Darn it, I want an Arcanum sequel...

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I'd have liked to see more of a clash between tech and magic. It'd be like if tomorrow someone found out magic existed. People just wouldn't follow on. I'd like to see as bigger reaction from people in the opposite school of thought than I'd get if I was a half-orc or something.

Techs were way to weak as well. Having to lug around all the junk for things that weren't too powerful.

I wouldn't mind tallish glass buildings and cars for vendigroth, so long as it's trixy to get to. It was also a little silly seeing the magic capital of the world being a few discs on some trees while the tech capital was a huge city.

I liked Arcanum. It wasn't anything to amazing, but it has potential. I'd like the tech system to be more flexible, like mabye building your own machines. Have a bunch of parts you mix together and can change about on blueprints. Some of the stuff for a techy was obvious, I don't see how having a bit of paper would make things any easier.

I liked the whole 19th century kind of stuff. Any further along would be a bit crap mabye? I'd have liked to have seen more depth to the diplomatic side though, like suits being a sort of charismatic armour. The game also needed canes to go along with the top-hats.

I'd like to see the Arcanum world more in-depth really. I'd rather have that kind of fantasy than any dnd junk.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I'd have liked to see more of a clash between tech and magic. It'd be like if tomorrow someone found out magic existed. People just wouldn't follow on. I'd like to see as bigger reaction from people in the opposite school of thought than I'd get if I was a half-orc or something.

Techs were way to weak as well. Having to lug around all the junk for things that weren't too powerful.

I wouldn't mind tallish glass buildings and cars for vendigroth, so long as it's trixy to get to. It was also a little silly seeing the magic capital of the world being a few discs on some trees while the tech capital was a huge city.

I liked Arcanum. It wasn't anything to amazing, but it has potential. I'd like the tech system to be more flexible, like mabye building your own machines. Have a bunch of parts you mix together and can change about on blueprints. Some of the stuff for a techy was obvious, I don't see how having a bit of paper would make things any easier.

I liked the whole 19th century kind of stuff. Any further along would be a bit crap mabye? I'd have liked to have seen more depth to the diplomatic side though, like suits being a sort of charismatic armour. The game also needed canes to go along with the top-hats.

I'd like to see the Arcanum world more in-depth really. I'd rather have that kind of fantasy than any dnd junk.
:chew:
Phias
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Phias »

No matter how good the Arcanum sequel would be it would never live up to everyone's expectations.

I hope they leave it as it is- Good, replayable and enjoyable. Any sequel could change it.

I was disappointed with the ending.

1.What the hell becomes of the Panarri religion?
2.How does Arronax revive the entire (SPOILER)?
3.What becomes of Tarant?
Endure. In enduring, grow strong.
Sankis
Respected
Respected

Post by Sankis »

double post, sorry.
Last edited by Sankis on Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sankis
Respected
Respected

Post by Sankis »

Spoilers. If you didn't beat Arcanum, don't read this.

I'd like to see an Arcanum sequel, though I too don't like the idea of Vendigroth and it's super dooper magic squashing technology. Maybe if the game took place right after the game, and the full effect of vendigroth's resurfacing not seeping in.

Though asides from that, i'd like to see less linearity in the game, creating your own spells and technological items(to a certain extent).
Our Host!