The Butterfly effect: REVIEW

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.

1 days

Poll ended at Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:30 pm

1 days
43%
1 dais
57%

Total votes: 7

Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

The Butterfly effect: REVIEW

Post by Megatron »

okay so I watched butterfly effect. It's about ashton kutcher getting raped, beaten, choked, pets killed, sent to prison etc.

Overall I thought it was good and it deserves a shiny gold :chew:

DISCUSS!"!!
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

It was surprisingly good.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

yea I liked it, it's good if you concentrate on enjoying the goodness of it and don't mind the wacky plot holes. though I think it would've been more interesting had it ended with the scene it began with, happy endings are cute but sometimes a bit boring. i give it 14 pirate cannonballs
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Still, I was expecting complete crap, and was presented with a fairly entertaining, somewhat creepy, thoroughly intriguing film. And Ashton handled his role surprisingly well. I always just sort of assumed he couldn't act.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

from the trailer it looked like a romance film but with a sci fi twist, which isn't something that appeals to me really.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

I hate Ashton Kutcher, so I never bothered to see the movie.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

It's surprising.

Only, the kids pissed me off like woah.
Carib
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Carib »

I enjoyed it throughly and I think Ash did a pretty good job in portraying a character who wasn't supposed to exist but made a great sacrifice by undoing his borth so he could save the lives of countless others.

Real deep stuff, dark and tragic.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I thought it was a damn fine movie. One of the few I purchased this year on DVD. The original theatrical ending is much better than the special alternative ending (very lame).
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

ExtremeDrinker wrote:I thought it was a damn fine movie. One of the few I purchased this year on DVD. The original theatrical ending is much better than the special alternative ending (very lame).
*spoilers bla bla bla*
I saw the ending where everything is fine and dandy in the end and business-asston walks past that business-chick and shit...which one is that? and what's the other ending?
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Rama Stryfe wrote:I enjoyed it throughly and I think Ash did a pretty good job in portraying a character who wasn't supposed to exist but made a great sacrifice by undoing his borth so he could save the lives of countless others.

Real deep stuff, dark and tragic.
Thanks
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

YOU JUST SPOILED THE WHOLE MOVIED FUCKO.

Anyways, that ending with the business Ashton walking by the chick is really gay.

What's the other one?
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

spoilers
The other ending has him watching a home movie of his mom having him as a baby, so then he strangles himself with the umbilical cord. It then shows everyone else happy.

I thought it was good, but how badly it handled some stuff. Like the first 20 minutes of the guy getting sexually assaulted, strangled, killing someone, beaten, parent getting killed etc. And then later where the fat kid kills the bully brother for no reason. Or the fat kid building planes. Or the fat goth having sex. Or Ashton Kutcher crunching up crackers with his fake arms.

I'm hoping he'd do more movies like this. Mabye Adam Sandler should as well.
:chew:
Carib
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Carib »

Oh shit, I knew I should have watched the DVD on the Theatrical version instead of the Director's Cut.

Hmm, remind myself to rent it again.

But in all it was a very interesting movie that raises a lot of questions of what we can, could and would probably be if certain events came to pass. Like say if you never ran into that person who would become your best friend or lover. In another possible reality they could be your worst enemy.

I mean look at the X-Men Age of Apocalypse event back in 1995. See what happens when Legion appears and attempts to kill Magneto. Perhaps if he just beat the crap out of Mags and warned him of what happened, he and Xavier would have joined forces. But when Charles did die, Magneto changed his ways and devotyed his life to building the X-Men in the dark version of their reality.

Cyclops and Jean were on opposite sides of the conflict and she hooked up with Wolverine and would later go back ot Cyke, which makes you wonder no matter what sometimes people are still meant for each other.

I guess its confusing and all... but it does make you reconsider building that time machine.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

SPOILER

It sucked. Go back to your homes.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

I didn't see what was so special.
Seems like every other time travel movie made in the 80s. Oh wait...
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

King of Creation wrote:I hate Ashton Kutcher, so I never bothered to see the movie.
that's what I said. Then I realized that fat shit from American History X (the famous line "C'mon, we can take this niglet!" come to mind?) was in it too. Then I saw it because my friend had rented it anyways. I thought it was good. I hate Kutcher, but he did alright. It wasn't an OMGMUSTSEETHISMOVIE, but it was good enough that I can say that I don't consider the time spent watching a COMPLETE waste. Combine that with the fact that I saw the original ending, which was far better than the theatrical release.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

I havent seen it yet, but its sounds okay. I may just buy it.
does this work
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Rent or borrow. Save your money.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

I have so much overdue charges, I'll probably borrow it.
does this work
Our Host!