Logo Competition Ends

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Logo Competition Ends

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[Community -> Update]</strong>

Well, today is September 1st, and that was the day we semi-agreed the Logo Competition would end. So, I would just like to thank all of you that submitted material to either the <b>Logo Competition</b> or the <b>Subtitle Competition</b>. You guys did a good job.
<br>
<br>As for the winner of the Logo competition....we're going to be keeping the suspense up until the release of the new site design, so stay tuned!
the jackal
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by the jackal »

Goddamnit I was going to make a logo. Sonuvabitch.
I AM the jackal
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

I hope you break your fingers so you can never post here again you SDF.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

I GUESS you can make a logo if you really want to...it has to be reeeealllly good to be considered though. Don't post it here though, just e-mail it to me at kingofcreation @ duckandcover . cx
Last edited by King of Creation on Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

NMA's new graph. layout is worse than the previous one, hope we're not in for getting some fancy kewl OMG postapAc l33t stuFF.
I want it simple but classy, modest but moody, Fallout but not Enforcer.
Are you gonna implement this picture from the FO Manual that had "Duck and cover" caption?
Guess this is up to particular designers and their work, but it's just a hint about what could make sense..
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

I think it mainly depends on what the artists made and submited.
Obsydian
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Obsydian »

Yes the curent NMA layout it's unfinished but its not my fault :), i made final one but Odin's liked the unfinished one so now it is as it is. I can make some concept layout for DAC. If anybody likes my works - www.michalcichon.tk
.SHAMO : shamo.gry-online.pl : The Biggest Polish Fallout Community.
PiP

Post by PiP »

Obsydian, your design for Shamo, the present one and the previous one (I assume their yours), are pretty smooth. Yet I think some decission has already been made about how new DAC dasign should be made/chosen. I'm just guessing though, I only know there is this 'new logo competition' thing, but I don't know about the rest of the design. Can people responsible clarify the matter?

By the way, personally I think it'd be a bad thing to have ONE person make design for both DAC and NMA, and SHAMO, and whatever else you've made. I don't like the monopolistic and homogenous feel of it.

And you might consider fixing those SHAMO links in your sig. (is it really THE biggest Polish F Community? what about SAD and 13schron and VDHP? dunno, just asking)
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

PiP, Obsydian has been involved in the 'redesign' for a while, there are two designs we're considering (Obsydian's and someone elses), though it's possible we may be able to implement both as a user choice, like a 'theme', and even keep the old design as a choice as well, if the coding is done well. Both look very good, and Obsydian's is pretty different from his NMA one. Both need some finalising work though, so I'm in contact with Obsydian (or trying to get in contact with him) and King of Creation is handling the other design. Hopefully it won't take too long. Both designs are very different from each other so I am hoping we will be able to have both as a selectable theme.
PiP

Post by PiP »

Mr. Teatime wrote: it's possible we may be able to implement both as a user choice, like a 'theme', and even keep the old design as a choice as well
sounds fine.
Then again, design contributes to the distinctive feel of a site (at least DAC's), and I guess the distinctive feel is among the things that make particular people come and stay (though verbal content is more important). So if we have three so divergent designs, aren't we risking that people will have different reception and experience, hence the community will be less.. of an inter-bound body with shared sentiments manifested, among other things, by some graphic icons in the minds of its members?
(sorry for boring you, I'm sort of into cognitive science)
Last edited by PiP on Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Possibly, at the moment the final designs of either of the concepts aren't available so I'll know more when I see them...
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Obsydian is a goddamn design genius and he'd be my first choice to create the visual theme of any website.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

Me too, especially if the other candidate is that goddamn one with the flash in it.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

According to the general concensus, there won't be any flash.

I don't know what you people have against flash, though...makes sites looks good and professional, especially if the whole site isn't in flash.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Obsydian
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Obsydian »

PiP wrote:And you might consider fixing those SHAMO links in your sig. (is it really THE biggest Polish F Community? what about SAD and 13schron and VDHP? dunno, just asking)
The Shamo is the Community cement it take all sites together and its one and only active polish forum. But the SAD, 13Schron, VDHP are only infos site about Fallout Saga and they are a part in it, but the main foundations are Shamo and his Forum.

Mr. Teatime: here is some fast contact to me ;] mic(at)id.pl or jeremiah(at)tlen.pl

To all thx for word of approbation and i'm very happy that u like my work i'm always ready to help and support any of the fallout site or fallout projects. It will be my pleasure to help DAC in any possible way and make it active and prossper as in old good days.

And one word about design - i don't have ane objections about useing flash in design, but it must be used with head ;].

and here are some my previous not used design or not completly implemented:
NMA
NUKE
K.S.G.R.
Rusty Wastelands

and redesign art work ;]
Poseidon Oil
PiP

Post by PiP »

thanks for info Obs.
BTW, I'm awaiting your authorisation at tlen - just in case you don't know who the hell it might be (doesn't mean you gotta grant it though).
Obsydian
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Obsydian »

Your authorisation is confirmed ;]
Obsydian
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Obsydian »

And what are the result of this competition ? ;]
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

which logo competition?

guys, stop doing things without me.
D:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I didn't know it was a competition, I thought it was more of like "SOMEONE MAKE US A DESIGN PLZ", which was said a long time ago.
Our Host!