Name a SINGLE new feature you want in FO3.

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Something they should definitely do is get Ron Perlman as the narrotar again. He did F1, F2 and Tactics; his voice has always been the voice of Fallout to me.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Retlaw83 wrote:Something they should definitely do is get Ron Perlman as the narrotar again. He did F1, F2 and Tactics; his voice has always been the voice of Fallout to me.
To me, the voice has always been the sound of a crying teen sayin "Why did you rape me there?"

EDIT:
Disregard that.
I agree.
EDIT(again):
With retlaw that is.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Mismatch wrote: To me, the voice has always been the sound of a crying teen sayin "Why did you rape me there?"
That's not the voice of Fallout. That's the voice of the 14-16 year olds I'm keeping prisoner in my basement.
- the Vault Dweller
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

hmmm

Post by Janus Matchell »

Retlaw83 wrote:
Mismatch wrote: To me, the voice has always been the sound of a crying teen sayin "Why did you rape me there?"
That's not the voice of Fallout. That's the voice of the 14-16 year olds I'm keeping prisoner in my basement.
I'm pretty sure the voice of fallout is Ron Pearlman also whatever happened to relevance in topics that has nothing to do with what you would like to see in fallout3.

One thing I would like to see is a system to where you can build your own damn armor and maybe even modify your vehicles if there are any.
Ignore my warnings and pay no heed then your live will be ended shortly indeed!

Post by Guest »

What would totally kick ass is if buildings were alot more interactive. By that I mean: if someone is in a tent, you should just be able to shoot through the side. A tent isn't exactly bulletproof. Another thing would be: say there are about 20 or so mutants in a building. If you could burn it down or blow it up, that would kill some and weaken the rest. That, I think would give the game a whole different aspect.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

fallout ranger wrote:What would totally kick ass is if buildings were alot more interactive. By that I mean: if someone is in a tent, you should just be able to shoot through the side. A tent isn't exactly bulletproof. Another thing would be: say there are about 20 or so mutants in a building. If you could burn it down or blow it up, that would kill some and weaken the rest. That, I think would give the game a whole different aspect.
About the tent, how'd you know where to aim? It's not like tents are see through now is it?
As for burning down a building... GREAT IDEA, it'd never occur to the mutants just to leave the building or to extinguish the fire.

However, letting ppl catch fire if hit by a molotov or a flamer would be nice.

Post by Guest »

Mismatch wrote:About the tent, how'd you know where to aim?
Maybe there's three guys inside and you just spray the side of the tent eh? It's not like you can *aim* through a tent. And mebbe if you hit someone with a flamer, like in FO1/2 they dance around a bit, but if they run into someone, guess who else catches fire? Like a chain reaction, maybe let it happen to your charachter too?
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Soldiers:HOWW2 has a nicely interactive environment. You can set fire to trees and fields to drive out or kill the enemy. Some buildings can be destroyed by simple explosives, some by more powerful explosives, and some can't be destroyed. I prefer building walls that can be breached ala Jagged Alliance. It brings a better level of realism to the game. Even FOT had the ability to have destroyable walls and doors.

Post by Guest »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:Even FOT had the ability to have destroyable walls and doors.
But there are'nt any in the game. Damn.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

yeah

Post by Janus Matchell »

Destructible environments are awesome so how's about being able to gather the materials need to build structures like house, sheds, forts, bunkers,etc. It would pretty cool if it also gave you that level of interaction within the game because then you could make use of the Science and Repair skills instead of them being useless.
Ignore my warnings and pay no heed then your live will be ended shortly indeed!
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Re: yeah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Janus Matchell wrote:Destructible environments are awesome so how's about being able to gather the materials need to build structures like house, sheds, forts, bunkers,etc. It would pretty cool if it also gave you that level of interaction within the game because then you could make use of the Science and Repair skills instead of them being useless.
I believe they've already made that game.

Its called the Sims. You might have heard of it.
- the Vault Dweller
Aneurysm
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Aneurysm »

Silent storm is the game that has the better destructible environment habilty in my opinion , almost anything can be destroyed , u just need to have the right fire power.
But in fallout 3 I dont think a destructible environment would be very important. In comparison with other things such as a good dialogue system or quests and game story in general , a destructible environment is secondary in a rpg.
:dead: In remembrance of Porcu :dead:

Post by Guest »

My last post in this topic (I hope).

The point of an RPG is to make you feel like real life. There fore the more ways you have to do things the better.

What I'd like in FO3 is:

A decent flamer, the one in tactics couldn't have been worse.

The "ask about" option they had in FO1, that would have been great if they'd expanded it's capabilities.
jerman999
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by jerman999 »

More interactivity with townspeople and other NPC's (more trade/dialogue options).

Post by Guest »

I fuess I lied. Oh well. What I'd like to see in FO3 would be the ability to use your guns as melee weapons, i.e. buttstroke, pistol whip. Nice.
Lunchmeat
Strider
Strider

Post by Lunchmeat »

I would like a system that lets you talk your way out of combat after it's started. This woudn't work in every scenario, of course. That or a way to have combat end without killing anyone. Barfights in Fallout always tended to turn into bloodbaths.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Lunchmeat wrote:I would like a system that lets you talk your way out of combat after it's started. This woudn't work in every scenario, of course. That or a way to have combat end without killing anyone. Barfights in Fallout always tended to turn into bloodbaths.
Perhaps they should implement weapons specifically designed to knock targets out? You know, go the FoT route with a neurodisrupter, rubber bullets and the like.
- the Vault Dweller
First Force
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by First Force »

indeed they have to keep the original opening voice dude, they must!
but reading about the crossbow part, nah leave that out, put deplyable traps in, more explosives like in jagged alliance 2 you could blow up walls, that was nice
You are losing it, doesn`t matter, let`s close our eyes and wake up from this dream.....
-------------------------------
Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity.
-------------------------------
Tc63
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Tc63 »

OK, probably been said already, how about akimbo weapons? and better gang organization. And an more emphasise on collecting food and water to help you travel. Oh, and the ability to capture or tie up opponents.
SuperElman
SDF!
SDF!

pc town

Post by SuperElman »

I liked the idea of a PC town that was metioned in VB. Just the opportunity to customize your enviroment would be enjoyable. Also I would like to stick with the idea of staying away from the vault dweller and that story, I think it would be more interesting to see the Fallout world from a new point of view.

Sorry if this was already mentioned this thread is getting long.
Who are these people?
Our Host!