STALKER interview

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

STALKER interview

Post by Mr. Teatime »

<strong>[ -> Interview]</strong>

<a href="http://www.homelanfed.com/">HomeLAND Fed</a> has <a href="http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id= ... rviewed</a> <b>Oleg V. Yavorsky</b> about <a href="http://www.stalker-game.com/">STALKER</a>.
<br>
<br><blockquote><b>HomeLAN - How would you officially classify the gameplay for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.? Is it a first person shooter? Is it a RPG?</b>
<br>
<br>Oleg V. Yavorsky - It's a first person shooter game with many other touches, such as survival factor, item trade, NPC communication, freedom of actions and so on. So that effectively means for successful gaming the player will need to apply a bit more than straightforward shooting-he will sometimes have to be stealthy, frugal about ammunition and food, take care of restoring his energy through sleep, be helpful to dealers to get their friendly attitude and so on.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>Nothing new, but it's a (relatively) interesting read.
<br>
<br>Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=25073">HomeLAN Fed</A>
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Pity it's been delayed another 8 months and nobody will give a shit. I think it must have been delayed about 2 years now.

Leak beta please.
:chew:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

There was this alpha which was leaked, the one used for the first physic trailer, like milleniums ago.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

it wasn't even alpha, it was a tech demo for making screenshots to post them in the Net.
Grimnar
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Grimnar »

Megatron wrote:Pity it's been delayed another 8 months and nobody will give a shit. I think it must have been delayed about 2 years now.

Leak beta please.

Yeah leak a beta so everyone can see what a badly optimized POS that engine is. If anyone know of a movie that shows playable fps during action, please link to it here ...

Just dont have the energy to care about this game anymore.
"We have OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone-scorpions" -Chucky Cuevas
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Wow you suck. The movies look fine.
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by bloodbathmaster2 »

Yeah. The Movies look more than fine. I can't wait until the game comes out.
One day...
Grimnar
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Grimnar »

s4ur0n27 wrote:Wow you suck. The movies look fine.

hehe real mature there ... anyway, look at the movies, look at them and tell me thats playable fps they get during firefights. It could be how the movies are compressed, but if it was, it would run like crap at all times?

Im not saying the fps is shit to annoy anyone, im just saying what i see.
"We have OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone-scorpions" -Chucky Cuevas
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I don't know what you're seeing, but I think the FPS looks decent. You probably watched the first 2 trailers from 2003 or something. The new ones look nice, and the leaked "alpha" or whatever you wanna call it worked more than fine on my computer.
Grimnar
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Grimnar »

s4ur0n27 wrote:I don't know what you're seeing, but I think the FPS looks decent. You probably watched the first 2 trailers from 2003 or something. The new ones look nice, and the leaked "alpha" or whatever you wanna call it worked more than fine on my computer.

Well mainly i got upset from watching the movies showing off AI and vehicles etc. They had a british narrator explaining everything. But if you got an Alpha build and it ran fine ill take your word for it.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Hmm, weren't the E3 trailers narrated by a russian guy?
Grimnar
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Grimnar »

s4ur0n27 wrote:Hmm, weren't the E3 trailers narrated by a russian guy?
If he was russian he had a flawless british accent ;) ill see if i can find those clips again.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

They're on the official site. It doesn't matter much though, eh?
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

There are trailers on 3dGamers, and they look fire during gun fights (he sneaks up and kills 3 dudes in one too, cant really do that when you're lagging...).
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

There was a trailer released a while ago where 3 dudes were talking and the player killed them all. But it was all scripted. Then it showed all these monsters and shit running about, but they're the same colour as the terrain so it looks like quake.

Then there's some other bit and it finishes. Overall I thought it looked pretty muddy. The AI wasn't anything too advanced, guards just stood still and kept shooting while monsters just ran/jumped at you.

I'm not really looking forward to the game. It was meant to be released summer 2002 as a sort of unreal 2 shooter with temples and shit. They then decided everything they'd done was shit so started again. September 2003. Several delays later and it's now meant to be March 2005. I'm guessing it'll drag towards the summer.

Mabye they'll do a couple dozen more interviews in the mean-time, since I don't think they've repeated everything yet.
:chew:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I think it's due for christmas?

Post by Guest »

WTF happened to megatron?
PiP

Post by PiP »

mebbe he got some cute wee lassie at his cribs? no lettin 'er go for some time and doing the dirty? just a wild guess.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

That is very likely.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

He's posting on Something Awful now, I think. Story of your life?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Our Host!