The Fall will ship with an editor

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

The Fall will ship with an editor

Post by Mr. Teatime »

<strong>[Game -> Update]</strong>

Though I thought it was confirmed ages ago, the latest <a href="http://www.silver-style.com/">Silverstyle</a> newsletter states <a href="http://www.the-fall.com">The Fall</a> will ship with an editor:
<br>
<br><blockquote>It's official: The editor of The Fall will be shipped with the game. Have fun developing your own Mod!</blockquote>
<br>
<br>Editors are always good to have. It means even if the game sucks, something may be salvaged from the engine.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

If it doesn't suck itself, and in this case, it looks like shit.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Cmon, it cant be as bas as Fallout:Craptics.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Or can it?
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Na, only POS can be that bad.

(in mind theyre equaly bad. POS had no FO elements, while Craptics clung to a few FO elements, which clouds it's shittyness from the hapless people.)
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

i must be hapless,
i enjoyed FOT, maybe not as much as FO or FO2, but then FOT wasnt really an RPG in the FO sense.

Roll on the boring debate for the millionth time. Besides this is a thread on The Fall, stick to it ye big gimp! lol :)

Silverstyle had a nice little PA game a while ago, Soldiers of Anarchy, i actually really liked it, in fact it was very like FOT in some ways. Nice weapons, and vehicles, nice controllable camera and zoom. excellent starting plot which ended as an average plot. I for one will buy The Fall when its released. So far it seems like a decent PA game, and there isnt much in the PA pipeline at present besides stalker
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Though I have to admit FOT was kind of enjoyable for the first 3 battles, SoA was trully shit.
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

The Fall runs at like 10FPS so no, nothing really good will come from it.
Darwin_187
Respected
Respected

Seconded

Post by Darwin_187 »

avenger69ie wrote:Silverstyle had a nice little PA game a while ago, Soldiers of Anarchy, i actually really liked it, in fact it was very like FOT in some ways. Nice weapons, and vehicles, nice controllable camera and zoom. excellent starting plot which ended as an average plot. I for one will buy The Fall when its released. So far it seems like a decent PA game, and there isnt much in the PA pipeline at present besides stalker
Damn straight, and though SoA kinda crapped out at the end, I still think it was an extremely entertaining and fairly challenging game.

Fraknly, I'm still kinda mystified about why silver style is recieving the kinda hate it's been getting- anyone willing to enlighten me?
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Their number was drawn out of a hat.
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

Darwin, its because they expessed interest in the FO license when interplay died eventually. lol

needless to say that didnt bode to well for them with us FO fans, but i like silverstyle, and i still reckon they could have made a playable version of FO3 while sticking to the FO universe and theme, unlike interplay who fouled up and raped the shit out of FO bigtime with FO:BOS.

Still, its nice to know someone is making sure of FO's future... I for one will be crossing my fingers at the time of release... if it ever gets off the ground that is.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

This editor news was confirmed in the Fall Diary #8
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

1 - Soldiers of Anarchy was brutally shit.

2 - Carsten preyed on the idiots at NMA and the Interplay boards, making himself out to be THE SAVIOUR OF FALLOUT! riding in on his white stallion to buy the license and finish Van Buren, to the point that he hired Puuk for like two months.

3 - Carsten is generally an ass, as proven by the time he came here and refused to discuss criticism levelled at him. By which I mean actual valid criticisms of his game and not just the "CARSTEN SUCKS" stuff I like to do now.

4 - The Fall genuinely looks like a bad game. Silver Style have consistently proven themselves to be crap and nothing in The Fall sounds interesting to me at all.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

nice opinions spazmo, but wheres the fact?
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

The fact? Well, you're entirely welcome to have enjoyed Soldiers of Anarchy, but I and several others fucking hated it. And to deny that Carsten's showing up right after the VB fiasco and presenting himself as THE SAVIOUR OF FALLOUT to the point that he hired Puuk and some BIS janitor wasn't a load of PR bullshit is ludicrous.

RPG Codex
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

in his defense, he's a fallout fan same as all of us here, he's also head of silverstyle and had the means to take VB from out of the trash and turn it into something, you may think it would have been shit, at least he wanted to see it done. And it may well have been shit.. we'll never know.

I see Carsten and silverstyle as allies not enemies when it comes to FO. I think it was a noble sentiment for Carsten to actually consider taking VB from interplay when it was doomed to oblivion.

i dont care really who makes it, so long as its made in the same fashion that FO and FO2 were.
Bethdesoft is just as big a gamble in my opinion.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I'd rather have Bethesda making a high quality FO game that isn't 100% canon, then having SS make a low quality trash game not 100% canon, and with bad translation.
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

He never had a hope or likely actual plans to get Van Buren! It was a load of crap right from the start. He was just using a convenient opportunity to promote The Fall among Fallout fans desperate for some substitute to Van Buren.

RPG Codex
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

lol but most fallout fans already knew about the Fall, prior to interplay going bust.
Our Host!