Revolution In Iran?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
KrokGloken
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Revolution In Iran?

Post by KrokGloken »

http://www.activistchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1424

Will it just be subdued or will it continue?
Turan
Regular
Regular

Post by Turan »

:paper:

Yes, eventually. Hopefully we will send troops. I'd like to see Osama get on our backs about that. Hell, he'd probably be dancing.
Grey Fil
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Grey Fil »

There as been a struggle between moderates and hardliners for some time now. The scam that where the elections and the general suckiness of the strict islamism that the hardliners enforce has put a large part of the population on the side of the moderates. I think it may weaken the hardliners position but it will not generate a generalized revolution yet. And then again you never know.
Carpe jugulum.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

Revolution in Iran has been brewing for a long time, outside help should be contained strictly to political and diplomatic pressure.

The worst possible scenerio is the US trying to take advantage of the reformist revolution in that country for its own means.
bey.
Grey Fil
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Grey Fil »

It would probably unite everybody around the hardliners.
Carpe jugulum.
Walks with the Snails
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Walks with the Snails »

Yeah, people are stupid like that.
Turan
Regular
Regular

Post by Turan »

Grey Fil wrote:It would probably unite everybody around the hardliners.
No, it would not. Iranians are alot more intellegent then Arabs, as they are not the ones who have not had self rule sense the Ayyubids. I think that, if anything, every nation in the area would be willing to help. The Pakistanis because thier Baluchi cousins are hated, and Pakistan is a secular Sunni state, the Azeri because the Azeri/Turkmen population of Iran is about 26%, the Turks because they are the antipathy of everything Iran stands for, the Syrians because the Arabs hate the Iranians.

Also, Iranians tend to be better eductated, speak more languages and generally like America more then any nation outside of Poland. This is not Iraq, we have never betrayed the Iranians.

I'd personally have invaded Iran before Iraq- less retaliation from the Arab street as they hate the Iranians as much, maybe more then they hate us, a population screaming for secular democracy as well as being extremely well educated. In other words, everything Iraq is not.
KrokGloken
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by KrokGloken »

If the Iranian people were well armed, revolution would be easy.

About seventy-five percent of the population is under twenty-five. Most of those are angry, beaten students wanting some payback.
Turan
Regular
Regular

Post by Turan »

KrokGloken wrote:If the Iranian people were well armed, revolution would be easy.

About seventy-five percent of the population is under twenty-five. Most of those are angry, beaten students wanting some payback.
Well armed means nothing outside of Africa or South East asia (unless it started in one of the larger cities, like Tehran itself or Ishfahan). For every thousand Kalishnikovs or M-4s these guys have, the Ayattholas will have enough WMD, airpower and artillery to silence them and thier city. Best I can hope for is an Attaturk like Army-based yet Democratic revolution.
Maximus
Regular
Regular

Post by Maximus »

Seriously you guys... the middle east sucks. They are always fighting for some shit. I am Achmed you stole my cupcake! JIHAD!
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

FREE KURDISTAN
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
InvisibleMonkey
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by InvisibleMonkey »

The Middle East needs to be nuked. It's the shit hole of the world.
Irony is a cruel, sadistic bitch.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

InvisibleMonkey wrote:The Middle East needs to be nuked. It's the shit hole of the world.
i agree. the whole of middle east, including everything surrounding, should put made into a nuclear wasteland so we can throw our garbage there.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

What about the precious juice?
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

Turan wrote: This is not Iraq, we have never betrayed the Iranians.
hahahhahahhaha....... hahahhaha......... oh man...... lol... you funny man.

*cough* Mossadeq 1954 *cough*

If the US and UK hadn't toppled Iran's first democratically elected gov't (Mossadeq in 1954) right now you would have a democratic and NON theocratic gov't right in the heart of the middle east as a sort of stable prosperous oasis that would have most likely been a role model to the other surrounding nations. It can be argued that if the US didn't fuck everything up before they could have easily avoided all the acts of terror that's followed since.

oh and here's a good read for the ignorant and uninformed among you:

http://www.nytimes.com/library/world/mi ... index.html
bey.
Turan
Regular
Regular

Post by Turan »

Spazmo wrote:FREE KURDISTAN
I agree here. Though I still hold that Armenia should have Wilsonian (ie Kars, Trapeson & the bunch) borders.

Main question is on the borders, though, obviously, as Kurdistan is right smack dab in the middle of Turks, Iranians, Azeris and Arabs on all sides.

And it has calmed down substantially, anyway. Hell, Erdorgan just set up the first Kurdish Language school in the country. Hell, before you know it it will be legal to call them Kurds and not Mountain Turks. Damned thats a fucked up country.
A) Debateable, as American foreign policy was to install self consciously Nazi regiems to stop the commies (and, weirldy, it worked)
B) No one remembers it, no one in Iran blames America for that.

Considering that among the most pro-American people I have ever known are Zoroastrian Iranians and Azeri Iranians, I am inclined to say that Iran would have been substantially more succesful then Iraq, and they actually have WMD.
Inin
Regular
Regular

Post by Inin »

FREE MYCROTCHISTAN!!!!

-Inin
Fight the Good Fight-
and die with the enemies' heart in your hand.
Neon Dingo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Neon Dingo »

The Middle East needs to be nuked. It's the shit hole of the world.
Except for the whole oil part and how our entire technological existence is based off of oil.

Sure, they may be stupid fucking towel heads, but we really love to harvest dead dinosaurs from beneath their crusty, calloused feet.

I'm not too concerned with a revolution in Iran seeing as how the
"revolutionaries" will more than likely install a government with backwards Islamic principles. Fuck Islam.

If we're going to nuke the Middle East we might as well nuke everything else.
This sentence has thirty-two letters.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

Turan wrote:
A) Debateable, as American foreign policy was to install self consciously Nazi regiems to stop the commies (and, weirldy, it worked)
B) No one remembers it, no one in Iran blames America for that.
A) Yes, it worked so well that you're now fighting several different wars and on occassion get several buildings blown the fuck up.

B) You're wrong. Mossadeq to Iran is the equivalent of Che to Cuba or what JFK was to America.

Every self-respecting educated Persian knows him and what he tried to do.

And Dingo you fucking tool, Iran has had a backwards Islamic government since 1979. If it weren't for the US' coup Iran's gov't would have still been a secular one up until today, sorta like Turkey except more prosperous and overall better?

And Islam shouldn't be singled out, all religions blow equally hard.
bey.
Our Host!