Rate Reviewers

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Rate Reviewers

Post by Flamescreen »

I thought of creating this topic, after creating the "Quagmire Review" one. I did the review just before slleping(obvious by the zounds of errors) and I've been wondering if I did it justice. So what you think? Did I?

Also I'm getting to think this subject(reviews) is not a very popular one amongst you, despite my initial beliefs, so if someone doesn't write about some, I think i'll take a short(or longer) break from it after finishing the JB2&3 review.

Finally, and if we continuedoing it, this thread is meant for making comments about all reviewers(are they doing a good job, biased looking deep inside the map etc.). After all, if you're gonna judge others, you might as well be prepared to be judged yourself. So far though, I'm the only one existing, so go ahead and pick your shovels! :)
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

I think yer doin' a good job with the reviews. Of course, the more detail, the better :)
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Thanks, its good to know from someone I reviewd! Kinda feels like a techer being judged for his/her ability to teach by his students! :D
endocore
Regular
Regular

Post by endocore »

I think you're doing a fine job, Flamescreen. I particularly like your sort of "design philosphy" focused comments, as most folks who respond (to me at least) on a map usually focus on things like which battle they enjoyed most (not that I don't like hearing about that stuff as well). If I get some time I'll try to post some reviews of maps by others that I've played and enjoyed myself, as I think this sort of thing is fairly important work.

Endocore
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Thank you Endocore for sharing your thoughts in this thread. Its good to hear you aprove my reviews, as I thought I may have hurt your map by not reviewing to the best of my abilities, and that would not be my intention in reviewing a map.

Primarily I want to focus to the parts of a map that are the most appealing ones, and design philosophy of course is quite important(to me at least). Combat is important also, but this is a Fallout game, so despite the editor and game limitations, I like seeing that the designer had a plan for the map other than pure combat, if making sociological comments, etc.

Thats not to say I don't enjoy combat focused ones. I'll give the "day of the dead"(or something to that effect) map as an example of that.

update: it's supposed to read "Evil Dead" up there.
Last edited by Flamescreen on Tue Jun 04, 2002 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
War Bringer
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller
Location: Eden Facility 3 Project: Sigma (Testing) In.The.Center.Of.The.Storm

Post by War Bringer »

i just hope that when the site is complete, maps and reviews get their own place so the reviews don't get lost under posts.

as far as the reviews, i think the only one who do them other then you are a few map rats, and i trust what they say. i think you guys are doin a great job. and when i get time (real free time) i'll get to being a critic about tile placement and the look of the maps.

~damn it endocore! your trees are awsome!~
"...Half a man's corpse laid on the hallway floor starring at itself,
probably wondering what had happened to the rest of his body..."
- Brothers Of The Dark

Our Host!