Kerry-Edwards 2004

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Kerry-Edwards 2004

Post by Franz Schubert »

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... _president
It's official... I'm not surprised, because frankly, it's really Kerry's only chance of winning.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

I think it's the final nail in the coffin for his chances at winning the election. Edwards is a god damn communist. And he looks like a snake. Free health care for everybody is bullshit. He also wants to make it so after you die all of your belongings are handed over to the government.

Bush has NOTHING to worry about. Except maybe an assassination.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Mad Max RW wrote:Free health care for everybody is bullshit.
Fuck me for saying this out loud, but I really wanna: "That's debatable."

I'm personally getting really bored with American politics. Everyone who's been holding the real power in the last decades has been equally much of a cunt. They're all dirty and they all suck. I think I'll concentrate on domestic affairs in the future instead of this American style democracy.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Fuck all of them. The two party system is bullshit anyways. They're the same in the end.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Since when does a vice president make a real contribution to politics unless the president is dead?All Cheney does is look evil and count his oil profits ferchrissakes.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

I really questioned if he was alive after 9-11 where he was "in hiding" for about eight months. I think he died and they ressurrected him with the fucking Lazarus Pit out of Batman or something.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

jetbaby wrote:Fuck all of them. The two party system is bullshit anyways. They're the same in the end.
You should see Canada's.
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by bloodbathmaster2 »

Yeah. The two party system needs reviewing, but you know what, it's a hell of a lot better than a one party system. :P JJ86's right, though. Vice presidents don't do shit. Edwards is just there to look good and help win the election.
One day...
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Actually, depending on the circumstances, the VP does more work than the pres. Everybody knows Bush is a moron, and hardly does a god damn thing. It's Cheney and his pals going everywhere, making deals, and generally running the country. He's the reason why we're in Iraq in the first place.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

And take a look at the press releases etc. - Bush never talks when Cheney drinks water, check that out.
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

s4ur0n27 wrote:
jetbaby wrote:Fuck all of them. The two party system is bullshit anyways. They're the same in the end.
You should see Canada's.
More or less, you're damn right. I find the conservatives and Liberals to be all the same in the end. Yeah, the Conservatives brought in GST/PST and Chretien's a pot smoking gay marriage councilor but in today's world I find that the big dividing factor in Canadian political parties is whether the party leader is a Nationalist or a friend to the Americans.

The platforms of the 2 major parties are practically the same because most Canadians believe in teh same ideals. And hey, what right minded person would vote for Bloc Quebecois or Canada's Commie Ralph Nader, the NDP?
[Insert Finnish Name] wrote:Fuck me for saying this out loud, but I really wanna: "That's debatable."
Same.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

It's not a Finnish name, gittit? It means nothing, it has no meaning. Try searching "kashluk" on google and 78/80 hits you find are about me, goofing around on the internet. The rest is about some Russian swimmer chick, I couldn't really tell.
Last edited by Kashluk on Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

The Bloc Quebecois exists because not all Canadians actually believe in the same ideals.

Basically the differences between Liberals and Conservatives are abortion, army, gays and other moral matters, and if you're not concerned by one of these matters, you probably wouldn't notice the change between the Liberals and Conservatives.

Anyway, what's sad, IMHO, is that parties tend to differ only on paper. Electing one or another won't change anything in your immediate life, which is, I think, one of the reason why most young people aren't interested in politics. A party gets elected and then, afraid of being kicked out in 4 years, don't do shit.
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

The Bloc Quebecois exists because not all Canadians actually believe in the same ideals.
I don't consider Pro-Seperatist Quebecians to be true Canadians, but hey that's just me.
American Tourister
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by American Tourister »

Mad Max RW wrote:Bush has NOTHING to worry about. Except maybe an assassination.
In a few recent opinion poles his job approval rating has slipped below 50%. That is not a good sign for an incumbent president. Granted that Kerry/Edwards are pretty far to the left, but Bush/Cheney are pretty far to the right. All Kerry has to do is win the states that Gore won in 2000, plus another usually pro-democrat state like West Virginia, and he's in.
"...Curtis Lowe was the finest picker to ever play the blues"
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Canada's system's better, but it's a shame we don't have direct rep by pop.

Vote Nader! lewl
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

s4ur0n27 wrote:A party gets elected and then, afraid of being kicked out in 4 years, don't do shit.
There's no such thing as a perfect form of government, and democracy is no exception.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

It's the least crappiest, one could say.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Mr. Green wrote:
I don't consider Pro-Seperatist Quebecians to be true Canadians, but hey that's just me.
And I doubt they consider themselves true Canadians, and that's the whole fucking point of being a separatist. But then, what is a true Canadian? There is no such thing as a Canadian culture.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Well, ever heard of the Canadian tuxedo?
Our Host!