The Fall preview on Gamers with Jobs

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Bobbin
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Bobbin »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:Interplay will never sell the rights to Fallout. It's one of the only licenses they own flat out that has a great deal of brand recognition. It'd be like shooting themselves in the foot with a bigger gun than they normally shoot themselves in the foot with.
I thought we all agreed that IPLY doesn't give a shit about PC anymore so why shouldn't they sell the Fallout 3 PC license? It's correct that Tim Cain asked for it and was rejected but that may very well be due to personal stuff or the amount of money he offered.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

Well, they split Fallout Enforcer's story in to two parts so they could make a sequel out of the second half of the story. What's that tell you?
That the corpse of interplay will be reanimated again and again nomatter how many times it shoots itself in the foot or metaphorically jams a nuclear payload up it's left nostril? Much like a flesh golem. :dance:
Grimnar
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Grimnar »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:
Grimnar wrote:So you foresee more console Fallout raping then?
Well, they split Fallout Enforcer's story in to two parts so they could make a sequel out of the second half of the story. What's that tell you?

I had no idea about the story, but im sure thats true ... But did the 1st part really sell that well to generate a possible sequel??
"We have OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone-scorpions" -Chucky Cuevas
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Yea, we still don't have any numbers. What's up with FOPOS?
Core Puzzle
Regular
Regular

Post by Core Puzzle »

The sequel was probably planned long before FOBOS shipped. But, you know, that's Interplay and their crazy chance-taking schemes. Generic action games for consoles, they're rebels!
Chuckie Chuckie 5 dollaz?
BlackDog
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BlackDog »

Spazmo wrote:I hope Carsten never manages to find a publisher. If he does, I hope it's Interplay.
Yeah, but then they'll stick the Fallout name on it.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

BlackDog wrote:
Spazmo wrote:I hope Carsten never manages to find a publisher. If he does, I hope it's Interplay.
Yeah, but then they'll stick the Fallout name on it.
That could explain the whole Fallout 3 thing.. They know fans want a Fallout 3, Silver Style goes to them with The Fall.. Interplay agrees to publish under the name Fallout 3, and..

Crap, I think I just pissed myself thinking about that.
------------------
Our Host!