Vehicle sprite

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Chaos
Respected
Respected
Location: Somewhere, don't really know I got lost on the way to Vault 13.

Vehicle sprite

Post by Chaos »

I have a map in which i want a vehicle to be destroyed so i modified an existing vehicle ent. so that the HP of the vehicle would always be 0 and i placed it in the map the problem is when i play the map the explosion image thingy gets stuck (peak of explosion) while the rest of the vehicle is acting perfect (destroyed and on fire), what could be making the explosion image get stuck?
Soldier of the wastes. :gun:
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

RE

Post by PaladinHeart »

Just have the vehicle as an actor and use "make dead". That should work better. Although every time you load a game/enter the map the car will redo its exploding animation (and sound) but that happens with the destruction of any vehicle.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
Chaos
Respected
Respected

Post by Chaos »

thank you, and that shouldnt be a problem because when you are going to start the map you will be no where near the vehicle so you wont see/hear the vehicle explode.
[Roe] Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by [Roe] Snake »

Talking about vehicles... anyone interested in making custom vehicle sprites ? I would love to see an Abrahams Tank in FOT... :D *Wink*

Greetz
Chaos
Respected
Respected

Post by Chaos »

ok well making it an actor fixed the explosion image problem but now i have the problem that i can run thru the "dead" vehicle like its not even there.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

I'm not sure, but I think one can change entities' hit points from within the level editor. If you can, insert the normal entity there and set the HP to 0 instead of using a new entity. I've noticed that doing things from within the level editor yields fewer oddities.

I'm 100% positive I and/or other people have put "pre-broken" vehicles in a map with no problems.
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
SDMVersion3
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by SDMVersion3 »

Max-Violence wrote:I'm 100% positive I and/or other people have put "pre-broken" vehicles in a map with no problems.
I'm not sure, but I think he wants to script the vehicle to blow up when the player sees it.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

[Roe] Snake wrote:Talking about vehicles... anyone interested in making custom vehicle sprites ? I would love to see an Abrahams Tank in FOT... :D *Wink*

Greetz
Spray doesn't support this kind of sprite creation. Red was to add it to Redviewer if someone suceeded to make them, but despite the ones that wanted, we're still waiting for them to have results. Definitely not an easy task.

Flamescreen
Chaos
Respected
Respected

Post by Chaos »

no im not trying to script it to blow up once the player sees it MV is right i just want it to be like a previously destroyed vehicle that isnt super old (as in it happened recently before the player got there)
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

You can create a tile from a specific frame of a sprite. So if you want just a static destroyed humvee then extract only that picture.
Chaos
Respected
Respected

Post by Chaos »

how do you do that?
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

RE

Post by PaladinHeart »

But if you use a destroyed vehicle it also functions as a container.. and you don't have to go to all the work of figuring out how to use a sprite editor to accomplish such a simple task :)

I wish sprite editing could be as easy as it was when you could edit Doom, where you could make something die really slowly or change its death animation to be more gruesome. Or whatever you wanted. It was all simple.. Now with FOT its a nightmare to edit almost anything. But the biggest thing it has going for it is the wide range of freedom it gives you.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Chaos wrote:how do you do that?
You need to spr2gif it! :joy: To use spr2gif you need to make a batch file. I'll see what mine says and post till friday.

Flamescreen
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

It says:-------------

Cls
Rem if name contains spaces double quote it
spr2gif.exe leatherMale.spr

---------the first and second lines are personal reminders, you only need the last. Replace leatherMale with whatever sprite you're breaking to gifs.
Our Host!