Anyone else have this problem?

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Anyone else have this problem?

Post by PaladinHeart »

If I click on the map name, and then click open, it says it failed to locate the file. But if I double click it, it opens it up. I don't understand it, but I hope it doesn't have any conflicts during campaign play.

The individual maps test OK though.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I get it too. I guess its just a quirk of the editor. I didn't notice until you said something because I've always double-clicked to open maps.

Some others quirks I've found is that the editor suite occasionally tries to access the internet on startup, and sometimes when trying to save an entity that has already been saved while you're working on it gives an error message declaring it a "null entity".
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

RE

Post by PaladinHeart »

Yeah I think you have to reload the entity if you want to make more changes. I've had that happen a few times. Irritating.

The biggest thing I don't like though, is some of the tiles clipping and/or partially disappearing.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
quietfanatic
Respected
Respected

Post by quietfanatic »

If I click on the map name, and then click open, it says it failed to locate the file.
It shouldn't do anything in regards to campaigns.

When you select the mission, it appears in the name field, however, for some reason it leaves out the .mis extention. Just add .mis if you want to open the mission without using the mouse. (Not that there would be any point)

I can't see how the editor would have anything to do with the internet, as you don't have to register it and the purpose would mean their is no point in having internet access. Maybe you have some spyware interfering or something. Run spybot search and destroy just to be safe.
Forgive my ignorance master.
DIE...die weak fool (cue Bozar death)
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

It doesn't happen all the time. But when I was using it behind a firewall at my friend's house, one of the five or six times I started it up I got a message saying "program 'ft tools.exe' is trying to access the internet".
- the Vault Dweller
quietfanatic
Respected
Respected

Post by quietfanatic »

Very strange. I have no idea what is going on, but I still recommend that you run some adware stuff. When I ran spybot I was suprised to find hundreds of dialers and other assorted nasties.
Forgive my ignorance master.
DIE...die weak fool (cue Bozar death)
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I use spybot weekly. Its truly awesome.
- the Vault Dweller
Our Host!