Terminator 4 approaching

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

Mmm.. technicals racing through the wreckage with mounted 50. cal machine guns on the back... fun fun.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Terminator 4: Terminatrix Goes to Hong Kong -- starring Jackie Chan as the Terminator Terminator.

Really though, fuck Arnold as a main, he isn't requiretd, his story is told, T4 NEEDS to be about the war in the future, not about the past.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Sovy Kurosei
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Sovy Kurosei »

I'd imagine the fourth installment will feature more time travel. It needs to at least explain how the humans were able to develop a time machine to send people back in time, and I'd imagine it will be a major plot device in Terminator 4.

Just my uneducated guess.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

The humans used SkyNet's time machine to send back their 'agents' in the Terminator movies.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Sovy Kurosei
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Sovy Kurosei »

Right oh. I'm reading through the history of Terminator now, on fan sites. *groans* Should have done that first.
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

T-900 wrote:Mmm.. technicals racing through the wreckage with mounted 50. cal machine guns on the back... fun fun.
And shooting at armored plated machines who don't seem to take scratches from it must be nice too.

Great there is gonna be a part IV tho :drunk:
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

If I recall the fifty cal was just for show, it was spewing lasers I believe.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

Aye i could never quite figure it out during the confusion but they were using real gun models to fire lasers, i very much doubt they'll still be using real weapons to fire lasers when they show war scenes with an actual budget...

But all the same, the essence of terminator is panicking humans to fill them with bullets and gawp a big before they get snapped in half. *nod* :evil_laugh:
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

T-900 wrote:Yay! Woohoo! Yay! Woohoo!

And damnit Terminator 3 was a damn good film. It had all required components and more. No better than T2, but not significantly worse.

Woohoo!

And i'd not be able to look at arnold schwarzenegger as a terminator again in any major role... he's passing bills in cali for extra restrictions against M-rated games. He is no longer a terminator.

lmfao ... t3 was average compared to the utter superiority of t2, the best things about 3 being the way skynet won, and how john connor survived by getting into the vault with his future wife.

other than that it was godlessly casted with a john connor who even in flashforwards looked nothing like the original from the t2 flashforwards.
An aging t-101 that says "talk to the hand!", and over acts his parts (if thats possible).
and other miscellaenous shitheads... like the swell guy that says "talk to the hand", JC's future wife's husband to be... And last but not least the Terminatrix. My god she was CRAP.

No sarah Connor? ffs she was the star attraction of both previous films, and by far the best actor, ed furlong comes a close second.

the dialogue was utter garbage too, this film was in my opinion written up by a spotty teenager who never seen the original terminator... the only thing i can add about a T4 ... i hope its written by someone who at least has a good understanding of the first and second films. with a bit of luck it will be set After t3. Or maybe if the new terminator actually kills the lame t3 John Connor and someone new takes his place.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Amen.

(take that, Kashluk)
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

they're whoring out the terminator franchise

If the terminator isn't arnold.......it sucks
does this work
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

Such narrow minded fools...

Terminator two contained scenes of Arnold trying to smile, and failing horrifically with the toothy grimace... it contained utterly stereotypical eighties-kids... these things are considered part of the film because it's old. The stripper with his 'talk-to-the-hand' scene, and arnold emulating him, wasn't that much worse than the smiling scenes and the quotes john connor taught him in T2. The acting in the other one was good, fun, melodramatic, the acting in this one was similar. Not oscarworthy, but suitable to the setting... the characters are stereotypical.. the square-jawed army general, his nerdy computer technicians, the skinny guy at the AM-PM, the old woman who owns the cat...

That's the style. I liked terminator 3.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Terminator ISN'T supposed to be fucking funny, and T3 did try to be funny. Plus, it failed miserably.
Ranger
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Ranger »

Well in both of the sequals they managed to change the timeline from the first (in subtle ways, more so in 3) so who's to say how they'll change it in this one. I think they'd do good to just pick up where the third left off, or maybe just a little later, no time travel, and just showcase the human struggle for survival. Say what you will about 3, but they did a damn good job showing how being bred for one life, and then that life never coming would seriously mess with someone's head. Other than that, it wasn't very good. Future war. That's what they need. I personally have been waiting for them to make a movie about that ever since I saw the second one. I liked the first one though where it was all humanity that won the day. The terminator was bad, sarah and reese were good. Clearly drawn lines. New story, post apoc setting........ starting to drool now.
Reagan smash!!!!
Reagan sleep!!!
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Mr T., what's with all the crappy movie press releases on DAC all of a sudden?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Stop your whining bitch D:
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

S4ur0n27 wrote:Terminator ISN'T supposed to be fucking funny,
Really? T2 was goddamn hilarious in my opinion, especially the part where Todd gets stabbed right through the milk carton he was drinking from by the T-1000. That was so badass.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Well we cover all things post apocalyptic, and T4 is about the world after its been taken over and destroyed by machines... that's why I posted the news.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

I guess, sort of. SORT OF.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Spazmo wrote:
S4ur0n27 wrote:Terminator ISN'T supposed to be fucking funny,
Really? T2 was goddamn hilarious in my opinion, especially the part where Todd gets stabbed right through the milk carton he was drinking from by the T-1000. That was so badass.
Yeah, T2 is funny in an unfunny and tragical way, as T3 was totaly unfunny in the way of star glasses and homo bar.
Our Host!