Troika's PA game screenshots

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

bloodbathmaster2 wrote:I wouldn't worry so much about Bethesda developing Fo3 if I were you guys. Morrowind was well done and its worth giving them a shot to do something besides the Elder Scrolls series. And if they fail, we have this lovely PA game being made by our dream team at Troika.
Okie dokie. Let's try reading all the information before we post next time, 'kay?
------------------
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Saint, you need to change your sig to duckandcover.cx D:
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

The most likely explanation I've heard (from Dhruin at RPGDot) is that Troika built a tech demo of FO3, to show whoever was backing their bid for the license. Because Troika needed funding to make a bid.... and so they showed their bidders that they were serious and could produce results, and that they had an engine in place..... this would also fit in with the time frame of these screenshots which would be at least a few months ago, because currently all Troika has been working on is Vampire.

I just hope they manage to make it, I'm not bothered if it's called 'fallout' or not.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I'm with Teatime on this one. I play Fallout because I enjoy it, not because the name. I suppose another way of looking at it is to look at what Fallout was. It was the Spiritual successor to Wasteland. If it turns out Bestheda screws this one up like we're predicting, then maybe Troika can make the spiritual succesor to Fallout.
Harriers for the cup.
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by bloodbathmaster2 »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:Okie dokie. Let's try reading all the information before we post next time, 'kay?
No where in the first post does it say anything about Troika's PA game being pout on hold. So far as I can tell, that is only a rumor. A rumor that I'm choosing to disregard.

And as for Wolfman Wait, I can only say that Morrowind was a hundred times more fun and replayable than ToEE. Don't get me wrong. I loved ToEE, but I became extremely disinterested in the game after only a a week of playing. While ToEE had a well built engine and fine tuned combat system, the story and atmospere of the game was crap. Not Troika's fault, really. That fault lies with that bastard Gary Gynax.
One day...
Lunchmeat
Strider
Strider

Re: Troika's PA game screenshots

Post by Lunchmeat »

Ausir wrote:Currently the game which might have been made into Fallout 3 if Bethseda didn't buy the license is on hold.
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

Mr. Teatime wrote:The most likely explanation I've heard (from Dhruin at RPGDot) is that Troika built a tech demo of FO3, to show whoever was backing their bid for the license.
Nope. We've seen concept art for this game before even Van Buren was canned. They were just making a brand new post-apoc game, but they would probably use the engine for FO3 instead if they got the license.
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

bloodbathmaster2 wrote: While ToEE had a well built engine and fine tuned combat system, the story and atmospere of the game was crap. .
Funnily, I could say the same about Morrowind, except the combat system.
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Re: Troika's PA game screenshots

Lunchmeat wrote:
Ausir wrote:Currently the game which might have been made into Fallout 3 if Bethseda didn't buy the license is on hold.
Ah. Damn. I hope they resume its development soon, then.
One day...
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Wow. I haven't seen such blatent trolling here at DaC since Pyro got his ass banned. Where the hell are the mods?

/me curses his revoked powers
One day...
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I'm not entirely sure it's really LlamaGod making all these random hateful posts...He seemed like a good enough guy before DAC died, though he did flame me one time right after he joined. Any way to cross-check the IPs this late in the game?

Then again, I could just ask him in #fallout...But damn am I a lazy bastard.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Eh, he gets on these kicks every once in awhile. It's his Tourette's Syndrome kicking in.
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

ExtremeDrinker wrote:Any way to cross-check the IPs this late in the game?
Actually, yes. All mods have that power in PhPBB.
One day...
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Wolfman Walt wrote:
bloodbathmaster2 wrote:Morrowind was well done
Isn't there like a "Hit him in the face" button somewhere on my keyboard? I suppose you could say "Morrowind" was well done in the idea that it was complete, I wouldn't say it was "Well Done" in that it was fun for most all people. You also have to think that Bestheda caved in to Bill Money and made the game for X-Box causing it to be dumbed down. I think we've had enough of the "Bestheda sucks" argument though.

After playing ToEE - I'd much rather have Troika develop it. And thats without even remembering that Troika is mostly made up of people who WORKED on FO and FO2.
sorry, but it's bull. Morrowind "was "Well Done" in that it was fun for most all people", whether we like it or not - check reviews and stuff.
On the contrary ToEE was a lil bit of disappointment for its monotoneous setting and lacking story - somewhat resembling a dungeon-crawl hack n' slash. Though altogether i think it's rather good and I believe Troika is THE best developer for RPGs, yet I'm waiting for KOTOR2 from Obsidian. (edit: for some unknown reason I mistakenly wrote "Bloodlines" instead of "KOTOR2" in this post, but I've just fixed this stupid blunder <= written so that Sauron's post doesn't look stupid)
Last edited by PiP on Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Bloodlines is made by Troika though?
PiP

Post by PiP »

s4ur0n27 wrote:Bloodlines is made by Troika though?
oh f*ck... you're totally right and I have been reading the net too seldom, sorry for this idiotic post... so Obsidian is doing KOTOR 2, right? And Bloodlines is obviously from Troika, (which I pointed out as it's most promising aspect at some boards) I don't know what the hell came over me...
So, since it is KOTOR Obsidian is doing, Chris are Feargus are in for some bad ass whipping because - so it appears to me - FO fans seldom have warm feeling for SW ('cept PsychoSniper maybe)
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Actualy, I never play'd KOTOR.

No console newer than a SNES, and PC is so shitty it barley plays Craptics muchless something with high graphics requirments.
PiP

Post by PiP »

PsychoSniper wrote:Actualy, I never play'd KOTOR.
I naver claimed you did, I just got the impression you likes Star Wars stuff in general - from the manner you spoke of the author of "Fallout"-the book.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Yeah, he's one of my fav SW authors.

But if you go for SW books, ignore the New Jedi Order story arc.

It ignroes the canon storyline from the previous books, and has characthers out of characther all over.
Mostly cause lots of it's authors hadnt even read SW books before writng SW books.

Think of it like POS, but for SW novels.

And youda thought my avatar woulda clued ya off :P
Our Host!