Duck and Cover Forum Index

Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Support DAC!
 Rate Reviewers View next topic
View previous topic
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 11:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought of creating this topic, after creating the "Quagmire Review" one. I did the review just before slleping(obvious by the zounds of errors) and I've been wondering if I did it justice. So what you think? Did I?

Also I'm getting to think this subject(reviews) is not a very popular one amongst you, despite my initial beliefs, so if someone doesn't write about some, I think i'll take a short(or longer) break from it after finishing the JB2&3 review.

Finally, and if we continuedoing it, this thread is meant for making comments about all reviewers(are they doing a good job, biased looking deep inside the map etc.). After all, if you're gonna judge others, you might as well be prepared to be judged yourself. So far though, I'm the only one existing, so go ahead and pick your shovels! smile
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 1:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think yer doin' a good job with the reviews. Of course, the more detail, the better smile
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 1:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, its good to know from someone I reviewd! Kinda feels like a techer being judged for his/her ability to teach by his students! icon_mrhappy
endocore
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 9:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you're doing a fine job, Flamescreen. I particularly like your sort of "design philosphy" focused comments, as most folks who respond (to me at least) on a map usually focus on things like which battle they enjoyed most (not that I don't like hearing about that stuff as well). If I get some time I'll try to post some reviews of maps by others that I've played and enjoyed myself, as I think this sort of thing is fairly important work.

Endocore
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you Endocore for sharing your thoughts in this thread. Its good to hear you aprove my reviews, as I thought I may have hurt your map by not reviewing to the best of my abilities, and that would not be my intention in reviewing a map.

Primarily I want to focus to the parts of a map that are the most appealing ones, and design philosophy of course is quite important(to me at least). Combat is important also, but this is a Fallout game, so despite the editor and game limitations, I like seeing that the designer had a plan for the map other than pure combat, if making sociological comments, etc.

Thats not to say I don't enjoy combat focused ones. I'll give the "day of the dead"(or something to that effect) map as an example of that.

update: it's supposed to read "Evil Dead" up there.

Last edited by Flamescreen on Tue Jun 04, 2002 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
War Bringer
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Location: Eden Facility 3 Project: Sigma (Testing) In.The.Center.Of.The.Storm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 4:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i just hope that when the site is complete, maps and reviews get their own place so the reviews don't get lost under posts.

as far as the reviews, i think the only one who do them other then you are a few map rats, and i trust what they say. i think you guys are doin a great job. and when i get time (real free time) i'll get to being a critic about tile placement and the look of the maps.

~damn it endocore! your trees are awsome!~

Jump to:  

View next topic
View previous topic