i need a sprit viewer

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
War Bringer
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller
Location: Eden Facility 3 Project: Sigma (Testing) In.The.Center.Of.The.Storm

i need a sprit viewer

Post by War Bringer »

for some reason, my old one from red doesn't work anymore.
"...Half a man's corpse laid on the hallway floor starring at itself,
probably wondering what had happened to the rest of his body..."
- Brothers Of The Dark

Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Any error messages?

When does it "not work"?

The only alternative I know of are the FRM-GIF converter from ABel (I think) and GRV (grapgic resource viewer).
War Bringer
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller
Location: Eden Facility 3 Project: Sigma (Testing) In.The.Center.Of.The.Storm

Post by War Bringer »

the gif converter kinda takes too long for me. i don't know what happened. your viewer use to work...

anyway, big sprites don't seem to show up. items and weapon fx work, but as far as lets say a character sprit, i get nothing.
"...Half a man's corpse laid on the hallway floor starring at itself,
probably wondering what had happened to the rest of his body..."
- Brothers Of The Dark

Red

Post by Red »

To that effect GRV doesn't support character/vehicle sprites so that wouldn't be a solution.

Back to the problem, it's because the program can't find zlib.dll (somewhat documented in the readme)
  1. If you use a shortcut to run the viewer, make sure that the "Start in" path set in the properties is the same as the location of the zlib.dll.
  2. If it's missing, redownload the viewer archive and extract zlib.dll form it and put it beside the redview.exe (if there are still problems, see a) and c))
  3. If you're running windows9x/ME/2000 and there's another program that uses another zlib.dll then mine will try to use the same one that's already loaded. As good as that might seem, the zlib.dll provided with my program was compiled to be made compatible with VB calls which means the normal zlib.dll won't work. This means: try to shut down all other applications.
    You can always download a "dll lister" program to check if there are other zlib dlls loaded. I can recommend this one: http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freew ... dlls.shtml
    Here are instructions:
    • Download and save the program on the desktop
    • Open a DOS window
    • Drag and drop the icon form the desktop to the DOS window, the command should appear in it
    • Type

Code: Select all

|find /i "zlib"
      after the added text and press enter. This should display all (if any) zlib files loaded.
    If you find a path indicating another zlib.dll then the one beside my redviewer then that's the problem. To know which program, use the same program but with

Code: Select all

|more
    after it instead of the find string, and look for the zlib string and see which program runs it - and try to stop it.
Hope this helps
Our Host!