is my favourite console. Nintendo make games that were designed for that console, and don't leach off the PC. Plus, the GC has a far higher amount:quality ratio than the other consoles.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

PS2 has the best singleplayer games, GC has the best 4player games, and Xbox sucks.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

PS2 has the best singleplayer games
No.
That's PC youre thinking about.
GC has the best 4player games
No, still PC
and Xbox sucks
an xbox can be used as a amiga emulator. Which is cool... But hey, why not use a PC for that.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I was talking about CONSOLES, not PC.

Also, some games on consoles aren't on PC, and vice versa.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

You know, I have PS2 for almost a year now, played such 'hits' as MGS2, Soul Calibur 2, Devil May Cry, Burnout 3... and the only game which was REALLY good was good ol' ICO.

Console games sucks.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I like the p
Last edited by Megatron on Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

koki wrote:and the only game which was REALLY good was good ol' ICO.
OMG TEH OVARATED!!!1. Seriously, I never got the Ico hype. It was a puzzle game, and a neat one, but better than Vice City? When snow falls in hell.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Mortal Kombat Deception is pretty cool, if you're into fighting games.

And of course, FFXII will be amazing.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Each console has its own good games and it just depends on what you like(except xbox lewl), not a lot of the games scream "OMG" to me but i find some interesting though I dont know if I would like them all the way through. GTA:SA looks cool and I will probably get it, nothing else is a sure buy to me right now, on the console front.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Subhuman wrote:
koki wrote:and the only game which was REALLY good was good ol' ICO.
OMG TEH OVARATED!!!1. Seriously, I never got the Ico hype. It was a puzzle game, and a neat one, but better than Vice City? When snow falls in hell.
OMG TEH OVARATED!!!1. Seriously, I never catched the VC fever(No, seriously). TEH EVAN!1

[quote="S4ur0n27]And of course, FFXII will be amazing.[/quote]

Yeah, go go Vaan, go save the world with your gay apperance and chick from Playboy and and... well, there is so many things that I don't know what to write first, really.
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

The ports of the GTA3 games are always x10000000000 better on PC, and yeah, the release dates are always 1 year later. I usually end up buying the PS2 version and downloading the PC one.
Sovy Kurosei
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Sovy Kurosei »

The Final Fantasy series lost a lot of respect, around the time that SquareSoft went onto the PSX. Well, maybe not FFVII, but that is debatable. The suckage was really cranked up when FFX came out, and then FFX-2, kind of like that red haired country cousin that slobbers all over the family meal.

PC games have been becoming more of an afterthought after a company hits success on a console game, ala Halo, KOTOR. Not to mention the exhorbant costs in producing a game for PC, as opposed to the simplier and more friendly environments found on consoles. Even games on PC have been degrading, like Doom 3, which gets annoying after 4 hours. People tried to excuse this as a throwback to the old days of Doom, but they are full of shit. Civilization III is nothing more than a retextured Civilization II. The PC only has a few advantages over the console, and that is (usually) an internet connection, and the mouse and keyboard combination. But that advantage is being chipped away as more games, particularly on the X-Box, have been going online. And once those advantages disappear, there will be very little reason to develop for the PC anymore, except as an indie gamer.
Our Host!