Doom 3

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Janus Matchell wrote:also won't they need to change the system a bit to make the encounters with enemies a little bit more widescale so that they can have big battles on earth. it would be awesome so if they make Doom 4 won't they make a Doom 5:Final Doom or do you think they will stop whoring the game out after 4?
Since the demons change quite a bit of Earth to suite their needs, Doom 4 could potentially have anything in it. But I don't think anything would allow the Doom 3 engine to render big outdoor environments except for a very fast computer.

Final Doom was a collection of very good usermade levels (each of which was available for free off the internet) that was combined by id into a full game. So, theoretically, they could make a second Final Doom if they are good user created levels out there and id is willing to pay them for the levels.

Also, I'd like to note that if you've played all the Doom games, they all ooze quality and you'll notice that the game has never been whored out.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

yeah

Post by Janus Matchell »

I guess your right there about all those accounts. I just wanna see Los Angelos ravaged by demons and such. I jus think they might be able to find a way to make the engine to where they can make a computer handle large battles.
Ignore my warnings and pay no heed then your live will be ended shortly indeed!
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Wouldn't mind seeing a spruced up Doom2 version. Kinda like Halo 2 with Demons.

Doom3. Got it, played it, finished it. Bosses are easy/lame. It's a sad day when the final boss can't land a hit on you.

Weapons, although generic, were well done. Although the smoke the chainsaw generated practically made it unusable. Also, until I editted the config file the game was practically a pain in the arse due to no muzzle flash.

Monsters were cool, although I would of loved to see monsters decide to turn against one another. By far the Revernaut was the take-no-shit demon that would turn around the happily chase after the imp that hit him with a fireball. A shame the imp would just let himself get smacked to a pulp while he kept throwing fireballs at you.

The log system (ala System Shock) although well done, could of been better. The voice acting in them was well done, and the cool little touches like "martian buddy" spam was funny, there was practically no urgency in the audio logs. The best log in the game came from the guy in hell who got seperated, mainly because of the voice acting and the situation he reported in. A couple of logs being recorded moments before the invasion wouild of been infinantly cool. As would of been logs of those who tried to hold out.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

snzzy

Post by Janus Matchell »

Stainless wrote:Wouldn't mind seeing a spruced up Doom2 version. Kinda like Halo 2 with Demons.

Doom3. Got it, played it, finished it. Bosses are easy/lame. It's a sad day when the final boss can't land a hit on you.

Weapons, although generic, were well done. Although the smoke the chainsaw generated practically made it unusable. Also, until I editted the config file the game was practically a pain in the arse due to no muzzle flash.

Monsters were cool, although I would of loved to see monsters decide to turn against one another. By far the Revernaut was the take-no-shit demon that would turn around the happily chase after the imp that hit him with a fireball. A shame the imp would just let himself get smacked to a pulp while he kept throwing fireballs at you.

The log system (ala System Shock) although well done, could of been better. The voice acting in them was well done, and the cool little touches like "martian buddy" spam was funny, there was practically no urgency in the audio logs. The best log in the game came from the guy in hell who got seperated, mainly because of the voice acting and the situation he reported in. A couple of logs being recorded moments before the invasion wouild of been infinantly cool. As would of been logs of those who tried to hold out.
As cool as the graphics were in DOOM 3 I can pretty much agree with all that Stainless was saying. I mean for crying outloud it kinda reminded me of Half Life on Mars but with DOOM's damage system for weapons.

Post by Guest »

The smoke from the chainsaw was repulsive. No way a chainsaw puts out that much smoke.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

hmmm

Post by Janus Matchell »

Chainsaws can put out that much smoke if they are not well maintained and kept in proper working order.

Re: hmmm

Post by Guest »

Janus Matchell wrote:Chainsaws can put out that much smoke if they are not well maintained and kept in proper working order.
Or if they use the wrong kind of fuel. Like putting WD-40 in it instead of gasoline. :lol:
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Janus Matchell »

fallout ranger wrote:
Janus Matchell wrote:Chainsaws can put out that much smoke if they are not well maintained and kept in proper working order.
Or if they use the wrong kind of fuel. Like putting WD-40 in it instead of gasoline. :lol:
:finger: lol sorry I coudn't resist.
So have there been any official announcements as whether or not that they are going to make DOOM 4?

Post by Guest »

Janus Matchell wrote: :finger:
:tears:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Stainless wrote:Although the smoke the chainsaw generated practically made it unusable.
I've always thought of the chainsaw as a desperation weapon, so its bound to have operating problems. On my system, though, the smoke doesn't interfere with using the chainsaw. Perhaps the smoke changes based on quality settings?
- the Vault Dweller
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

lol

Post by Janus Matchell »

Retlaw83 wrote:
Stainless wrote:Although the smoke the chainsaw generated practically made it unusable.
I've always thought of the chainsaw as a desperation weapon, so its bound to have operating problems. On my system, though, the smoke doesn't interfere with using the chainsaw. Perhaps the smoke changes based on quality settings?
Retlaw gets it right again because my system doesn't lag too bad when I use the chainsaw but hey I never use as I rather use my flashlight instead as bludgeoning weapon. Hey why are the bosses in DOOM 3 such pussies? So far I am able to figure out their pattern and kill them.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

The main problem I had with the smoke from the chainsaw was how it obstructed my view. Granted, it's a desperation weapon. But a desperation weapon that cuts like a hot knife through butter against imps, zombies and commandos.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

so

Post by Janus Matchell »

Hey is it just me or was that last boss fight in DOOM 3 easy. I whooped up on that CyberDemon with that soulcube lickety split and there wasn't much of a challange.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I'm starting to get the feeling I'm the only one who hasn't finished this game yet.
- the Vault Dweller
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Janus Matchell »

Retlaw83 wrote:I'm starting to get the feeling I'm the only one who hasn't finished this game yet.
Sorry about ruining the game for you there Retlaw83.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

You didn't ruin it - I'd expect it to end in a fight with a cyberdemon.
- the Vault Dweller
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

ok

Post by Janus Matchell »

Just remember that there is a SHITLOAD of IMPS on the last level. SO remember this pattern Kill Imps, Use Soul Cube, Hide and repeat.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I was a regular Cyberdemon slayer back in the day. I think I'll figure it out.

I like to go rocket launcher-el-rocket launcher with them, though.
- the Vault Dweller
Our Host!