The Most Nihilistic Album of 94-95

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.

Which album is the most Nihilistic ever!?

The Downward Spiral-Nine Inch Nails
71%
Antichrist Superstar-Marilyn Manson
29%

Total votes: 7

Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Re: tardackle!!!

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

Janus Matchell wrote:
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD wrote:How the fuck can any type of music be classified as nihilistic?
Its all systematic and made in sound studios.
Its all part of an overall system run by the rich and famous, so doesn't that totally invalidate the point of this thread.
It is the album not the music pay particular attention to the lyrics and you will see what I am talking about there MFG. This thread isn't completely invalidated either as it is asking a question to those who know what I am talking about. The topic happens to be which album is more nihilistic not which music is more categorized. Get it now?
I understood your point before I even posted my above blurb. It's not nihilistic because you don't understand the definition. Its angsty teen goth music.
Thats why subhuman defends this thread. His swell guy leather fetish affects his judgement.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:

Post by Guest »

Actually, I defend people against stupid opinions like yours.

ni·hil·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-lzm, n-)
n.
Philosophy.

-An extreme form of skepticism that denies all existence.
-A doctrine holding that all values are baseless and that nothing can be known or communicated.
-Rejection of all distinctions in moral or religious value and a willingness to repudiate all previous theories of morality or religious belief.
-The belief that destruction of existing political or social institutions is necessary for future improvement.
also Nihilism A diffuse, revolutionary movement of mid 19th-century Russia that scorned authority and tradition and believed in reason, materialism, and radical change in society and government through terrorism and assassination.

Psychiatry.
-A delusion, experienced in some mental disorders, that the world or one's mind, body, or self does not exist.

So in the context of Marylin Manson and NIN, yes, we're using the wrong definition of "nihilism". However, the most commonly accepted usage of the word is to denote something that is depressing, death-obsessed, etc. Therefore, we're technically using the wrong word, but we're all pretty much on the same wavelength. We're talking about gloomy music.
Our Host!