Is it true Brian Fargo owns Wasteland Rights?

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Maximous
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Is it true Brian Fargo owns Wasteland Rights?

Post by Maximous »

Over at NMA in an interview with Feargus Urquhart....at the end....NMA says that Fargo "Owns" Wasteland.....is that True?!?!?!?!

Thanks
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Wrong Forum....

But, yes, Fargo has secured Wasteland. It's actually pretty old news.
Here's a snip from an interview with him:
GameSpy: Do you potentially have access to any other IP from Interplay's past, or be interested in working on it?

Brian Fargo: Well normally I wouldn't comment on it, but because of the public records of it ... We've also secured the Wasteland trademark. And there's no issues with that. That was actually kind of a funny story. Konami got the Wasteland mark and I went to Konami and asked what they were doing with it. They were using it as one of their umpteen-million Yu-Gi-Oh! characters, like Wasteland Rick or something crazy like that. And I said "Can I use it?" and they said "Oh no, we want to use it as one of our many characters." And finally they decided that they're really not going to exploit it anymore so they let the mark lapse and I stepped in and filed it and now it's been granted to me. So obviously that's the way I was hoping EA would behave, which may or may not be the case. I'll know in the next two or three weeks.

So there ya have it.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Maximous
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

OK....that last line

Post by Maximous »

Thanks.....I read that article too....it was the last line...about EA....and Waiting 2 weeks that confused me. That is an older article...however, Brian said he did have the rights to Wasteland....and that waiting business....well that was a long time ago. I just hope EA didn't step in and muck it up is all.

Thanks Again.
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

He had to struck a deal with the Yo-Gi-Ho company, since they owned the wasteland name because of an expansion they once did. Sounds silly but it`s true.
Role-Player
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Re: OK....that last line

Post by Role-Player »

Maximous wrote:Thanks.....I read that article too....it was the last line...about EA....and Waiting 2 weeks that confused me. That is an older article...however, Brian said he did have the rights to Wasteland....and that waiting business....well that was a long time ago. I just hope EA didn't step in and muck it up is all.
Honest question time: why the fuckety fuck do people write things with an excess of punctuation like this?
Your idols speak so much of the abyss, yet your morals only run as deep as the surface.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Maybe he was out of breath.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Role-Player wrote:Honest question time: why the fuckety fuck do people write things with an excess of punctuation like this?
Honest question time : Why is excess punctuation so apparently grating to you ? :drunk:
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Honest question time: Shut the fuck up?
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Now, now...let's keep it civil...

Say PLEASE next time.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Franz_Schubert wrote:Honest question time: Shut the fuck up?
Honest question time : Do you really expect your suggestion to be acted upon, if so, do you therefore intend to conduct yourself as a twat ? :drunk:
Role-Player
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Role-Player »

Blargh wrote:Honest question time : Why is excess punctuation so apparently grating to you ? :drunk:
Because it doesn't serve any purpose, and because i can't come up with a valid reason for people to go to such lenghts to post like that. It's also disruptive if used massively in a board. And excess punctuation murdered my pet canary.
Your idols speak so much of the abyss, yet your morals only run as deep as the surface.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

It uses bandwitdh D:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

@ Role-Player - That's fair enough I suppose, also I extend my sincere condolences for your poor canary. :drunk:
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Hey, King, when you move a topic, tell it not to leave a 'shadow topic in old forum' because that essentially defeats the purpose of moving the thread.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

LOL King got served.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

I like to let my shadow grow....
Our Host!