Rebellion2, anyone?

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Rebellion2, anyone?

Post by Max-Violence »

Whelp, I just sent Rebellion2 to Odin and Kreegle, and I've uploaded it to my site. You know what to do :twisted:

Oh, and as I've posted in the "In the News" forum (the thread about Rebellion 1), my site, and in Rebellion2's readme, I found out why so many people had problems with Rebellion 1's speech file. The readme was wrong on where to put the file. The right spot is Fallout Tactics\Max-V\core\locale\missions\Rebellion\

And YES, OTB, I'm removing the "core" aspect of my stuff from now on :P

Now, I'm off to play some much-needed Operation Flashpoing and Dungeon Siege...
Last edited by Max-Violence on Thu May 30, 2002 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
endocore
Regular
Regular

Post by endocore »

Ummm, would it be considered cheating if somehow during the process of downloading the files they, ummm, mysteriously changed somehow so that all the player characters started out with a set of Super Power Armor of Invincibility and a Gatling Rocket Launcher of Doom in order to get a leg up on their opponents?

Just kidding, if it's anything like Rebellion Part 1 which is currently presenting me with serious challenges (which is a good thing), I can't wait to play it. Keep up the great work, MV.

Endocore
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

endocore wrote:Ummm, would it be considered cheating if somehow during the process of downloading the files they, ummm, mysteriously changed somehow so that all the player characters started out with a set of Super Power Armor of Invincibility and a Gatling Rocket Launcher of Doom in order to get a leg up on their opponents?
In a word: Yes.

:lol:

But I'm glad you're having fun with the map (you... are having fun, right?). Don't feel bad if you think RB1 is too hard... I did too when I first tried it :) (The caves are a bitch, btw)

A tip: Don't be afraid to use explosives. In the event that the enemy survives, you can always use another character to finish 'em off.
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
endocore
Regular
Regular

Post by endocore »

It's definitely fun (as opposed to frustrating) since I can clearly see what needs to happen but just haven't found a way to effectively accomplish it yet. I don't have a lot of time in on the map (maybe six hours--but remember, as usual I'm playing it in turn-based which takes much longer), but I have yet to make a successful assault forward on the surface, and I'm a little worried because the further I have the characters just sneak past all the opponents to gather intelligence, the more heavily armed the opponents get (yikes, what's going on with all those miniguns?)

Anyway, since this thread is about Rebellion Part 2 rather than Part 1 I'll just hush up now, and like I said before I look forward to seeing what diabolical tortures you've thought up for Part 2.

Endocore
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Re: Rebellion2, anyone?

Post by OnTheBounce »

Max-Violence wrote:And YES, OTB, I'm removing the "core" aspect of my stuff from now on :P
I'm glad to see you finally answer the clarion call of Reason, Grasshopper. :mrgreen:

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Boy, you're really releasing 'em faster than I can review them! :lol:
Damn, that will cut on my available time for my campaign again...
I think I'll pay someone to kidnap you and force you to sit on a chair, doing nothing for a week or two(well except for the basics)... :evil:
twiztid wanderer
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by twiztid wanderer »

Alrighty then this is probably the stupidest questiong you're gonna get on this thread and yes I'm a n00b too this forum but what is rebellion?
Is it they fear the pain of death or do they fear the joy of life?
Life is only an outer layer, for reality is only realized by the insane.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Rebellion is a SP campaign I'm making. Go to my site (URL is in my sig) to download the first two parts. Note that you have to start with Rebellion before you can play Rebellion2 (it is a campaign, after all :D)
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
Shadowvalor
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadowvalor »

Alright, I don't care how much of a newbie I sound like.

Th really screwed up (no offence) way the files are put in here is confusing me. Alright, I put Max-V in my base FoT directory and made a shortcut to run it as a mod, yet it has a core folder in it? Doesn't that mean I'm going to end up not reading those because they won't be seen by the FoT engine?

Also, I put that 'core' folder that was in there with the Max-V flder in my base FoT directory, addeing your new entities and whatnot? To the point these aren't in the Max-V folder I don't know, but I'm not seeing anything such as objectives or speach.

So, I need some help.
Help end poverty, eat the poor.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

You got it right - there's a /core/ folder "after" my Max-V folder. Yes, I know it's confusing, but it (eventually) works.

The reason I have my own /core/ folder is 'cause I misread the readme's tips on making a different -path for the game. After Rebellion is done, I'll be cleanin' up my stuff ;)

Just put stuff where the readme/WinZip tells you to, and yer good :twisted:
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
Our Host!